My First level: The Desert Story

• 16 Replies

Offline minmay

• View Profile
    • Cow Muffins
Re: My First level: The Desert Story
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2010, 00:18:44 »
I frankly do not understand why people who apparently want to have new levels to play would rather chase away newcomers with the internet equivalent of pitchforks and torches, when those newcomers could wind up making levels for them to play if they were greeted instead with encouragement and tips for improvement.

Gushing about what someone did right may be slightly better for their self-esteem than telling them what they did wrong, but I speak from personal experience when I say it's not nearly as useful.  Doing both is best, but I am honestly unable to find anything that was done right in this level.  That's not an exaggeration, let alone trolling; it's my honest opinion.  As you've probably guessed, I have higher standards than most when it comes to levels in video games, but I don't think my standards cross over to unreasonable, either.

Offline Zorf

• Exactly...
    • View Profile
Re: My First level: The Desert Story
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2010, 23:22:43 »
Sorry for the final room being nearly impossible. I wanted to make the last area a challenge for those people who had made it there. A long time in my terms means several months. Thats because of inconsistent homework schedules and such. The last parts of the level were literally put. I put all the monsters in the level because A. I'm not that good at platforming B. I'm not skilled enough at the editor to really make puzzles. C. Because of the a,b I needed to make the level a challenge without having the platforming or puzzling.
Yes, I know I its kind of an awkward way of putting it, but I will try to improve on the level design in the future.
Though I don't particularly like the -8 points for the final area.  :moody:
You want a Knytt Story?!? I'LL GIVE YOU A F***ING KNYTT STORY!