My thailsets

• 6 Replies

Offline Sendy

• View Profile
My thailsets
« on: January 27, 2010, 22:01:51 »
This tileset was the third one I've ever made, and also the latest. It's a sewer tileset, and in a style that isn't very Knytt-like, but meshes well with the other sets I made, which include Beatific Halls (a series of opulent galleries with coloured tapestries and giant golden balls and chains everywhere), a temple, and a basic ice world.

I hereby donate these tiles (all posted in this thread) to the community to be used in any way seen fit, including but not limited to changing individual pixels, colour/tone changing, and cutting upping (to make CO's etc). All I ask is that I'm credited for the work somewhere within your project.

I only have this one on my memory stick, more to follow :)

Also, feel free to constructively critique! These were made a fair time ago as you can see, but soon, I'll be making tilesets for my next project, and I want to do my own spin on the Knytt style. So tips etc are very welcome!

Offline minmay

• View Profile
    • Cow Muffins
Re: My thailsets
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 01:20:24 »
How can I express this properly...it looks like you started out drawing a great tileset, then got bored with it halfway through and just slapped the rest of it together.  The brick wall tiles look great, but their diagonal versions look awful, and the water...ugh.

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 01:46:22 »
How can I express this properly...it looks like you started out drawing a great tileset, then got bored with it halfway through and just slapped the rest of it together.  The brick wall tiles look great, but their diagonal versions look awful, and the water...ugh.
Actually, it kinda looks like a mix between NESgamer's style and a more realistic tileset. I actually kinda like it. :o
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 05:47:28 »
I personally think that it's nice. good style, shame i can't think of anything to make with it
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.
:hiddenstar: - From Pumpkinbot

Offline Sendy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 22:32:57 »
I admit I could probably do better now... I thought the water and diagonals looked nice when assembled, but if I can think (or am suggested) a way to improve them, I'll do it. Obviously these days, CO's is the only way to go for water. I'll post an example screenshot for the tileset soon-ish (i.e. when I can be bothered :P)

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 00:23:03 »
Eh, I kind of like this. Very atmospheric, suggests a level immediately. And I think I like the water :oops:

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2010, 06:38:52 »
Amazing.

Underoath - It's Dangerous Business Just Walking Out Your Front Door.