Question to Nifflas
« on: March 16, 2009, 16:55:51 »
Dear, creator of Knytt.
Can you answer my question.
It's about Within a Deep Forest.
The Question is:
Is WaDF your favourite game?

If you asked a question "why?", I'll answer:
Spoiler: Contains spoilers (click to show/hide)
Second is Logos of your web-sites. Most of their Logos is a funny purple ball.

Third is smiles... Well, I think you understand. There's no object from other games!

That's all! Bye!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 11:22:25 by LPChip »
LeNDex - Letters (www.knyttlevels.com)
Things, that we know, we know, that we know, that things that we know...
Please, can you write easily?.. English is not my official language... Sometimes it's hard to understand...
[achvmnt]VkVSMDECAvAAJwCCAvkIthdbgMHAwIC6AEgAJ/ED7QE[/achvmnt]

Offline J

• Information leaking
  • I have a chicken on my head.
    • View Profile
    • Greywool
Re: Question to Nifflas
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 18:07:16 »
I cannot answer fully for Nifflas, but I can at least say that the smileys and logos on Niff-related pages haven't fully been Nifflas' personal choice. Some of them age back to when WadF was quite new, but time has gone on and things have changed since then.

Specifically the smilies, their look was pretty much decided on non-Niff quarters, mostly because it'd be the most recognisable colour/shape from Niffgames, not to mention the most suitable for smilies. :)
As not only WaDF has had purple balls, his two 'break-through' games (#modarchive story and #mas2:Operator Status) mainly featured Purple Ball as the protagonist.

Basically, just the first question is related to something with Niff's own decision on them. I'm sure he'll answer on that as soon as he can. :)
"flipping around like an idiot" -- Paula

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 21:37:32 »
But more specifically on your question, I think I remember Nifflas once saying that Knytt was the game in which he put the most of his creativity. Not sure whether or not he said it was his favourite game, but that's what I think it sounded like... :P

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 02:22:21 »
Oh man! Put stuff like secret endings in spoilers! You ruined it for me! >(

Check out my tilesets!

Offline Bored2death

• My attempt at a Nurykabe Tiled room XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 05:51:06 »
Some people don't have any respect for what needs to go in a spoiler, unfortunately. Some people put to much in spoilers... I've seen some weird spoilers, including one that was just a bunch of laughing faces... it's to bad not to many people care about them...
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 07:11:53 »
Some people put to much in spoilers... I've seen some weird spoilers, including one that was just a bunch of laughing faces...
I think that was probably because it's considered spaming to post a long line of smilies. I don't ever have a problem with people putting things in spoilers. You can never be too careful, and it saves loading time. I guess the point is, for Pete's sake, use spoiler tags!

Check out my tilesets!

Offline Miss Paula

• I demand more of these.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 12:19:45 »
Everything within spoiler tags is still loaded, so it doesn't save time at all. 9_9 Just space.
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
:hs::hs::hs::hs::fish::hs::hs::hs::hs:
:hs:

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 16:19:21 »
Oh, I figured that the reason people put images in spoilers was because of loading.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 18:34:37 by PONTO »

Check out my tilesets!

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2009, 18:34:58 »
Oh, I figured that the reason people put images in spoilers was because of loading.

That's only to save space, keeping the posts more organizedand and not forcing people to scroll up/down like crazy.

(BTW, Dandelion, your post appears edited by me by mistake. I accidentaly clicked "modify" instead of "quote", at first. The content of the post is unchanged, though. My apologies.)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 18:36:55 by PONTO »

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2009, 22:32:44 »
Everything within spoiler tags is still loaded, so it doesn't save time at all. 9_9 Just space.

Actually, thats not true. It depends on your browser. I use opera, and it starts loading an image when I unvold the spoiler. The reason we use spoilers is valid though, to save space.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex