[Challenge][???]Knytt Lab #076

• 2 Replies

Offline TheYeIIowDucK

• The number you have dialed is no longer in service
    • View Profile
[Challenge][???]Knytt Lab #076
« on: June 29, 2011, 06:40:21 »
So here's the story: Usually, I'm against level previews. They tend to work the same way as game trailers, for the bad and for the good. But this time, I am going for over a month, which means I won't be able to work further on this level for a while. That also means that I can't reply to whatever you write to me in this thread. I am going in less then three hours.
ANYWAY
Knytt Level #076 started out as a small experiment to see how do some Knytt Stories concepts I had in mind work. I've made a custom, VERY basic tileset and started playing around with the mechanics. This turned out to be a very fun level to play and create. I decided to start over with a fresh level and a fresh storyline inspired by the first level in Half Life 1.
The result is Knytt Lab #076.
It is nowhere near done yet, but that's, for once, not because of my laziness. Knytt Lab #076 is intended to be a meta-level with at least a full hour of gameplay. It'll be the home of many tiny levels I've made and never published (including the original Knytt Lab #076 I've described in the previous paragraph).

Well, off to the screenshots and download:

Obviously, since this level is composed of both pre-made old levels of mine and newly made screens created just for Knytt Level #076, the quality of the environments may vary throughout the level.
I have no idea how big this level will be. I plan to have at least 6 "courses", with a 7th one as an ending to the level. Right now I've only finished most of the lab and about 80% of the first course, and it's already big enough to be considered as at least "medium". Wish me luck!

[mod]Download link removed, since Level Previews can't have that. Only concept/screenshots belong here; playable levels can be shown only in the Level Release category.[/mod]

Please note: I will bump this thread up in a month or so. Please don't ban me or something for that, considering the circumstances.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 08:30:13 by SiamJai »

Zydragazum

Re: [Challenge][???]Knytt Lab #076
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 19:58:58 »
I thoroughly enjoyed this, good work. The laboratory theme was well-constructed and drawn - for once, I enjoyed it, unlike those found in many other levels. I found this quite large for a preview, so thank you for your generosity. Keep going at your current pace.

Not sure how receptive people will be to the download link, though.

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
Re: [Challenge][???]Knytt Lab #076
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 14:02:48 »
Extremely nice, but I do hope the mods will move the topic, as links are, AFAIR, not allowed in here. I enjoyed the lab concept quite a bit, but the challenges are... well, challenging! Haven't made it too far yet. Anyway, I hope more people will respond, this is a very nicely made level.