• 36 Replies

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
Re: Idea: How about a Round Robin?
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2010, 23:34:02 »
the Jack, any progress?

Offline grimwit

• I'm imagining a non-hypethetical world.
    • View Profile
    • Natch Evil Comic
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2010, 23:29:59 »
*pokes head in*

Um...Can I get in on this action?  I'm getting better with custom tiles. :^^:
Forever working on a Level called Sarah.

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
    • www.matthewepperson.wordpress.com
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2010, 14:53:14 »
Ok, I guess I'm in too, but is this happening?  This thread has been dead for almost a month.  How about we start imposing deadlines, just to keep the thing rolling?  Two weeks should be more than enough for 5 screens.  And if you could please post a teaser pic when you've finished your area, just so we know things have forward momentum. 

And one last thing, where can I get the tileset?  It doesn't seem to be in the public tileset collection.

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2010, 16:07:00 »
Well, as far as I am concerned, anyone can join. However, before anyone can continue we'd need to get our hands on the part that the Jack has already been working on!

BTW, I think that, if this should turn into an active project again soon, I'd like to bow out (or take a later place in the queue, anyway), as my life is incredibly busy at the moment and I can't even find the time to work on my main projects, so I have to cull the list a bit. I'd rather focus what energy I may have on Falling Water while this busy phase of my life continues.

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2010, 19:38:46 »
Count me in.

And anyone interested in this may also want to take a look at Great Art.

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2010, 14:11:12 »
Hopefully it wasn't a breech of etiquette, but I just e-mailed the Jack, so maybe we can get this ball rolling. 

Any thoughts on the 2 week deadline for each entry?  I thought it made since...

Offline bulbapuck

• One day hoping to become Venopuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2010, 10:10:19 »
Hopefully it wasn't a breech of etiquette, but I just e-mailed the Jack, so maybe we can get this ball rolling. 

Any thoughts on the 2 week deadline for each entry?  I thought it made since...
It makes perfect sence, and it's a good idea.
Hopefully the Jack will come back soon. But if he doesn't, maybe the next person in line can start?
Emma fell down a well - Enviromental KS level inspired by Salmoneous/Elder
Level in the works: Whitebow Island

Offline Feline Monstrosity

• Pussy cat, pussy cat..
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2010, 16:38:59 »
Can I take part please? (I've only ever released one level but I have countless unfinished ones!)
"In the world there is nothing more submissive and weak than water. Yet for attacking that which is hard and strong nothing can surpass it. "  ~Lao Tzu

Offline grimwit

• I'm imagining a non-hypethetical world.
    • View Profile
    • Natch Evil Comic
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2010, 05:40:01 »
Igh.

I have to pull out of this one.  suddenly, my time, she is taken over by my comic.  No time to make levels for a while.
Forever working on a Level called Sarah.

Offline bulbapuck

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2010, 16:40:53 »
Can I take part please? (I've only ever released one level but I have countless unfinished ones!)
Of course you can :D the more, the merrier.

I believe someone needs to take charge over this if it's ever to get going.

I have 2-3 extremely stressful weeks coming up, but if no one else volunteers in that time I'll do it.

Also, I'm pretty sure The Jack isn't coming back.. It's been several weeks now. There's nothing to do but to start without him.

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2010, 19:09:51 »
I'm bumping this.

I would like to see something happen with this.  It just sounds like a good collaboration.  This might be obvious, but I'd also suggest someone start a plot in this thing, and each successive entry has to build on it.  :)  However, if we do that, we might want to have suggestions for a starting plot point so the first person doesn't have to come up with it all by themselves.  Just a thought.

So Bulba, your want to get this thing rolling?  I'd gladly take 2nd, or even 1st if I get some plot suggestions.

Offline bulbapuck

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2010, 01:58:37 »
I'm bumping this.

I would like to see something happen with this.  It just sounds like a good collaboration.  This might be obvious, but I'd also suggest someone start a plot in this thing, and each successive entry has to build on it.  :)  However, if we do that, we might want to have suggestions for a starting plot point so the first person doesn't have to come up with it all by themselves.  Just a thought.

So Bulba, your want to get this thing rolling?  I'd gladly take 2nd, or even 1st if I get some plot suggestions.

I do want to get it rolling C)p. I can't do anything until 2 weeks from now, but then my summer vacation starts and I will have lots of time. Therefore it may be better if you take 1st, and I take 2nd.

I don't have any plot suggestions though. Not for now at least.

Offline Vegetal Gibber

• Sorry excuse for a game designer
    • View Profile
    • VG's Games Portfolio
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2010, 15:13:51 »
This seems like a neat idea... I've experimenting with the tileset and made a few screens and a custom snow blizzard animation. If any of you is still interested on this, I could upload what I made and, if you like it, you may continue from there.

I haven't thought of an idea for the plot yet, but it could be about Juni living on a cottage on the tundra and having to go out in the middle of a snow storm to find something.

Of course, if any of you has already started on this, then feel free to ignore me X)
Some KS levels by me:

Offline bulbapuck

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2010, 19:21:10 »
Excellent C)p

I'm thinking about starting a new thread for this when it actually starts, but it's great to have a starting point!

If you want to you could PM me what you've got (or post it here if you want to) and I'll go 2nd and will start a thread with some rules.

This is happening peeps 8)