U-water Lab Tune - Extended

• 4 Replies

Offline noiz

• View Profile
U-water Lab Tune - Extended
« on: March 15, 2010, 05:42:44 »
Heya balls!
(balls synchro-ask: is this d1ck on the phone? We told you not to call, drooly weirdo)

One guy posted the Underwater Lab Tune on youtube.
The other guy said he might make a longer version of it.
The first guy said that'd be cool.
The other guy never did it.
Seeing all that, I thought to myself- heck, this track does deserve a longer play time.

I present you the Extended version.
May D Fast, Nifflas, and you guys have mercy on my soul.

Underwater Lab Tune (Extended version)

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
Re: U-water Lab Tune - Extended
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 08:29:43 »
Who are these "guys"?

Anyways, the changes you made just seem out of place. It feels like you just copy-pasted parts of the song together without any real regards to the tempo, and sometimes even melody, of the song. :/
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 11:01:43 »
sorry but (and excuse the pun) it just sounds like noiz
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.
:hiddenstar: - From Pumpkinbot

Offline noiz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 17:16:11 »
No worries about the pun, seen it coming a mile away  ;)
___

These 'guys' are:
Original uploader of u-water lab tune on YT -  Linkzcap
The person who commented on that video stating that he might make an extended version - Zamzummin
"you guys" - you guys. the members of this forum, all'a'ya  :)
___

Yes, it is indeed a simple copy-paste, amateur attempt at it. I've used Cool Edit, and the original mp3/ogg was only 128kbps. And to top that, I've accidentally saved it at 80kbps in some point while making it. Hence the "sounds like noiz".

The melody and tempo have changed after the first part of the song, I didn't want to simply c/p it all at once to double the length of it, tried adding variation. It unfortunately became more of a.. "mainstream track" let's say, having transitions and "boosts" in the middle.
The reason why I chose to "chop up" the track is because it had a strong hip-hop feel to it, and one of the pillars of that subculture is sampling, mashing up, creating new audio from existing audio. Still, I'm not defending this in any way, because I myself hear the many mistakes in it. I guess it should've stayed offline as I subconsciously tried to please my personal taste in music  C)p

On the sidenote, I'm interested in the possibility to convert .it to a compressed format like mp3. I take it that ".it" is uncompressed, much like .mid, yes? I'm not planning to do any more crappy attempts, I would simply like a high-bitrate mp3 for listening. So far I'm listening to the ".it" tracks with AdLib plugin.

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated, honestly!

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2010, 21:14:21 »
I've heard "extended" version of «Scales of Zordium». It was lust 2x of normal version. And that was better. Did you played in WADF? Your mix is out of WADF entity.
I found, that you tried to create your mix-similar, but its still far. So, try hard! And one day you will compare it with original.

PS. Which editor used D Fast?
just a human