Adding an edited tileset - Dr cliche's missing corners

• 4 Replies
Adding an edited tileset - Dr cliche's missing corners
« on: February 27, 2010, 03:19:53 »
Ahoy, I was making a level using (not quite) Dr Cliche's underwater lab, its probably overused I know, but I like it too much X)

Anyway, there is, or rather was a problem with it:
No bottom corners for the pipes.
This was driving me crazy so I edited it, got rid of some of the blue grass/plants at the bottom and put in the bottom corners for the green and brown pipes, I also made a green tile from one of those light-edged pink ones.

here it is on photobucket

... But how do I use it?
I'll probably figure it out by the time someone answers this thread but if anyone knows how to add customized tilesets please tell us :)

Also ... is this okay? I see alot of concentration on the legality of using other peoples stuff, so is this alright? I'll understand if its not but I hope you understand that mad scientists need all four corners in thier series of tubes X-P

Re: Adding an edited tileset - Dr cliche's missing corners
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 04:18:15 »
[faq], [search], anyone use these anymore?
Lurk more.

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 07:03:26 »
[faq], [search], anyone use these anymore?
Yes acctually.
I did a search but that got me nowhere, I did not see the FAQ but I have figured it out now C) my level is coming along well! I came up with some interesting puzzles 8D

Offline theiza27

• 'allo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 20:10:38 »
hey JingleJoe do you think you could reiterate how u did that :)

i thought u were just supposed to save the tileset into the Tilesets sub folder in the Data folder... but it still wouldnt show in my Level Editor... i thought maybe it was in the wrong format or the wrong size... but it is exactly the same as all the other tilesets in the folder... what am i doing wrong?

nvm <3 FAQ
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 20:23:09 by theiza27 »

Offline pumpkin

• Breton Blunt Conjurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 05:31:51 »
Save it in your level's folder in a sub-folder named "tilesets" and save it with a name "Tileset(whatever number you want it to be in the editor).(whatever type of file it is)" or just go in the editor, open up Knytt Stories Manager, then "World" then when your in that, go to "edit custom content" or something like that. Hope it helps.
EDIT: Also make sure that everything you want to be transparent is transparent, using either GIMP or Photoshop, or whatever image editing software you use, fill anything you want to be transparent with whatever color the program considers to be transparent, but in the case of GIMP you can just "select by color" any area that you want gone, then just delete it.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 05:35:25 by pumpkin »
Many a hand has scaled the grand old face of the plateau,
Some belong to strangers and some to folks you know,
Holy ghosts and talk show hosts are planted in the sand,
To beautify the foothills and shake the many hands.
-The Meat Puppets