[challenge/normal/long] A Knytt in Time

• 54 Replies

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
Re: [challenge/normal/long] A Knytt in Time
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2010, 05:50:41 »
A first level with 700 screens? That beats my first level by a good 400 or so screens. XD

<space reserved for level commentation>

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2010, 06:18:04 »
How'd I miss this awesome jewel of a level?! This is the best level* I've played yet! Freakin' awesome! Some of the jumps are a little off, but that may be just because I'm playing on KSDS. :P

*Un-weird levels only. "Teenhmifnoeafgil" and "Don't Eat the Mushroom" do not apply.
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

Offline rrc2soft

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2010, 09:51:07 »
How'd I miss this awesome jewel of a level?! This is the best level* I've played yet! Freakin' awesome! Some of the jumps are a little off, but that may be just because I'm playing on KSDS. :P

Yup, it is my fault (sorry about that...  working to improve it)

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2010, 23:04:55 »

Yup, it is my fault (sorry about that...  working to improve it)
Eh, it ain't too bad. I can get those jumps now. I say you should first fix the double-jump/corner glitch, where it takes away the second jump.

But that's neither here nor there. Point is, it's an awesome level regardless. :D
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2010, 05:18:04 »
I have finished the League of Crap Players edition. It's easy rather than normal. I also believe it to be completable on the current build of KSDS. I recommend the original to anyone who is not a "crap player." Get it at the bottom of this page.

I also updated the original, there were a couple slight graphical errors, and a logic issue with the tackle box.

Thanks for all the compliments. I think I'm done tweaking this level. I'm hoping to come out with something new in October, and then another at the end of the year. I get busy during the summer.

Offline the Jack

• not *that* Jack!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2010, 18:38:43 »
Well, I've been playing the LoCP version most of the morning...  :D

It's considerably easier (most of the time) than I was expecting, but there's still some challenge... pretty much just the right amount for Crap Players to get that little frisson of accomplishment without being so hard that it verges on not being fun.

I'll still probably try to find all the toasts & other easter-egg things in the original version eventually, and try for the A+ score, but for now, I'm really enjoying being able to focus on playing through the story, as opposed to spending so much effort trying to get past individual challenges that I lose track of where in the story I am. Not having to worry (so much) about dying is also leading to my appreciating the visuals a lot more -- always a good thing.

One issue I did notice was that
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

Thank you again for doing the LoCP version of this level. I fully expect to be able to draw a bunch of new players into KS with it...

Actually, it's eggplant.

Offline grimwit

• I'm imagining a non-hypethetical world.
    • View Profile
    • Natch Evil Comic
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2010, 18:39:31 »
Great SCOTT, that's an epic level.

Just chiming in on how awesome this one is.  Knytt in time had me writing things down and making maps to keep straight where I needed to go next and how to get there as well as keep the story straight.  Finally got an A rating.

Still scratching my head on how the level was even made.  It must've been a nightmare to organize with all those flags to trip.

Bravo.
Forever working on a Level called Sarah.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2010, 08:24:04 »
@Jack: Opps, you die if you touch where the pipes meet the machine in the original. I was trying to save crappy players the agony of dying there. I guess I'll take that second hatch out in the LoCP edition.

@grimwit: Oh yes! I had storyboards, outlines, flowcharts, and lots of head scratching. Part of what I enjoy about Knytt Stories level editing is getting as much as I can out of the limited logic.

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2010, 08:39:24 »
Great level!

@Jack: Opps, you die if you touch where the pipes meet the machine in the original. I was trying to save crappy players the agony of dying there. I guess I'll take that second hatch out in the LoCP edition.
Or move the opening one square left.