« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2010, 07:19:30 »
ITT: We accomplish nothing at all. :)

[mod]Added the acronym of itt for as far as I can find out what it means.[/mod]
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 09:56:54 by LPChip »

Offline Evil

• View Profile
Re: speculation topic
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2010, 16:49:43 »
I think that its a girl exploring a environment, and it also comes with a level editor :)
Either that, or a game where the main character is a ball. Maybe blue. :P

:crazy:

i want the pteranodon back!  >(

Offline lilmanjs16

• Its time for some Pixies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2010, 23:05:49 »
this will most likely be a platformer, that isn't bloody, has very good peaceful music and features somebody exploring but there will be amazing graphics and very cool puzzles :D
we all love each other. and thanks to those who like my dj mixes, it makes me happy:hiddenstar: thanks AClockworkLemon! makes me feel proud

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2010, 06:31:51 »
Wait. It's a game. The graphics are 2d. They are made in another program besides MMF. The code is made with MMF. The window size will be 600*360. There will be the option to switch control keys. It will run on windows, but throw some messed up error on Vista/7. There will be EXACTLY 7 characters. One will be an enemy. The thickframe and maximize buttons will be disabled. The music will be external. Nifflas will commit suicide halfway through making the game, and then rise from the dead and finish it as a zombie.
Lurk more.

Offline The stickman

• Lol wut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2010, 05:50:33 »
ITT: We accomplish nothing at all. :)

[mod]Added the acronym of itt for as far as I can find out what it means.[/mod]
Actually, I think it means "I think that..." far as I can tell... but they seem to be interchangeable in every thread I've seen it in...

o_0
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 05:52:21 by The stickman »

My Stars::hiddenstar::hiddenstar:
The blood of the innocent will flow without end, it's Zorc - That's me! - it's Zorc and pals!

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2010, 10:31:26 »
^ It generally means 'In This Thread' (or in this case 'In This Topic'). I've never seen it used to mean I Think That, but I suppose it exists.
Videogames are for everyone, by everyone

Offline Exp HP

• 1 in 166 children
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2010, 06:46:56 »
Here's what we've heard so far.
Ah, no, this is not Find Love. It's actually a re-imagination of a game I used to play and love as a child, so you'll get game mechanics similar to a game you have already played but with a completely different set of puzzles and approaches to solve them.

Nothing innovative in other words, but hopefully a very enjoyable game at least. [...]
It won't be Juni, she's too nice and harmless. To me, this game is a break I need from my seriousness and deeper meaning, so it has to be a character who have a personality that lets him/her run around and e.g. throw bombs at random creatures and enemies.

Any ideas?
[...]the character width/height relationship is 1:2 and can carry objects above his/her head.
As I alluded in the other thread, based on this stuff alone, I'd say Super Mario Bros. 2 (a.k.a. Doki Doki Panic).

But then there's this post...
I wouldn't call it violent [...]. The game is very harmless.

[...] I by some reason I feel like I have to do something small, silly, funny nonsense that doesn't really mean anything. [...] The gameplay mechanics are really neat, and unlike Knytt Stories, every object interact with each other in a different way, which means that quite complex puzzles can be accomplished with just a few objects. This should be perfect for level editing![...]
DDP/SMB2 hardly had any interesting or puzzle-suited interactions like that.  I can't really think of any game that fits everything that Nifflas has said.

Anyone have any more ideas?  Maybe it's a more obscure game?
(secretly hoping nobody will mention the object compendium)
My stars:   :hiddenstar:(Object Compendium):hiddenstar:(By PM)
Check out my Youtube channel for some terrible Let's Plays by a socially inept nerd!

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2010, 06:48:59 »
Or maybe Nifflas isn't trying to replicate another game. :O
Lurk more.

Offline Exp HP

• 1 in 166 children
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2010, 07:14:21 »
Or maybe Nifflas isn't trying to replicate another game. :O

It's actually a re-imagination of a game I used to play and love as a child[...]

Nothing innovative in other words, but hopefully a very enjoyable game at least. [...]

But then again, maybe a "re-imagination" has more room for deviation than a remake/demake/clone.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 07:15:56 by Exp HP »
(secretly hoping nobody will mention the object compendium)
My stars:   :hiddenstar:(Object Compendium):hiddenstar:(By PM)
Check out my Youtube channel for some terrible Let's Plays by a socially inept nerd!

Offline Comhon

• View Profile
    • comhon.cz
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2010, 12:39:18 »
Probably there will be aviable to make lots of puzzles.

Offline Vinterrun

• Schniggedi Schnapp die Daumen sind ab!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2010, 21:08:57 »
Hihi,
Nifflas I bet it`s a very funny feeling seeing a bunch of kiddies (me included) puzzling over something which could probably be something particular if something else which is probably made in a guessed direction is finally presented by you Sir!

Mhoa long sentece!
under re-construction:

Coming late:

Starwale *pun*

Offline Feline Monstrosity

• Pussy cat, pussy cat..
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2010, 22:58:46 »
Will the new game be freeware like Nifflas' earlier small games, or commercial like his more recent releases? (More a question than speculation, but I didn't feel like making a new topic)
"In the world there is nothing more submissive and weak than water. Yet for attacking that which is hard and strong nothing can surpass it. "  ~Lao Tzu

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2010, 23:00:37 »
At the moment I'm making my best shot at living off game development. It won't be free, but as it is developed rapidly in just a few months the price tag will be low.

Offline Zelakon

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2010, 02:58:31 »
At the moment I'm making my best shot at living off game development. It won't be free, but as it is developed rapidly in just a few months the price tag will be low.

I think it would be unfair if it was free.  Your games are so good that I'm sure we'd all pay for them if it was required.  I feel you should always charge for every game from now on, because regardless of what happens the community will have still benefitted immensely from your completely free back catalogue.

Offline ElMirador

• TuT
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2010, 15:18:13 »
Another new game? great XD
so what kind is it? a platformer? Puzzle game? or a new kind?! X-P

BTW, i still didn't know how to play Find Love...
it always reminds me some FTG games ..OTZ
[achvmnt]VkVSMDIAAACBwgAAgYEAAAAAAAAA[/achvmnt]WaDF is the one of the best plaformer games I've ever played XD