Around the world (working title) [currently in need of Graphics and a name]

• 4 Replies

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
Hiya people, me again. having given up on WaKF, I have begun working on games in GameMaker8. I have formulated an idea for a new game, however I require some help with the making of it.

Spoiler: Current brief (click to show/hide)

I am going to set up a 'team' for this game. Guessing that smeagle would like to be in the graphics department, the team currently is:

Game Design: AClockWorkLemon
Graphics: smeagle, EmeraldFire7 (I would like to have a few more graphics members)
Debug/beta testing: nobody (definately need some people!) XD

Game design:
For the moment, I will be hogging this role. If I run into problems, i will post them in this thread. If you have a solution, feel free to post.

Graphics:
The graphics team will be designing graphics for the game. the graphics will be in the forms of both stationary and animated sprites (animated sprites work in the same way as KS CO's, but its easier if they are all on the same line) and tilesets to be used a backgrounds. Tilesets can be of any size, but each 'tile' must be 32x32 pixels. Game maker is NOT required to do graphics.

Debug/Beta testing:
Fairly self explanitory. During the course of the project, I will be releasing versions to be tested. All releases will come open source, so it will contain both a compiled .exe and the .gmk file. Although not 100% necessary, GameMaker 8 Pro IS recomended. (If you don't have GM8Pro, i'm sure you can find a torrent of it ;))

EDIT:
Forgot to say, anybody working on the project should make a sprite of themselves, as i will be including each team member in the cities
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 06:57:25 by a clockwork lemon »
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.
:hiddenstar: - From Pumpkinbot

Offline smeagle

• Using Arch now
    • View Profile
Re: Un-named game [currently in need of Graphics and a name]
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 04:13:56 »
Im intrested!

btw there is gm 8?!

um... is it a platformer or an rpg or what is it?

id like to make the tileset

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
Re: Un-named game [currently in need of Graphics and a name]
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 06:04:25 »
its a role-playing game (rpg)
it's tilted birds-eye, as i mentioned before, so the player cannot jump, only move up, down, left and right.
If you feel like making the tileet(s), that's great! I also need the sprites.
and yes, there IS Game Maker 8 (see attachment)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 06:06:06 by a clockwork lemon »
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.

Offline Emeraldfire7

• LoZ FTW!
    • View Profile
i could probably make some tilesets... or some sprites i've found myself getting better and better lol, i'd hate to get into something and quit halfway through but if it interest's me enough i can do it ill whip up a few sprites :P that is if smeagle isn't already doing that, do you want pokemon style, short fat-ish characters or a different style, i have a few ideas in mind :P

Edit: turns out i cant do sprites that well xD atleast not rpg ones... i may be able to make some tilesets but seeing as smeagle is already taken the part :P

The project sounds like a pretty good idea though :)

Also be sure to fly by Canada sometime eh XD
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 02:47:45 by Emeraldfire7 »

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
Nah, I need as many tilesets as possible! If you think your up to the task, feel free!
Yeah, the sprites need to be the short-and stumpy style, and therefore the buildings etc. need to fit around them. Ill add you to the graphics list, if you want to be taken off, PM me, so as to save cluttering the thread.