Any long, passionate lectures you've written?

• 7 Replies

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
Any long, passionate lectures you've written?
« on: February 28, 2010, 09:11:44 »
You know what I mean. Someone says, "Hey, I can't figure out what's wrong. Help!" You then go into a very elaborate, well-thought out thesis on what to do in a KS level. I find these kind of inspiring, and I hope others do, too. Post 'em here. Also, having the original post would be nice, so its not taken out of context. Spoiler tags would be nice, too.
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
Re: Any long, passionate lectures you've written?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 13:57:01 »
The transition example you posted is too contrasting. Transitions should be seamless and smooth, so if you are foing from a really light area to a really dark one, you can't just put them in one screen like that. Its better to do it quickly, like dropping the player down a hole in the ground, so that the player won't notice any jarring differences between the areas.

Another way to do this is to put a short transition area between the dark and the light one. Something that is somewhat darker than the light area, but doesn't contrast too much.
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 21:19:59 »
The transition example you posted is too contrasting. Transitions should be seamless and smooth, so if you are foing from a really light area to a really dark one, you can't just put them in one screen like that. Its better to do it quickly, like dropping the player down a hole in the ground, so that the player won't notice any jarring differences between the areas.

Another way to do this is to put a short transition area between the dark and the light one. Something that is somewhat darker than the light area, but doesn't contrast too much.
You DARE make sense in my lair?! YOU MUST DIE.

But you have a point.
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 21:40:27 »
I'm sure I have, but I can't remember any at the moment. I wrote all about this on purpose, and believe me, It took a long time to get all the tags right. Like I would want to say, Do this: [sp[i][/i]oiler][/spoiler], but then I would have to write [sp[i[s][/s]][/i]oiler][/spoiler] to make it do that, but then to put that in this topic, I had to do a [sp[i[s[b][/b]][/s]][/i]oiler][/spoiler], etc. :P

I also put a lot of work into the story here.
Lurk more.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 22:51:50 »
Since this is a general topic, not specifically about Knytt Stories, I'm moving it to Creativity Support.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 18:09:06 »
Not exactly a lecture, but I put a lot of work into Common Bugs (not very much text compared to other things, but I remember that the pictures took some time to get the way I wanted and so...).
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backloggery (click to show/hide)

Offline Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010, 00:57:59 »
Yes I blabber on rule of thirds and how it is scientifically proven to make your horrible artwork more dynamic. :)

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2010, 05:49:15 »
Oh. I remember: here.
Spoiler: text (click to show/hide)
Lurk more.