Animations

• 2 Replies

Offline Grookie

• View Profile
Animations
« on: February 13, 2010, 11:57:02 »
Does anybody know, how can I create animations for KS, may be killing? :shifty:
Do I need a special program or it can be created in set of Windows programs (for example Painting (a serie of different images), Windows Movie Maker, etc.)

I played Saira, so there was animations in picture´s sequention.

And how I can create KILLING animations? I saw, that some of members of this forum have very nice animations. :)

Can anybody help me, please? :ohnoes:
:turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle:
Spoiler: Archievements (click to show/hide)

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: Animations
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 12:15:24 »
In a simple way, not really.

The most simple approach would be a stationary animation (one that doesn't move but only animates) and put a death tile on it.

If you want an animation that actually can kill, you'll need to modify the Knytt Stories source. This will require you to own a $300 program called Multi Media Fusion 2 Developer (please correct me if the $99 version can also do this).

Then you'll need to learn how to use it to alter the game to support this. Then you'll have to release the game including the level to make it work.

The problem is, that if you go through this much trouble, you can also create a completely new game, or possibly create a new critter that kills instead of support for the object itself. This actually gives you more freedom.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Firecat

• Every bit is important.
    • View Profile
Re: Animations
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 17:43:04 »
KSACO can support killing animations. But mind you that it will be a rectangular mask and not a pixel perfect killer.
There's 110011 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, Those who don't, and those who confuse it with ASCII.