The new game needs a level archive

• 22 Replies

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
Re: The new game needs a level archive
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2010, 13:19:09 »
That's really awesome! The look is really nice too apart from the need of a new header, and all the horizontal lines between fields. It should be very easy to remove the horizontal lines, and it's super easy to do a new picture!

I'm looking for a database to host on ni2.se by the way, so is it ok if we move it there when its ready?

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2010, 15:13:34 »
Moving is to ni2.se would be optimal, as I am pretty sure that my host doesn't want to keep this site.

And I will get to work on those dang horizontal lines. (it makes my eyes hurt a bit)

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2010, 04:03:10 »
Awesome! Just let me know when it's ready to be moved over! I'll try to do a nice header image as soon as I have some time!

Offline minmay

• View Profile
    • Cow Muffins
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2010, 03:20:18 »
Just jumping in to say that, if you need a mirror for the level archive at any time (much like you did with the forums for Saira's release) that I could serve that purpose.  I have unlimited bandwidth which I believe is actually unlimited!  Do note that I can't maintain the archive itself, having very little knowledge of PHP, and I may not even be able to play the game itself depending on my luck with WINE.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2010, 11:29:56 »
Just jumping in to say that, if you need a mirror for the level archive at any time (much like you did with the forums for Saira's release) that I could serve that purpose.  I have unlimited bandwidth which I believe is actually unlimited!  Do note that I can't maintain the archive itself, having very little knowledge of PHP, and I may not even be able to play the game itself depending on my luck with WINE.

My bandwidth on my .com server is also unlimited, just like Nifflas' .ni2 server. The problem is, that once you get a certain amount of traffic, the site is pulled down by excessive CPU usage. Have you stretched your account before to ensure that you don't have limits?
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline minmay

• View Profile
    • Cow Muffins
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2010, 16:17:47 »
Ah, yes, CPU usage could be a problem.  Forgot about that.  I haven't tried stress-testing it, no.

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2010, 13:25:28 »
I'm going to have the CPU usage problem too, but I don't yet know to what degree. I'm also thinking about alternative solutions for the time being; perhaps my eee box would work nicely if I can be my own web host? I'll need a faster connection to the internet, but if I can solve that...

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2010, 19:07:03 »
CPU usage should be minimal, as all of the uploaded files are directly stored on the server, and not sent through a database. All of the other joomla based things are rather low resource users.