[Puzzle/Easy] Satellites (Compo entry)

• 5 Replies

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
[Puzzle/Easy] Satellites (Compo entry)
« on: February 18, 2010, 17:59:45 »
A very simple puzzle level for minmay's competition (http://nifflas.lpchip.nl/index.php?topic=1992.0):

http://www.jashiin.com/miscellany/Yohji%20-%20Satellites.knytt.bin

UPD: Fixed a small bug. It wasn't breaking the game, luckily, just the logic :sad:
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 20:16:24 by yohji »

Offline the Jack

• not *that* Jack!
    • View Profile
Re: [Puzzle/Easy] Satellites (Compo entry)
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 07:04:38 »
Just beat it, much to my surprise -- the logic level creators use for designing puzzles often seems to completely elude me, to the point where the only reason I know the level isn't just unplayably broken is that multiple people have praised it.

Very, very clever use of ...just take all the level-editor stuff I'd spoiler-tag here as read, hm?

You made an impressively thematic level, too, considering the single-room constraint. The gameplay "fit" with the title & graphics quite nicely. If you hadn't mentioned & linked to the contest thread, in fact, I would've taken it for 'just' another 'concept' level.

I liked the way you managed to make what almost felt like another game entirely that just shared gfx with KS, also. Unexpected in the best way.

(Plus, if no one else entered one, you win!)

Actually, it's eggplant.

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 08:08:36 »
Nice. I'm not quite sure whether it was more of a puzzle or a maze or a trickjump or what, but it was still cool. I found a wallswim: one of the shifts puts you at the top of the screen. If you jump while shifting, you go off the top, and come back in the bottom. You could take the warp off the top and bottom, and only have it on the left and right, but that would mean the bug breaks the level. Whatever. Good job. :)
Lurk more.

Offline theiza27

• 'allo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 08:10:35 »
wonderful. u never disappoint me yohji... except that one time... with the cats lolz  X-P i keed

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 11:24:46 »
Thank you everyone :) I'm happy you enjoyed it.

@Purple Pineapple: gah, didn't catch that one. Can't think of a decent way to get rid of it without completely overhauling the level, so it'll have to stay and hopefully go unnoticed by most people :D

@the Jack: I'm not winning by default since Purple Pineapple entered a level, "Grey", you should check it out :)

@theiza27: Eh, I'm still trying to make a sequel to that level  :crazy: A secret facility with the cats and everything. But it kind of isn't working out at the moment  <_<

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2010, 20:16:30 »
The level had a bit of a difficulty problem in my opinion; before I realized how to make it work, it seemed impossible, but once I figured that out, it was just trial and error; the only real puzzle involved randomly hitting a button once in the right place.