[Very hard] [Challenge] No Trespassing

• 6 Replies

Offline Lizzaroro

• Raaaaaaahhh!!!
    • View Profile
[Very hard] [Challenge] No Trespassing
« on: March 14, 2010, 11:27:29 »
Woah, I was right when I said this would be finished really quickly. Now on with the Level.

This is possibly the scariest most evil Knytt story yet, it contains scary deaths, and disturbing enemies.

The Storyline:
Juni takes a walk into the Dark Woods, considered a simple dead forest with ghosts untill Juni takes the wrong route. She ends up right next to the 'Devil's land' where in there is a population of unmerciful Ghouls, a horrific atmosphere and traumatic traps. Are you brave enough to venture in?

Not for the faint of heart...

The download is here

Good luck in the 'Devil's land'

Prank your friends with it if you want!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 11:31:49 by Lizzaroro »
Click the Holoskull for my newest project... (Its on hold due to Doombuilder issues). And all my old levels are here
My Youtube *Contains NSFW*

Offline Salmoneous

• View Profile
Re: [Very hard] [Challenge] No Trespassing
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 17:30:09 »
Neither sound or graphics contrituted to the terror atmosphere so it fellt overall effortless. You have a nice concept here and with some more work it could be really good.

Offline theiza27

• 'allo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 02:08:28 »
is it supposed to be that short? or am i stuck? i can't tell lolz... not so much scary... as a good replication of an acid trip... i like ur co's... they could probably be used in a better more well executed level :)

Offline Lizzaroro

• Raaaaaaahhh!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 06:21:04 »
So it's bad? Oh well. I wasn't really going for a haunted atmosphere, I was going for a satanic Atmosphere instead. Most of the stuff was purposely done like that.

Anyway, what ruined it for everyone?

Click the Holoskull for my newest project... (Its on hold due to Doombuilder issues). And all my old levels are here

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 11:35:29 »
I enjoyed the level, except for
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

As for the atmosphere, well, if you wanted scary, I'm afraid it wasn't very scary at all... Scary atmosphere requires a much more subtle approach. People are scared of the unknown, the unexpected, etc., whereas this level gets to the horror stuff pretty fast and soon you're very used to it. On the other hand, if you wanted satanic, I guess that sort of worked, but the visuals could use a lot of extra effort: more ground tiles, better animation for COs (I mean, most are just... flashing), better backgrounds, etc. The way things are now, the level looks very rushed.

Except for, once again,
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

Offline drwright

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 17:27:03 »
download link does not work for me

Offline Lizzaroro

• Raaaaaaahhh!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 08:56:14 »
It might work now, Filesmelt can occasionally have problems.