help making custom object - security wall for enemies!

• 5 Replies
help making custom object - security wall for enemies!
« on: February 28, 2010, 04:39:31 »
Ahoy,
I have a puzzle in mind which requires security walls that can also stop enemies (those barriers that disappear when you press the orange or green floor-buttons) I just tested it out only to find that my security walls only stop me and not the enemies!  <_<
Can anyone tell me of either an existing item that acts the same as a security wall but also stops enemies or how to make a custom object security wall that also stops enemies passing through. :^^:

Re: help making custom object - security wall for enemies!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 05:03:21 »
Can anyone tell me of either an existing item that acts the same as a security wall but also stops enemies
It doesn't exist.

how to make a custom object security wall that also stops enemies passing through. :^^:
Buy MMF2 for a few hundred whatever-your-currency-is, download and open the KS source, and program one yourself.
Lurk more.

Offline Mochaalatte

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 05:04:12 »
Assuming you know how to make tilesets, and also assuming the enemies can't fly, make a 24X24 tile that is transparent except for one pixel in the lower left or right corner.  Put it on Layer 3, and Juni can simply hop over it.

I'm sure there is a better way, but I don't know what it is.:/
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
Bluh bluh. I have this thing now.

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 05:09:41 »
Assuming you know how to make tilesets, and also assuming the enemies can't fly, make a 24X24 tile that is transparent except for one pixel in the lower left or right corner.  Put it on Layer 3, and Juni can simply hop over it.
This only works for enemies on the ground that don't jump higher than 2 pixels. And no, there isn't a better way. Plus, as far as I can tell s/he wants the enemies to be able to pass through the wall when Juni de-activates it.
Lurk more.

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 05:20:46 »
how to make a custom object security wall that also stops enemies passing through. :^^:
Buy MMF2 for a few hundred whatever-your-currency-is, download and open the KS source, and program one yourself.
Blast.
I hoped it would be as simple as adding more code to the world.ini file, like with the animated custom objects. Those programs cost more than all my money :shocked:

as far as I can tell s/he wants the enemies to be able to pass through the wall when Juni de-activates it.

Yes, this^ although that trick with the single pixel for stopping walking enemies is interesting ;)
Also I am a he :P

I was thinking, it would be good to have an object that was just two vertical lines of pixels, right on either edge of the 24x24 square, this could then act as a prison for the enemies which are released when Juni presses the button making the lines disappear C)

Is there really no way to do this without the expensive programs? No notepad option for us poor people?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 05:23:20 by JingleJoe »

Offline Miss Paula

• I demand more of these.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 12:58:54 »
no.
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
:hs::hs::hs::hs::fish::hs::hs::hs::hs:
:hs: