Speedrun?

• 8 Replies

Offline victor12

• AKA victory man.
    • View Profile
Speedrun?
« on: July 13, 2009, 13:17:45 »
Hi,
I have a question. I want to unlock speedrun, but there aren't the speedrun button!
[mod]removed text that hurted my eyes. See the Official Forum Rules about using alternate formatting.[/mod]
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 22:08:50 by LPChip »
*victorY12 wants his nickname on the forums changed.
*victorY12 is not dead, he's still hanging out on IRC.
Spoiler: this forum's visitors (click to show/hide)
NOTE:If you see it, a new flag will appear
Ask me anything.

Re: Speedrun?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 13:24:57 »
I think it got taken out.

Seriously, if we want to help we will and we will read your post. There's no need for excessive emphasis.
And yes, I believe the online speedrun thing was taken out in later versions due to the server no longer supporting it.
I could be wrong though.

[mod]removed extensive formatting. The text says the same this way, and everyone will read it regarding the formatting anyway.[/mod]
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 22:09:44 by LPChip »

Offline Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 13:50:43 »
whats speedrun?

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
    • I have a LiveJournal. Yes. I do.
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 17:02:04 »
good bye

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 22:08:09 »
I totally not see the point for big coloured texts. It hurts my eyes, so please stop doing that.
Quote from: The Official forum rules.
  • Do not use formatting BCC tags that aren't necessary in a post. When you apply formatting tags, like color, bold, size, etc... be sure that it adds value to the text you're applying it to. That means, if you removed the formatting, the goal wouldn't be met anymore. Do note: adding color, and fontsize changes, and bold usually is overkill. Clarification doesn't need alot of tags, people will read it anyways.
There used to be a speedrun feature in earlier versions of the game. When Nifflas switched hosting some years ago, he disabled the speedrun feature because he was no longer able to maintain the feature.

The feature therefor is non-existant. Getting an old version (if even available somewhere) will still get you to a point that the function doesn't work.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 22:15:34 by LPChip »
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 16:52:03 »
Yeah, I was wondering about the speedrun myself.
I can beat the game in under 35 minutes now.
Saw a google video of the Niffster doing it in 20 though.

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2009, 17:19:22 »
When Nifflas switched hosting some years ago
Some years ago... Man, time is rushing. I still remember that as if it had been one of these days. :/

Offline special_d

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, 10:25:09 »
Now, I could do a speedrun if only I could record it with something. It's not the easiest game to speedrun. It's long and therefore requires concentration to avoid screwing up at the end.

Offline qualla

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2012, 19:42:27 »
I was wondering if the old speedrun-times are saved somewhere? I was Place 1 for quite some time (about 13 minutes, if i remember right). Was even a little angry when Nifflas had to move Servers.
I invested quite some time in this beautiful game those days. :)