Join the League of Crap Players! ;-)

• 34 Replies

Offline the Jack

• not *that* Jack!
    • View Profile
Re: Join the League of Crap Players! ;-)
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2010, 01:35:46 »
@Headgrinder: Welcome! The hints you've been dropping about your level-in-progress have certainly piqued my interest -- feel free to ask if there's anything you need a hand with.

"Going Left" shouldn't be in the list in the first post IMO. It's definitely Lunatic.

@GrayFace: The levels Hmpf quoted my list of in the first post are all good, popular, interesting levels that I wasn't able to play due to their being beyond my platforming ability and/or reflexes. If "Going Left" is indeed Lunatic, that doesn't really matter for LoCP purposes, as we're generally no more able to play a Very Hard or even Hard level than we are a Lunatic one... and even some Normal levels lead us to ragequit after racking up a couple dozen deaths in just a few minutes.

@PYP: Thanks for the recs, and especially for the links! I've played about half of those, but that still leaves several new levels for me to check out. Yay!

@Bulbapuck: Welcome to you too! DEtM is a great level, one of my favourites, and one of the first levels I played... but it does have two different fairly hard jumps in it, hard enough that it was only the high degree of enjoyment I'd been getting from the rest of the level that kept me trying for the 10-20 minutes (seriously) it took me to get past each one. And since there isn't another way around those two jumps, unfortunately "Don't Eat the Mushroom" can't get the official LoCP seal of approval. Happily, though, ProtonJonSA over at YouTube did an excellent three-part (to showcase all the endings) Let's-Play video series for DEtM, so even the crappest players can enjoy the full experience. I actually made a friend of mine download KS just so she could play DEtM, but for both my fiancee and my personal assistant, who have no platforming skills at all, watching the LP had to suffice.

@Aptequar: Welcome to you as well... Hopefully this means that your intriguiing-looking levels from the Level Previews forum will be LoCP-safe?

edit: Pumpkin ninja'd me! How could you forget Don't Eat the Mushroom? It has to be one of the single most brilliant KS levels yet made. I  <3 it like crazy (even though one of those two jumps still makes me crazy).
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 01:40:14 by the Jack »

Actually, it's eggplant.

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2010, 02:15:46 »
@PYP: Thanks for the recs, and especially for the links! I've played about half of those, but that still leaves several new levels for me to check out. Yay!
Thanks! :D If you like levels like those, you might want to check out the levels I've made; Darkness is Easy and Outer Reaches is Environmental.

...that and they've seen even less action than I have... >.>;

Offline bulbapuck

• One day hoping to become Venopuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2010, 12:41:52 »
@Bulbapuck: Welcome to you too! DEtM is a great level, one of my favourites, and one of the first levels I played... but it does have two different fairly hard jumps in it, hard enough that it was only the high degree of enjoyment I'd been getting from the rest of the level that kept me trying for the 10-20 minutes (seriously) it took me to get past each one. And since there isn't another way around those two jumps, unfortunately "Don't Eat the Mushroom" can't get the official LoCP seal of approval. Happily, though, ProtonJonSA over at YouTube did an excellent three-part (to showcase all the endings) Let's-Play video series for DEtM, so even the crappest players can enjoy the full experience. I actually made a friend of mine download KS just so she could play DEtM, but for both my fiancee and my personal assistant, who have no platforming skills at all, watching the LP had to suffice.
The level is worth those 10-20 minutes :P2 Besides, people should at least play the beginning themselves to get the full experience.
But as I'm a fan of ProtonJonSA myself I do recommend those videos if you don't get through the level.
Emma fell down a well - Enviromental KS level inspired by Salmoneous/Elder
Level in the works: Whitebow Island

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2010, 14:24:04 »
Don't forget another most famous environmental level - Gaia!

I definitely agree with PYP that the focus in KS should be on atmosphere, and that there is a tendency to make harder levels. Nifflas made an interesting point on that in his lecture - I much subscribe to the same view.
Where can I find the lecture?

I agree to that too. I love explorational levels like the original ones by Nifflas, with moderate difficulty.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 14:27:25 by GrayFace »

Offline Aptequar

• Energy is Eternal Delight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2010, 15:54:05 »
Nifflas' lecture.

@the Jack: I'll try my best. Difficulty is very subjective. Although I'll be flexible - if people say it's too hard I'll modify it, definitely. Making it open to as many players as possible is very important.
Troi'r wythnos yn flwyddyn, troi'r flwyddyn yn dair.
love, light and hope The People We Never Met
and it's equilibrium The Elevator Beneath The Valve

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2010, 07:03:48 »
Thanks! :D If you like levels like those, you might want to check out the levels I've made; Darkness is Easy and Outer Reaches is Environmental.

...that and they've seen even less action than I have... >.>;

Well, i'm working on Outer reaches for Knytt Environment, hopefully that will raise awareness =)[/plug]
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.
:hiddenstar: - From Pumpkinbot

Offline Yukabacera

• Tasen Soldier (LL868:ALDK)
    • View Profile
    • The Yukabacera Files
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2010, 13:32:49 »
By this DECREE (from now on known as DOCUMENT), the signer, YUKABACERA (from now on known as SIGNER), is to join the LEAGUE OF CRAP PLAYERS (from now on known as GROUP). If the SIGNER is from any reason expelled or rejected for membership inside the GROUP, this DOCUMENT is to be shown to the HMPF (from now on known as HEAD OF GROUP) so the SIGNER's membership can be renewed.

Signed, =|=

tl;dr : I joined.

=|=
:hiddenstar: My only one.

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2010, 10:38:56 »
Can i be a , too?

Wait a sec, guess i can.
Spoiler: Yay imma member! (click to show/hide)
Moddin my sig right away!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 08:08:29 by StraightFlame »

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2010, 20:52:35 »
Update on the codes for the LoCP banners!

Hope you like them. Especially the third  X-P fourth one.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 10:09:38 by StraightFlame »

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2010, 18:34:06 »
Anyways, i don't wanna be a member anymore. Bye!  :sad:

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2010, 00:09:52 »
...wow, you went from wanting to be a member to compiling banners to leaving, all within 3 days? That's something right there.

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
    • www.matthewepperson.wordpress.com

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2010, 09:57:04 »
The "lite" version shown in straightflame's post was a remix of the original that the Jack asked me to make. If anyone else wants different colours, PM me
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.
:hiddenstar: - From Pumpkinbot

Offline Yukabacera

• Tasen Soldier (LL868:ALDK)
    • View Profile
    • The Yukabacera Files
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2010, 10:34:23 »
@Pick Yer Poison: He's running out of userbar space. I can tell it. I mean, look at my ridiculous signature.

=|=
:hiddenstar: My only one.

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2010, 13:57:02 »
I just played dessgeega - Fossil. It's a very creative level that perfectly fits LoCP.