[Strategy] Spybot: The Nightfall Incident

• 21 Replies

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
[Strategy] Spybot: The Nightfall Incident
« on: March 01, 2010, 15:30:13 »
You nostalgia you lose. This was an old game on lego.com until they removed it. Because they remove old games for some reason and they suck. But anyway, I always went to that site when I was maybe 10-12. And I remember I loved this game. So one day this game just pops up in my head, and I'm like "awesome, I have to play that again" but saw it was taken away from lego.com so I googled it. I love google. You better do that too... they will rule the world one day, you know.

Anyway, here's some stuff about how you play it (though the tutorial covers pretty much everything):
This strategy game is turn based and uses a grid map. There are some special grids where you place your units (or "upload programs" as the game says, because you are a hacker in the game and have to defeat the enemy programs to hack whatever you are hacking), basically your starting positions. You can upload any units but only one unit for every grid. All units (programs) have three attributes; move, max size and size. Move is basically how many grids a unit can move each turn. Max size is how big a unit can be. Because in this game all the units behave like the classic snake, they get a tail behind them when they move. When the max size is reached, the "oldest" part is removed when it moves. Size is simply the current size of a unit, it dies if the size falls to 0 or below. All units also have one or two commands (skills) (attack/nerf/buff/heal). Commands have four values: Size requirement, effect, range and... let's call it "recoil". Size requirement means that the attack can only be executed if the unit's size is at a certain number or above. This number is shown in parantheses after the attack name (eg DATASLAM(6)) (is usually 0 and not displayed). Effect is how the target is affected. The most common effect is "damage" (a normal attack), reducing your opponents size. Other skills reduces the opponents move attribute. There are also units that can boost other friendly units move, max size or size (move can not go above 10, but max size can be infinite). There is also a unit called Bit Man that has two very special skills that can delete or create a grid. Very useful for reaching "unreachable" areas, creating shortcuts, or keeping the enemy away. Range is how many grids away the attack can hit a target. Recoil is how much the size is reduced on the unit itself (is usually 0 and not displayed). The three latter are shown in the description window when you click the command button (it's name).

I think this covers pretty much... no wait! Watch out for horrible puns.
Spoiler: Screenshot of a battle (click to show/hide)
Oh and link!
http://jayisgames.com/games/spybot-the-nightfall-incident/

And I think Firewall reminded me of it first but then I nah'd but later it just popped up and then I yea'd.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 18:01:06 by LimeLemon »
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backloggery (click to show/hide)

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
Re: [Strategy] Spybot: The Nightfall Incident
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 20:37:00 »
NO WAY! I love this game! I remember playing it ages ago and then it just vanished C)p
Woot

Edit: NOOO! I dont have Macromedia Flash Player, And firefox seemingly cant install it :sad:
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 20:42:11 by AClockworkLemon »
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.
:hiddenstar: - From Pumpkinbot

Offline Firewall

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 22:42:59 »
Hmm.......There is one website that has the game. I will fetch it. Oh and I beat the boss  >)

Fetched: http://pandagames.biz/index.php?game=45-Spybotics
Continue your game if you must.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 22:45:25 by Firewall »
_  _   Stars Earned: :hiddenstar:
O O

Offline Shawnachu

• Contemplating
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 23:10:34 »
I love this game C)p Beat it when I was younger, but will probably play again when I have the chance.

And Lego took down all the good games on their site. Backlot, Brickz, Dreamz...  :( Now what's left is themed stuff that isn't really fun.

Offline Firewall

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 23:21:32 »
I love this game C)p Beat it when I was younger, but will probably play again when I have the chance.

And Lego took down all the good games on their site. Backlot, Brickz, Dreamz...  :( Now what's left is themed stuff that isn't really fun.
Backlot is still alive. Its just burried by the other junky stuff cramed into the site.
Your right about all about the themed stuff. Bionicle.......Before: good, Now: Eye burning badness
O O

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 00:13:58 »

And Lego took down all the good games on their site. Backlot, Brickz, Dreamz...  :( Now what's left is themed stuff that isn't really fun.
Junkbot is still there! And those games are GOOD.

NO WAY! I love this game! I remember playing it ages ago and then it just vanished C)p
Woot

Edit: NOOO! I dont have Macromedia Flash Player, And firefox seemingly cant install it :sad:

Using IE won't kill you.

Hmm.......There is one website that has the game. I will fetch it. Oh and I beat the boss  >)

Fetched: http://pandagames.biz/index.php?game=45-Spybotics
Continue your game if you must.

Uhh... I already provided a link?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 00:18:41 by LimeLemon »

Offline Firewall

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 00:52:11 »
Uhh... I already provided a link?
Sorry last time I vied Spybot NI, was when it was just info. Should I remove link?
O O

Offline TheoX

• Lost in retro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2010, 02:47:31 »
NOOO! I dont have Macromedia Flash Player, And firefox seemingly cant install it :sad:[/edit]

Do a manual install.  Firefox prompted me about that, so I did it, and then restarted firefox.  It works now.

Using IE won't kill you.
Auuuugh! *dies*
Miscellany:
My Website
My Chiptune Music
Currently: Having fun at college.

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2010, 06:26:11 »
YAY!It workz!
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.

Offline Sparks

• :v
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2010, 18:25:43 »
I loved and will always love this game.

Offline Firewall

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2010, 22:49:38 »
There was a way to hack your profile....but that patched that so good its untouchable.
Mabey Cheat engine 5.5?
O O

Offline kritter

• Curly Tree!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2010, 05:06:14 »
Woah, this game is cool! There went my free time. Thanks guys.  :P

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2010, 08:12:27 »
I'm kinda suprised so many remembers this, I thought this topic would be buried under all the others when I first created it...
I'm also glad that you have found this, kritter! And that you liked it... it is a very good game indeed, especially for being as old as it is. So when it was new... it blew my mind. I've already played through it, but will probably do a third run (maybe second, can't remember if I beat it as a kid) but without "cheating" (cough, bitman+ranged, cough, fiddler/wizzard+boost overuse, cough).

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2010, 09:01:28 »
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

Offline victor12

• AKA victory man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2010, 11:18:37 »
i found a way to cheat... i wont tell you :shifty:
*victorY12 wants his nickname on the forums changed.
*victorY12 is not dead, he's still hanging out on IRC.
Spoiler: this forum's visitors (click to show/hide)
NOTE:If you see it, a new flag will appear
Ask me anything.