Mafia 9 - Night 5

• 414 Replies

Offline jimj316

• View Profile
Re: Mafia 9 - Day 3 (Ends March 14, 05:00:00 GMT)
« Reply #315 on: March 11, 2010, 21:59:16 »
Wait jimj isn't actually active at all.
yes I am. I've posted three times on this page alone.

Spoiler: RAEV TIEM! (click to show/hide)

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 9 - Day 3
« Reply #316 on: March 11, 2010, 22:01:26 »
Runman because he kept saying that he didn't think salmoneous was the doctor, even though it was explained to be unlikely, to avoid suspicion when salmoneous turned out to be mafia.
Gee, that's a bit far-fetched for a vote, don't you think?
Is such a convoluted reason for voting Runman better than my simple reason for voting Jimj?
Well, RunMan was against Salmoneous before that position started making sense, and Jimj was defending salmoneous after that position stopped making sense.
It's essentially the same reasoning, but yeah, the runman theory is a bit more complicated.
I'm not sure if it is better though. So:

@ RunMan
Why were you so sure that Salmoneous couldn't be the doctor?

Until I get an answer, I unvote.
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline Lunar_Tick

• "Do not disturb my circles"
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 12, 2010, 15:59:22 »
Well, RunMan was against Salmoneous before that position started making sense, and Jimj was defending salmoneous after that position stopped making sense.

There's something aesthetically pleasing about that sentence.

I feel that unnecessary suspicion is still less suspicious than unnecessary trust.

And on your activeness Jimj, I may be being overly critical of you, but I can't  come up with an instance where you actually added anything to the game. Except your defense of yourself and of Salmoneous. (Obviously this goes for a lot of other players too but you also defended Salmoneous which was at best naive. Those things together make you somewhat voteworthy)
Honestly, put me down on this, I haven't done a reread of the thread in a couple of days or so.

Any town loss can be declared to be due to the inactivity of all you guys. I'm not taking the blame for such shitty play on the town's part. Seriously.

Or maybe I can.
Νίψον ἀνομήματα μὴ μόναν ὄψιν

Offline jimj316

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 12, 2010, 17:53:24 »
I can't  come up with an instance where you actually added anything to the game.

that's because I've had to defend myself from all the suspicion directed towards me.
Also, I have tried to add things to the game, like the "Roles:subject to change" thing, but that turned out to not mean anything.

Another reason might be (and I know this is a common scum excuse) that this is my first time playing a mafia game *ever*, and I only heard about the game in like, December. So I really haven't had much of an idea of what's been going on, and so most of my posts have had to be based on personal hunches and guesswork, as I have mentioned several times.

Offline Lunar_Tick

• View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 12, 2010, 18:48:11 »
Alright, I grant that your inactivity probably isn't/wasn't based on scumminess. But still, you are inactive enough so that the argument "We should be careful of lynching Jimj, he's a rather productive player for the town, suspicious or not" is rendered moot.

Mod question
exactly what happens when D3 ends
and we have a plurality but not a majority?
and there's a draw for votes?
and we have a plurality of abstentions?
and we have a plurality of "no lynch votes" (assuming they are possible)?

I've asked many of these questions before haven't I?

Offline Lunar_Tick

• View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 12, 2010, 18:54:11 »
Alright, I grant that your inactivity probably isn't/wasn't based on scumminess. But still, you are inactive enough so that the argument "We should be careful of lynching Jimj, he's a rather productive player for the town, suspicious or not" is rendered moot.

I expect you to answer to that jimj.

unvote
Data
And seriously Data what is wrong with actually playing the game?

Offline jimj316

• View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 12, 2010, 23:29:28 »
I expect you to answer to that jimj.
How can I answer? It was a statement, not a question.
I do agree though, about me not being productive, so if I find anything from now on that I think will help I will tell you ASAP.

1.exactly what happens when D3 ends
2.and we have a plurality but not a majority?
3.and there's a draw for votes?
4.and we have a plurality of abstentions?
5.and we have a plurality of "no lynch votes" (assuming they are possible)?

1: the player with the most votes is lynched? why? should something special happen?
2-5:what?

EDIT JUST BEFORE I POST THIS: I've just noticed something! do you see how EXP's and Budja's deaths are connected? they both use those animated emoji in the way they were killed. Is this just co-incidence?

« Reply #322 on: March 13, 2010, 07:27:55 »
You have no idea about how suspicious that edit sounded.
Let this be a warning...

Offline Lunar_Tick

• View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 13, 2010, 09:24:57 »
EDIT JUST BEFORE I POST THIS: I've just noticed something! do you see how EXP's and Budja's deaths are connected? they both use those animated emoji in the way they were killed. Is this just co-incidence?
No, it's probably the mod's way of telling us they were killed by the same faction. Either they were both Mafia killed or both Serialkiller killed. Good catch.

You have no idea about how suspicious that edit sounded.
Let this be a warning...

Why is that edit suspicious?
You still haven't justified your vote on JImj SF

Offline RunMan

• View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 13, 2010, 11:16:21 »
@ RunMan
Why were you so sure that Salmoneous couldn't be the doctor?

I've already explained my statement few pages ago. Doctor, as his powers are very useful for townies, is the most threatened player, after he reveals his profession. Would real doctor risk with sending message, which tells that he's the doctor, to the player who can be Mafia member aswell?

I also have no idea, why did you believe him. Everybody could claim that he's a doctor, it's not enough to trust somebody.

Question to PP:
Once someone tries to kill the doctor while doc protects himself, he lose his ability to protect ppl?

« Reply #325 on: March 13, 2010, 12:15:51 »
It's probably the mod's way of telling us they were killed by the same faction. Either they were both Mafia killed or both Serialkiller killed. Good catch.
Thanks for pointing that out. But i still vote jimj.

You still haven't justified your vote on JImj SF
Yeah, and you did or what?

FOS: Lunar_Tick for a reason even i cant understand.

Offline Lunar_Tick

• View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 13, 2010, 12:42:31 »
Note to anyone who isn't bothered to read the last few posts: This is important. Especially the end. Read the end of this post. Don't read my other crap. And respond, once you've read the end of this post. Which is important. Okay I love you buhbye.

Those who have voted ought to explain their vote. I have so explained mine over on page 19 or something.
From page 19 or something:
I [...] have no comment of interest at this time.
Seriously? Nothing?
You have no question about if the investigator's identity was compromised or if it was a lucky shot? No question about how Straightflame knew Sal was mafia? No question about anything? You either have no curiosity or are mafia.
Jimj: Your really weird defence of Sal D2 was a bad move. It could have been a naive attempt at townie lenience but it could also have been a meditaded attempt to get your co-mafia off the hook, could it not? Jimj still hasn't given good reasons for defending Sal S2.
That's pretty much the reason I voted Jimj in a nutshell.

I unvoted because Jimj seems pretty townie under pressure, he hasn't tried anything underhand like a mafia would, it looks like he just made a couple of mistakes earlier.
He didn't actually urge people on to not vote Sal when he difended him, he was just cautious and perhaps a little too trusting.
I expected something to happen when we all piled on him. This whole process was supposed to take a couple of realdays, but since were going around on snail pace... it drew on.

Since I'm not for a jimj lynch anymore, and we can eliminate Straightflame from the possible mafia list, we should look into other paths.

Dataflashsabot needs to come in here and justify his Jimj vote and review it as well (you did vote Jimj right?). He also needs to account for his inactivity, or at least make up for it, because he looks like a really good candidate for a lynch.
He is lynchworthy; he was inactive (so it's not as if were losing anything), he cast a slightly suspicious vote of Jimj, and conveniently was completely absent when all those Sal things were going down.

Razzor: Is there any reason we shouldn't vote for Data?
Straightflame: Jimj is more active than Data. Depending on Data's next post, he could even be much more suspicious than Jimj. I'd like to know why you're voting for Jimj and what you think about Data.
Other homogeneous players: Do you think SF is being unreasonable in still voting Jimj? Do you support a quick change of towns focus from Jimj to Data in an effort to actually make a proper lynch D3?

Who is most likely to be mafia I ask?

My answer is it's likely for any inactive player to be mafia. I'm willing to half-guess it to be Data. What I wouldn't like to do (but it is unavoidable with the little time we have) is to trial Data befoer he even gets a chance to defend himself. However, I believe we should gamble and lynch Data. I mean, what have we to lose?

« Reply #327 on: March 13, 2010, 13:02:34 »
* Dataflashsabot kills himself

« Reply #328 on: March 13, 2010, 13:08:36 »
blah blah blah blah non-sucpicious
Ya got a point. Lemme guess: Ya got teh autism. It's pretty much that or something else that made your mind less clouded than mine. How could i be so stupid after what happened yesterday (in game time, not real time)! Neither of you two can be Anti-towns. Wait, you can be, but you are less suss.

Unvote:jimj,
Un-FOS:Lunar_Tick,
FOS:Dataflashsabot
and vote:RunMan

Offline jimj316

• View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 13, 2010, 15:35:43 »
--!>starts breathing again/--

now I can finally start looking for who I think is what.
and I will start with Dataflashsabot;
he is (presumably) not doctor, investigator, roleblocker or mayor,
so he can only be mafia killer, townie, or SK.
he is also very inactive, and seems to have killed himself.
maybe:mafia?
and since I intend to FOS RumNan, I sorta-like-temporarily-half-vote:Data

RunMan
I have suspected runman a bit since the start of the game;I don't know why.
Also, he joined late, which may have affected the way his role was picked. (or maybe not)
so, i sorta-FOS:RunMan

Lunar_Tick
Has been very helpful to town, probably.
however, I never have time to read his very long posts, so I'm not that sure.
still, I think he is probably the least suspicious.

StraightFlame
His posts haven't made much sence to me; I need to read them more carefully before I can make a judgement.
He also is probably doctor, since I can't find anything to suggest he isn't.

blah & etc.
& I won't be very active again until like Monday or something, I'm hittin a server with a  :nuts: till it works.