Vista - Cannot load ChangeAnim.COX [solved]

• 25 Replies

Offline Evil

• View Profile
Re: WaDF on Vista
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2009, 01:37:22 »
So I tried playing Pteradon, The Turtle Philosopher, and Geoffrey the Fly, and none of them work. But each time the error message I get tells me that a .COX file needs to be installed. Any guesses?

install the .cox file...I guess..

Offline BloxMaster

• Master of the Bloxes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2009, 03:09:25 »
So I tried playing Pteradon, The Turtle Philosopher, and Geoffrey the Fly, and none of them work. But each time the error message I get tells me that a .COX file needs to be installed. Any guesses?
install the .cox file...I guess..
You shouldn't need to install them unless you were trying to open the source, not the complied .exe; this is what puzzles me. I don't even know where you would put the .cox if you were just using the .exe.  :/

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2009, 04:31:38 »
So I just installed WaDF on my girlfriends computer (which is Vista) and then transferred the files to mine via flash drive. Still doesn't work it still is looking for the ChangeAnim.COX file. I assume I'm doing the same thing that everyone else is doing when they download WaDF. I click on the link provided in the WaDF page on the home site and it automatically has me download the .zip file I extract it using winzip and I try clicking on the .exe and it says I need that file.

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2009, 04:33:34 »
Also I don't know if this is relevant but on my girlfriends comp, the WaDF icon just says "Within a Deep Forest" but on my computer is says "Within a Deep Forest.exe"

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2009, 04:50:34 »
So I turned off DEP, turns out when I was doing it before I wasn't restarting my computer. So i turned it off restarted my comp and boom it's working now, thanks so much for all your help!

Offline minmay

• View Profile
    • Cow Muffins
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2009, 16:16:57 »
Also I don't know if this is relevant but on my girlfriends comp, the WaDF icon just says "Within a Deep Forest" but on my computer is says "Within a Deep Forest.exe"

That just means that you have "Show Extensions of Known File Types" (or whatever it's called in Vista) on.

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2009, 13:04:30 »
I get the "Cannot load ChangeAnim.COX" problem as well. Could somone suply the file, presumably anyone with a working WADF has the file.

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
    • I have a LiveJournal. Yes. I do.
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2009, 15:32:45 »
I get the "Cannot load ChangeAnim.COX" problem as well. Could somone suply the file, presumably anyone with a working WADF has the file.

I don't have it, and my WaDF runs fine.
good bye

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2009, 00:17:13 »
Did you try what the guy said in the post above yours?
[achvmnt]VkVSMDIAAAAAAACBgIAAAAAAAAAA[/achvmnt]

Offline Kasran

• TRANSFENESTRATIVE EGRESS
    • View Profile
Re: Vista - Cannot load ChangeAnim.COX [solved]
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2009, 22:45:51 »
No, it isn't that you have to have the file to run WaDF.
If you're on Vista, it's probably DEP that's preventing you from playing it.
grao!

Re: Vista - Cannot load ChangeAnim.COX [solved]
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2017, 20:34:25 »
I was running into the same problem on Vista, which was weird because this very same computer is where I used to play WadF with no troubles at all. As suggested, it was the DEP. Disabling it entirely seemed like overkill (Especially considering the command prompt tinkering it wanted from me) so I avoided doing that, but then I found this:

https://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/65790-dep-turn-off-programs.html

It's actually pretty easy to target a program to bypass the DEP, and while they say you have to restart your computer at the end, I saw results immediately without having to.