Status update new knyttlevels.com website

• 43 Replies

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: Status update new knyttlevels.com website
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2010, 12:26:43 »
Thanks. :)

Also note: Looki is part responsible for this site. He designed the site header too :)
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2010, 13:54:08 »
Good job Mr LPChip and Mr Looki. :)

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2010, 15:45:49 »
...LPChip, I don't get you. You post about something we're all looking forward to, yet you don't want our opinions or criticism. All you expect is our praise. Why can't we suggest anything?
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2010, 16:54:55 »
I didn't say you can't post comments and suggestions at all, just not now.

I'm not asking for praise either, its just a notice from my end that I'm still working on it, and since progress is being made with many thanks to Looki, I found it necessary to tell everyone so. I remember seeing comments in the past that people would like to get an update every now and then.

Like I've explained before: I have a very good idea with what I want with the system, and I want to incorporate my ideas into it before I release a beta to the public. Once I release a beta to the public (a place where you can submit your level to) I will be ready for feedback and suggestions. Do note, that suggesting something doesn't necessarily means that I will change it, but I will give the suggestion thought. Until then, I will turn down every suggestion regardless of its content even if it actually matches what I have in mind, to ensure that I'm not straying away from my initial plan.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Exp HP

• 1 in 166 children
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2010, 18:56:04 »
Sounds like a plan, then.  After all, the first public beta would never reach "completion" if the goals for it weren't set in stone.
(secretly hoping nobody will mention the object compendium)
My stars:   :hiddenstar:(Object Compendium):hiddenstar:(By PM)
Check out my Youtube channel for some terrible Let's Plays by a socially inept nerd!

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2010, 00:57:42 »
I didn't say you can't post comments and suggestions at all, just not now.

I'm not asking for praise either, its just a notice from my end that I'm still working on it, and since progress is being made with many thanks to Looki, I found it necessary to tell everyone so. I remember seeing comments in the past that people would like to get an update every now and then.

Like I've explained before: I have a very good idea with what I want with the system, and I want to incorporate my ideas into it before I release a beta to the public. Once I release a beta to the public (a place where you can submit your level to) I will be ready for feedback and suggestions. Do note, that suggesting something doesn't necessarily means that I will change it, but I will give the suggestion thought. Until then, I will turn down every suggestion regardless of its content even if it actually matches what I have in mind, to ensure that I'm not straying away from my initial plan.
Okay, great. :) Glad to see this. ;)
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

Offline PeppyHare4000

• My time in this forum is over...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2010, 19:09:16 »
This is going to be a real great feature. LPChip, You have done well.  :D

Will there be an info box that says the info of the level... (I know its a lame question)
Good luck for the rest.

« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2010, 05:55:51 »
A thought just struck me regarding the first screen possible spoilerage. From what I see in the previews it is possibly to upload a level not made by yourself. If someone has one of those first screen spoiler levels, and someone else uploads it, they may be unaware of the spoiler until it is too late.
Lurk more.

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2010, 11:43:20 »
The screen you see in the preview is the same as when you start the game. How can this possibly be a spoiler? If you play it, you see it anyway.

Joke levels are never appreciated anyway, so it would only spoil how awesome the graphics are, which I think is a good thing!

MODPlug Central Forum

« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2010, 04:30:40 »
You know, I'd joined the goobers who were ragging on you not posting any updates because you were hiding something. I knew deep down you were working on it, though. And I was right. I like what I see so far and have no comments or suggestions to be saved for future offering at this time. Keep it up, Chip.

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2010, 08:41:01 »
Ooh, for god's sake, we've already been through all this crap, and LP want's to keep it. PLEASE stop going on about it, seriously.

EDIT: Perhaps it would be an idea just to lock this topic, seeing as all that is being posted in it now is arguments against certain aspects of the design of KnyttLevels
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.
:hiddenstar: - From Pumpkinbot

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2010, 10:03:29 »
Yeah. I'll lock the topic.

When I have a new update, I'll make a new topic. :)

MODPlug Central Forum