my yellow submarine

• 10 Replies

Offline theiza27

• 'allo!
    • View Profile
my yellow submarine
« on: March 13, 2010, 20:54:12 »
i'm looking for a tileset to use inside of an area in this level i'm currently creating... i wanted it to be just like Nifflas' underwater adventure (the appearance of this area, not my entire level) but yellow... u know... like a yellow submarine :) i've searched the public tilesets in the pinned topic above... and found nothing resembling what i'm looking for... and we're not allowed to just re-color Nifflas' underwater adventure tileset rite?

i'd really like some help finding this tileset or perhaps if someone would consider lending/making me the tileset :oops:

i don't really even need it to look as intricate as Nifflas' i just want something that looks like yellow piping or yellow industrial :)

Offline minmay

• View Profile
    • Cow Muffins
Re: my yellow submarine
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 23:33:06 »
On the old forum Nifflas said we were free to modify his default tilesets, but he can't speak for anyone else.  So you are, in fact, allowed to recolor the tileset, although it's always better to draw your own instead.

Offline theiza27

• 'allo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 23:56:30 »
yeah i kno :/ but i'm afraid i'm probably quite crappy at making my own tilesets... i just wanna make sure its okay because i saw this at the bottom of his tileset so im being cautious

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 01:15:35 »
I made this a while ago. I guess you could re-color it or something.
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline minmay

• View Profile
    • Cow Muffins
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 01:23:37 »
Oops!

I thought you were referring to the "Not quite Dr. Cliche's Underwater Lab" tileset - NOT the one in "An Underwater Adventure."

You cannot use the Underwater Adventure tilesets, and you cannot modify them and then use them, either.  (You'll note that I said Nifflas' default tilesets.  Note the classy use of bold text.)

Offline the Jack

• not *that* Jack!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 07:21:21 »
i'm looking for a tileset to use inside of an area in this level i'm currently creating... i wanted it to be just like Nifflas' underwater adventure (the appearance of this area, not my entire level) but yellow... u know... like a yellow submarine :) i've searched the public tilesets in the pinned topic above... and found nothing resembling what i'm looking for... and we're not allowed to just re-color Nifflas' underwater adventure tileset rite?

i'd really like some help finding this tileset or perhaps if someone would consider lending/making me the tileset :oops:

i don't really even need it to look as intricate as Nifflas' i just want something that looks like yellow piping or yellow industrial :)

Are you using Bloodwulf's "Yellow Submarine" tileset
and looking for something to coordinate with that?

I'm presuming you already looked at Poisonous Forest (default tileset  #22) and it was either the wrong shades of yellow or not industrial enough / had too many flowers and too few pipes...?

If there's a default tileset, or an existing tileset someone has made which can be edited and used in others' levels, that has the sort of industrial look you want -- and you know what shade(s) of yellow you want / are already using in 2nd tileset, gradient, and/or object form -- I'd be happy to re-colour the tileset for you. Also, if combining elements from 2-4 existing freely-editable tilesets would give you what you need, I could do that in addition to the re-colouring.

Actually, it's eggplant.

Offline Salmoneous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2010, 07:42:00 »
AUWA2 (an underwater adventure 2) contains alot fo great underwater facility tilesets. You could ask Lilmanjs16 for them if you are intrested.

Offline theiza27

• 'allo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2010, 08:52:24 »
Razzorman- yes i just might do that ;)

the Jack- yes i am using Bloodwulf's yellow sub tileset... its lucky of me that it exists because i had the idea for this area in my level long before i even saw it... i don't like tileset#22 because it seems like more of an outdoor area that merges nature and industry... i'm just looking for simple tubing/sub/boat parts that i can stick in the middle of some water :) i think im going to check out Lilmanjs16's tileset in AUWA2 and if that looks good i may ask you to recolour that one

thanks for all the help everyone!

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2010, 12:02:22 »
It sounded like fun, so I made this today. I swear I only looked at Nifflas' restricted set once or twice, and I definitely did not copy and paste anything. I hereby release this tileset for public Knytt Stories use, modification, and borrowing. So, don't be upset if someone else uses it first.

Notes: There is a radar screen designed to work with Bank 8 Object 13 by the boat. The boat can be larger by repeating the center tile. The back ground pieces are semi-transparent, not to be used with patterned gradients. I designed it so that tiles in the upper left are on layer 3, the broken girders also go on layer 3. I included interior tiles in 4 colors. You can see how the transitions are meant to work at the right of the sample picture.

If you don't like it that's fine. I admire the look of An Underwater Adventure, and I wanted to see if I could imitate it without copying it.

Offline BioShock

• Yes, I do like Bioshock
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2010, 16:46:36 »
It sounded like fun, so I made this today. I swear I only looked at Nifflas' restricted set once or twice, and I definitely did not copy and paste anything. I hereby release this tileset for public Knytt Stories use, modification, and borrowing. So, don't be upset if someone else uses it first.

Notes: There is a radar screen designed to work with Bank 8 Object 13 by the boat. The boat can be larger by repeating the center tile. The back ground pieces are semi-transparent, not to be used with patterned gradients. I designed it so that tiles in the upper left are on layer 3, the broken girders also go on layer 3. I included interior tiles in 4 colors. You can see how the transitions are meant to work at the right of the sample picture.

If you don't like it that's fine. I admire the look of An Underwater Adventure, and I wanted to see if I could imitate it without copying it.

Very very nice tilesets!

Offline theiza27

• 'allo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2010, 01:23:14 »
thats a great tileset egomassive! you guys are so helpful C)p thanks!