Saira not starting (Steam)

• 9 Replies

Offline doug84

• View Profile
Saira not starting (Steam)
« on: March 16, 2010, 21:59:52 »
Hi folks, I bought Saira on Steam today, but it doesn't seem to want to work and play nice.

I can get into the 'configure' thing fine and dandy, but the main game doesn't wanna start. Checking in the task manager, the EXE is definitely running but I see nothing on screen.

Any idea what could be wrong/how I can fix it?

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
Re: Saira not starting (Steam)
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 22:22:24 »
I honestly have no idea. I've tested Saira on Steam and it's supposed to work. I'll look into it and let you know if I figure it out! What operating system are you on? What graphics card do you have? Have you tried to run it both windowed and full screen?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 22:25:56 by Nifflas »

Offline doug84

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 22:26:57 »
I honestly have no idea. I've tested Saira on Steam and it's supposed to work. I'll look into it and let you know if I figure it out!

Thanks! I'll restart the machine later and see if that helps. Could be I have some junk infering somewhere.

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 22:31:31 »
Thanks! If it's a bug in the game I need to be able to reproduce it to have any idea what to actually look for or fix. The more information I can get about your system the greater the chance is that I might be able to solve it.

Also, the serial code you purchase on Steam also works on the non-Steam version of the game. You can always try to download it from my website and input the serial code in the Settings program to see if it makes a difference.

Offline doug84

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 22:41:05 »
Thanks! If it's a bug in the game I need to be able to reproduce it to have any idea what to actually look for or fix. The more information I can get about your system the greater the chance is that I might be able to solve it.

Also, the serial code you purchase on Steam also works on the non-Steam version of the game. You can always try to download it from my website and input the serial code in the Settings program to see if it makes a difference.

Downloading the non-steam version now - as for my machine, its a Windows Vista one, with quad core CPU. I can get the dxdiag output if you want.

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 22:43:00 »
Yeah, that could be useful. It's so difficult to know what's happening, in particular if you're not getting an actual crash. I wish I could be more helpful!

Offline doug84

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 22:53:26 »
Yeah, that could be useful. It's so difficult to know what's happening, in particular if you're not getting an actual crash. I wish I could be more helpful!

Ok, non steam version boots up fine - seems to have the full game unlocked as is. And sure, I'll just grab that now. Attached to the post.

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 23:44:07 »
I'm glad it runs on your PC! Let me know if you figure out why this might happen. I'm sorry for the inconvenience and hope it is ok that you'll have to run the non-Steam version.

Offline doug84

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010, 23:56:19 »
I'm glad it runs on your PC! Let me know if you figure out why this might happen. I'm sorry for the inconvenience and hope it is ok that you'll have to run the non-Steam version.

Oh its fine - I just saw it on steam and thought it looked interesting  ;) Its fun so far, if challenging.

Offline tgi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2010, 06:38:37 »
Hi folks, I bought Saira on Steam today, but it doesn't seem to want to work and play nice.

I can get into the 'configure' thing fine and dandy, but the main game doesn't wanna start. Checking in the task manager, the EXE is definitely running but I see nothing on screen.

Same problem here. The only thing that shows in the game window is "Load Game >", which looks as if it's a button, but "cross-hatched" as if it's intended to be "grayed out" (see attachment). A music score plays over and over, but nothing else happens.

I'm on a Dell Inspiron 9400/E1705 laptop, Intel T2500 Core Duo 1.93 GHz, Intel ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 onboard video, 1 GB RAM, Microsoft Vista Home Premium (latest Windows Update patches), DirectX 10 (DxDiag output attached).
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 06:41:16 by tgi »