• 15 Replies

Offline PizzaBoy

• View Profile
Ok, what the heck.
« on: February 20, 2010, 08:19:30 »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYFqIFNDLxo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPHRza3FG8Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD8wulIf0WA

All three videos were flagged as containing music copyrighted by Sony. I filed a dispute for all three, and now all three say "All content owners have reviewed your video and confirmed their claims to some or all of its content".

I dunno.

Re: Ok, what the heck.
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 08:58:39 »
So sue them
So perform non-violent civil disobedience on their claim
Darn. I can't easily see a way out of that dilemma.
Lurk more.

Offline PizzaBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 09:52:03 »
I guess I can live with it as long as they don't mute my videos.

I'd still like to know why though.

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 10:02:16 »
Is there anything I can do then to help out? Apparantly I must send them a physical letter to fix this.

I can hear sound, is it just parts that are muted? Also, could it be the ship radio that's causing problems? Perhaps Sony owns any rights to Speak's music on the ship radio, but I kind of doubt that.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 10:15:31 by Nifflas »

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
    • I have a LiveJournal. Yes. I do.
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2010, 18:57:45 »
Maybe Sony pays people to watch YouTube videos all day, and if they contain any music, to flag them as containing copyrighted content belonging to Sony.

think how much this would explain
good bye

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2010, 20:41:17 »
Maybe Sony pays people to watch YouTube videos all day, and if they contain any music, to flag them as containing copyrighted content belonging to Sony.

think how much this would explain
Sadly, this actually makes sense.
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline PizzaBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2010, 20:50:33 »
Is there anything I can do then to help out? Apparantly I must send them a physical letter to fix this.

I can hear sound, is it just parts that are muted? Also, could it be the ship radio that's causing problems? Perhaps Sony owns any rights to Speak's music on the ship radio, but I kind of doubt that.

I have not watched the entirety if the videos, but I don't believe any sections have been muted.

On a note, on occasions while recording, a family member elsewhere in the house is listening to a radio. I made sure when recording that it was not picked up, and I have listened to the videos at max volume during quiet sections and could not hear the music. I doubt something that quiet could trigger anything like that.

Edit- No one else was home when recording part 16.

Here is exactly what the notice currently says:

You have disputed a copyright claim on your video, Let's Play Saira (part 16) - But Mostly Error .

To see the details of the dispute you filed, click here.

All content owners have reviewed your video and confirmed their claims to some or all of its content:

* Content owner: Sony Music Entertainment Type: Audio content

What should I do?

No action is required on your part. Your video is still available worldwide.
What can I do about my video's status?

Please note that the video's status can change, if the policies chosen by the content owners change. You may want to check back periodically to see if you have new options available to you.

Please take a few minutes to visit our Help Center section on Policy and Copyright Guidelines, where you can learn more about copyright law and our Content Identification Service.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 20:56:39 by PizzaBoy »

Offline J

• Information leaking
  • I have a chicken on my head.
    • View Profile
    • Greywool
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2010, 16:56:15 »
Maybe you could enquire further, ask Sony to point out which song/s on the videos they own. :P
"flipping around like an idiot" -- Paula

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2010, 05:52:38 »
Yo, Sony, I'm disappointed in you and all, but, I gotta say, Disney Channel is the greatest fail of all time. Of all time.

But Sony's a close second. See, this is why I hate YouTube. BUT you can put this in your comments to make Sony unable to screw with your video.
Quote from: ftw
Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use
An excerpt from the Copyright Act of 1976. Suck on that, YouTube!
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2010, 10:37:17 »
Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use
Nice work! :]
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.
:hiddenstar: - From Pumpkinbot

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2010, 03:38:41 »
Yo, Sony, I'm disappointed in you and all, but, I gotta say, Disney Channel is the greatest fail of all time. Of all time.

But Sony's a close second. See, this is why I hate YouTube. BUT you can put this in your comments to make Sony unable to screw with your video.
Oh, so naive! You actually think Youtube cares about fair use.  C)

I take it you have never heard of That Guy With the Glasses?

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2010, 08:09:44 »
I got both my rickroll vids viewable in all countries by ranting about fair use...
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backloggery (click to show/hide)

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2010, 19:34:38 »
There is a group of dipwits on Youtube right now who is trying to drive off Ranters and Let's Players by making false copyright claims. The best thing to do is contest it. The trolls don't have the guts or faked credentials for their claims to hold water by that point.

Quoting the Free Use Clause is never effective. Unless you're a Youtube Partner and make money with your channel, Google doesn't really give a damn about you.

Offline PizzaBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2010, 04:44:38 »
The videos are now blocked in Germany.

All content owners have reviewed your video and confirmed their claims to some or all of its content:

* Content owner: Sony Music Entertainment Type: Audio content

As a result, your video is blocked in these locations:
Germany

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2010, 23:55:52 »
Hey, I have an idea for a little experiment.
Remove the videos from your channel, and then re-upload the same videos, while claiming that you have removed the copyrighted content in the comments section.

If they aren't taken down again, then you have proof that Sony are just being dicks. C)
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D