*Smart people* Can someone translate this for me? :)

• 3 Replies

Offline Evil

• View Profile
*Smart people* Can someone translate this for me? :)
« on: February 20, 2010, 08:37:24 »
Its in english but I dont know what this guy is saying, and I dont know who wrote it, but I really would like to know what he's saying.

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 08:40:59 by Evil »

Re: Can someone translate this for me? :)
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 08:57:07 »
Wow.. I'll have a go at it.

There were parties that night, but I decided to spend it alone, drinking and doing drugs on a forest-like cliff by the sea, getting as much quiet time as I could and determined to spend the last day un-drunk. I woke, covered in vomit and pain as the sun came up, and I went to the beach, enjoying the cool salt breeze on my dry, wrinked face. As I thrust my face into the water, I heard a tin-like cry of joy, and turned in silent non-belief. A child raced down the beach, followed closely by her mother. As people had become such that they hated those who had kids on purpose, births had become rare. I feel many emotions: raw fury at obvious selfishness, an hurtful happiness, a thousand other head and heartaches. In the last decade, when it was clear that nothing could divert the comet’s path, the final gasps of propaganda’s engine (metaphors, I believe) had bought the message: Don’t Make It Worse. I rose, fists ready to fight (or balled from stress), but my shout of disagreement with something I was unable to say. The earth trembled, a passing shock wave under foot. The earthquake was hours ago, in Asia. ; The quake traveled all the way around the world to here. The girl was pulled into her mother’s arms. They looked peacefully at me, with green eyes. For a moment, I came close to having an epiphany, or sudden thought. Guilt washed in behind the tide of anger. Metaphor connecting the feelings of guilt and anger Then it was gone, and I was empty [of feelings] at last. “I love you,” whispered the mother, holding the child close. I sighed, and the air grew dim and thick with the onrush of steam. My vision clouded, and I turned to the sea, one final time.

Well, that's the best I can do.
Lurk more.

Offline Evil

• View Profile
Re: *Smart people* Can someone translate this for me? :)
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 09:03:53 »
oh so the guy is sad because he doesnt have any babies?

Offline Miss Paula

• I demand more of these.
    • View Profile
Re: *Smart people* Can someone translate this for me? :)
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 14:19:00 »
If you can't understand what it's about, maybe you should just turn your attention to literature that's more suited to your intellect. Because what's the fun in reading stuff that you have to ask other people to understand it for. and really, I don't think this is a topic suited for this forum. 9_9
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
:hs::hs::hs::hs::fish::hs::hs::hs::hs:
:hs: