[Chalenge][normal] Timo Maas -(Limited Time Only)-

• 26 Replies

Offline grimwit

• I'm imagining a non-hypethetical world.
    • View Profile
    • Natch Evil Comic
[Chalenge][normal] Timo Maas -(Limited Time Only)-
« on: March 21, 2010, 18:55:20 »
K, a couple of things.

1:  This is based around a copy written song.  I have no idea of the legality of this, but I put way too much time into it to care.  I'll just keep it off you're guy's site to keep the legality on the down low for now.  Music is from Sims 2, BTW.

2:  This level has allot to do with the timing of said song.  Jump are timed to be done in rhythm of the music, and if done right, the power up are all claimed on the symbol crashes of the song.  This took a long time to do, but I have NO idea if it'll work the same on my computer as on yours.

The Goal of the game is to reach the finish line before the music ends.  There are no save points, but I put very few things in to kill you.  If you do it right, you should NEVER have to take you finger off the right-arrow key, but your first time through, you'll probably want to ignore the music, just to get a feel of the obstacle course you're going through.

This Download has been removed.

*le sigh*  I found out about the whole copywriten song thing after I finished the level design, but before I finished making it look good.  Still, I'm curious if it's possible to finish the level before the music is over on other people's computer.The timing is almost perfect on mine.  Enjoy for what it's worth.

P.S.  The tile set "Part-Teh" is all yours to use, if you wanna use it.

Edit:  Still not going to complet this, but have made a few changes.
1.  The flaw in Part-Teh tile set is fixed so that little dot over the purple grass is gone.
2.  >_>  There was a floor blocking the way making it so you could not finish the level.  That's gone now.
3.  nconciously added some background.

k, This download will self-destruct in about a week.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 02:54:18 by grimwit »
Forever working on a Level called Sarah.

Offline Yukabacera

• Tasen Soldier (LL868:ALDK)
    • View Profile
    • The Yukabacera Files
Re: [Chalenge][normal] Timo Maas
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 19:51:40 »
Interesting concept. I'll try this.

=|=
:hiddenstar: My only one.

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 19:54:32 »
Neat!

The timing works for me.

I'm stuck here, though:
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 19:59:02 »
Level releases board, please.

This level is incredibly well done. I love it! Only thing is the first time I started playing it, my sister started playing the piano right in the middle, and I practically flipped out. Oh well, I'm gonna go play it again.
Lurk more.

Offline Yukabacera

• View Profile
    • The Yukabacera Files
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 20:09:01 »
Just played it. And I have only this to say: kudos to you, sir! This level is fantastic! The timing is really awesome, and it works for me too. I really loved the song part (with the little bumps on the floor) and the harmless spikes.  C)p I died at the lasers thing though. Still, an awesome level.

=|=

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 01:25:47 »
@AdeleneDawner: I got stuck at the same place. Methinks a shift is missing or something. I managed to cheat past it, though, and with a little work got back in synch.

@Yukabacera: The laser thing was really great. I got past the first screen and I had to keep telling myself, "it's all planned out. You're not going to die." :P

@All: For best results, run KS as soon as you boot up your computer, with no other progroms running. I used the task manager to set KS's priority to high. I'm not sure if it helped, but it worked better than before.
Lurk more.

Offline the Jack

• not *that* Jack!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 00:38:10 »
So, the level is basically like a speed-run? It sounds cool, but I'm wondering if I'd have any hope of seeing it the way it should be, or if I should just wait for someone to do an LP video.

Also, pardon me while I break out the pedantry:  X-P

1:  This is based around a copy written song.

You mean copyrighted. Copyright refers to the intellectual-property rights of the writer, designer, artist (or in this case composer and/or performer of the music) etc.; whoever made it. Copy writing (usually written as two words, or hyphenated: "copy-writer") refers to either creating content for advertisements, or -- ironically -- editing your own or someone else's work to correct errors. This is why open source, Creative Commons etc. content is sometimes referred to as "copylefted" even though the "right" in "copyright" refers to the other meaning of "right".

I'll just keep it off you're guy's site to keep the legality on the down low for now.

You mean your or you guys'. You're is a contraction of you are, so it always and only means "you are". You guys would refer to all of the people you're talking to (e.g., "you guys are probably sick of my spelling corrections already"); the "s" at the end of "guys" there indicates plural (more than one of you) rather than possession (belonging to you). Your guy's would mean "belonging to the guy that belongs to you" -- as in, "In this game, your guy's mission is to reach the end of the level before the music ends," where "your guy" refers to the player-character usually called Juni.

Whether the apostrophe (') goes before or after the s depends on whether it's singular or plural. (Or another contraction, like it's = it is.) If you're talking about one person, it's that guy's -- as in "I can't wait to play that guy's level" -- while those guys' refers to more than one person, as in "those guys' levels are too hard for me, I wish they'd make them easier like that one guy does".

2:  This level has allot to do with the timing of said song.

You mean A_lot, as in a large amount. There is no such word as "alot" -- though as you saw via spellcheck, or just happened to typo, allot with two Ls is a word, meaning to assign or set a quantity for something, as in "The time alloted for the exam is 40 minutes." Seeing "alot" instead of "a lot" actually drives me kinda nuts, but that one is so common, I wouldn't have pointed it out if I wasn't already commenting about the copyrighted/copy written thing. Intellectual property issues are taken pretty seriously around here.

It's good that you're giving credit to where you got the music from, even if you haven't asked for / probably can't get permission to use it.

Sorry for going all grammar-nazi on you!  :oops:  It was meant as friendly help, not an attack.

Actually, it's eggplant.

Offline grimwit

• View Profile
    • Natch Evil Comic
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 22:22:30 »
@ the Jack

You and my friend Chuck would get along.  He does the same thing to me.

@ pineapple

K, I took out that floor that wasn't supposed to be there. Like and idiot, I put it in thinking I forgot it.  I donno about the lasers, but it works in sync with my computer.  In all honesty, I'm not going to mess with this level anymore.

@ Everyone else.

Because of the song and bandwidth issues, I gotta kill the link, but I'll wait a week before I do.  March 31st will be the last day you can DL it, then I'm killing it.

Offline Yukabacera

• View Profile
    • The Yukabacera Files
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2010, 12:35:31 »
@grimwit: So this is gonna be like a collector's item now? Nice!

@the Jack: Yes, Grammatik Macht Frei indeed.

=|=

EDIT: When trying to install the updated level, I get a "possible exploit" error. Any idea why?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 18:50:41 by Yukabacera »

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2010, 00:04:15 »
[faq]?
So, um grimwit.. Mind changing the title? Through my awesome source-editing abilities, I was able to download this level. Others might not be so lucky.
Lurk more.

Offline grimwit

• View Profile
    • Natch Evil Comic
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2010, 19:30:43 »
Source editing?

It's the same file, I just didn't change the title.

What?

Huh?

I guess I could tell people this DL will die in a bit.

What do you mean?

Re: [Chalenge][normal] Timo Maas -(Limited Time Only)-
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2010, 00:41:29 »
I opened Knytt Stories.mfa and deleted all the code relating to "possible exploit." :P

Oh, yeah. And I re-built the .exe
Lurk more.

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2010, 12:55:19 »
Consider this yet another level collected by AClockWorkLemon, collector of limited-release collectibles  C)p
Great concept!
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.
:hiddenstar: - From Pumpkinbot

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2010, 14:39:10 »
Why is this limited time? e: nevermind I fail at reading

!!! NOTICE !!!
To anyone getting 'possible exploit':
1. Open the knytt.bin in notepad
2. At the top you'll see: NFGrimwit - Timo Maas v0.8
3. Change it to remove the dot (I replaced it with another zero)
4. !!! FILE MUST HAVE SAME LENGTH: Overwrite the dot, don't just delete it
5. Save
6. Try again
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 14:55:53 by Dataflashsabot »

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2010, 23:25:27 »
I've got a massive chuck of space left in my dropbox, If you want I could host it there.
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.
:hiddenstar: - From Pumpkinbot