Mafia 9 - Night 5

• 414 Replies

Offline Mochaalatte

• View Profile
Re: Mafia 9 - Day 2
« Reply #225 on: February 15, 2010, 04:44:03 »
Well, unless the doctor can somehow save himself (question: Can the doctor save himself?)Serial Killer.

That's fairly illogical.

"AHH I'M DYING! Oh wait, I'm a doctor! *stitches self up*"

Blah. But before the whole thing officially starts, I might as well give my two cents on everyone...

Kaizo:
Seems pretty innocent to me; he's pretty down to earth and such...
Shawnachu:
Throws a comment here or there, but is otherwise quiet
Budja:
Hasn't been posting pretty much anywhere
Dataflashsbot:
Clearly active on the forum; however hasn't posted anything here..(could you prod him, please PP?)
Salmonelous:
Blah Blah. Read earlier posts. Willing to give him benifit of the doubt @tm
Straightflame:
Posts have been strong points; no matter how few
Lunar_tick:
Dosen't seem scummy, (I'm willing to say he's innocent); made valid points about the real doctor, if not Salmonelous, not reacting to Salmonelous' claim.
NESgamer190:
Hasn't been posting much of anywhere
Jimj316:
His defense of Salmonelous feels kinda nyeh~y; giving fairly weak statements on Salmon's behalf.
..I really have nothing to say about Razzor yet.
Runman:
Obviously has a lot against him dealing with his belief of me being town-based;

In the current time, my best bet for Mafia is a Jimj/Salmon; and Serial Killer as Dataflashsbot; merely for lack of posting here. I do admit my grounds for these beliefs are extremely shaky and easily susceptible to change; I'm hoping that more discussion through Razzor's plan will stabilize these.

--!>Takes a nap while other people figure the whole doctor thing out/--
--!> Realizes doctor will probably end up being like the Anonymous Player thing earlier/--
--!> Shrugs the above thought off/--
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
Bluh bluh. I have this thing now.

« Reply #226 on: February 15, 2010, 08:04:14 »
To sum it all up, Mochey (?),
  • Budja went all -ish, causing his death.
  • If you think of those as Mafia, make a vote.

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 15, 2010, 09:12:26 »
A) A mafia member could claim to be doctor, thus making us kill Sal, who actually could be the doctor.
If salmoneous is the doctor, and somebody claims, we will lynch the doctor, and then lynch scum the next day.
Its better to lynch scum than it is to keep the doctor, since if salmon is the doctor, he will protect himself during the night.

B) Many players are inactive. If one of them is the doctor, and they don't post, then there is still the posibility that he is a Mafia member.
True, but if nobody posts, the chance of salmoneous being the doctor is much greater.

Lets assume that salmoneous is the doctor until someone else claims. If that happens, we should assume that salmoneous is not the doctor, and lynch him.
If he turns out to be the doctor when that happens, we should assume that the one who claimed is maia.
(Unless we are in a LyLo. Then we should lynch the one who claimed.)
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

« Reply #228 on: February 15, 2010, 15:14:49 »
I wanted to say something, but it will make me a target to Mafia members. Let's just say i know Sally is NOT th-- hey, why did i call him 'Sally'?

Offline kaizoman666

• I'm a flasher.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #229 on: February 15, 2010, 15:15:56 »
Can I ask how you would know this?
:hiddenstar::hiddenstar::hiddenstar::hiddenstar::hiddenstar:

« Reply #230 on: February 15, 2010, 15:35:55 »
Classified. I trust no one when this kind of conversations start.

Anyways, you may as well try guessing the answer to your question.

Offline Mochaalatte

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 15, 2010, 15:42:51 »
To sum it all up, Mochey (?),
  • Budja went all -ish, causing his death.

Ewhoops, I forgot Budja died :sick:.

Also, recall that I did vote Salmon, and I'm giving him another chance until the deadline comes up/ solid details of his defense come up.

Obviously you realize,  your classified, if true, information makes it BLARINGLY obvious who you are, correct StraightFlame?

Blah. These conversations are leading nowhere and just bringing up more questions.

Offline Mochaalatte

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 15, 2010, 15:44:06 »
--!> headdesks for more grammar mistakes/--

Offline RunMan

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 15, 2010, 16:17:47 »
If you were a doctor, would you PM guy, who you've just saved only because he'd voted on you? I mean, Sal can't know wheter Mocha is mafia member or not (unless Salm and Mocha are Mafia members). I know that it's very unlikely that Mocha is mafia, because I don't think they would risk so much with lynching one of them (even if it was pretty obvious that doctor would save him, because he was suspicious during day 1). A real doctor wouldn't risk by revealing his identity to player whose side doctor doesn't know - doctor is usually first to be killed by mafia, because of his powers.

Whoever doctor is I don't think he would tell us about this - he would not lynch him during the day, but he would be killed during the night - even if doc would decide to protect himself, he would die next night.

To sum up:

Sal - I think he's mafia member
Mocha - Townie, maybe doc

About other players: I've got some guesses about them but they are mostly premonitions, so I wouldn't share them with you

sorry for my english :S

Offline RunMan

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 15, 2010, 16:20:47 »
There's a mistake in my previous post, correct version:

Whoever doctor is, I don't think he would tell us about that - we (it was he) would not lynch him during the day (...)

I'm still voting for Sal

Offline kaizoman666

• I'm a flasher.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #235 on: February 15, 2010, 17:06:29 »
Lets look at our situation: Assume for a second that Sal is not the doctor. If the real doctor steps forward and claims that Sal is lying, and we lynch Sal, who turns out to be a Mafia member, then the other Mafia member or the Serial Killer will most definitly kill the doctor. If a Mafia member steps forward claiming to be the real doctor, and Sal is lynched, and ends up actually being the doctor, the Mafia and the Serial Killer will get 2 free kills that night, while the next day we lynch 1 Mafia member. If no one steps forward, we assume that Sal is the doctor, and he may get killed during the night. But if he actually is a Mafia member, then we do not kill him at all, thus causing us to eventually lose.

So, the possibilities with Sal are:

1. Lynch a Mafia, lose the doctor.
2. Lynch the doctor, lose two people during the night, lynch a Mafia.
3. Lose the doctor.
4. Don't lynch Sal, lose the game.
:hiddenstar::hiddenstar::hiddenstar::hiddenstar::hiddenstar:

Offline RunMan

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 15, 2010, 19:11:29 »
If noone steps forward, should we really assume that Sal is the doctor? Really, I could sent PM like this aswell. We don't know if Mocha is townie, doc doesn't know that too. IMO Doc wouldn't risk so much.

Arrive a conclusion by yourselves.

Offline Lunar_Tick

• "Do not disturb my circles"
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 15, 2010, 21:02:12 »
First off, the most important player in this situation hasn't said enough.
Sal, do you still claim to be the doctor? (Have I asked this before?)

Customarily, the doctor can always protect himself. So it's not as if if we don't lynch Sal he'll be killed N2.

A) A mafia member could claim to be doctor, thus making us kill Sal, who actually could be the doctor.

Razzorman already covered this. If someone who isn't the doctor claims to be the doctor and we decide to lynch Sal and we find out that Sal is the doctor, then we lynch scum the next day. We trade the doctor for scum, which isn't bad in this situation we're in.

B) Many players are inactive. If one of them is the doctor, and they don't post, then there is still the posibility that he is a Mafia member.
Chances are, if someone was the doctor they'd be more active than if they were town. Second, that can be fixed by getting everyone in here, not by giving up on this plan.

Blah. But before the whole thing officially starts, I might as well give my two cents on everyone...
You haven't backed up any of your statements about everyone with quotes. It's very difficult to establish anything with so vague and general comments

Why should he make a vote if he (he said so himself) isn't so sure of his positions?
Throwing random votes out there is silly. They have to have a purpose, or a grounding.

Classified. I trust no one when this kind of conversations start.

Anyways, you may as well try guessing the answer to your question.
StraightFlame, how can we accept anything you say? If you actually do know Sal's role then you should defend him with logical arguments, or at least support letting him off for D2 lynch.
Don't claim 'inside knowledge'. It's suspicious and amateurish. You've put yourself in an awful position by stating that you just know Sal's role.

If noone steps forward, should we really assume that Sal is the doctor?
Yes.

If the town lynches the doctor D2 then we should resign.
Νίψον ἀνομήματα μὴ μόναν ὄψιν

Offline RunMan

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 15, 2010, 21:33:24 »
Customarily, the doctor can always protect himself. So it's not as if if we don't lynch Sal he'll be killed N2.

Well, not really

Doctor - You may protect one person per night. If you protect yourself, and are attacked, you survive, but lose the ability. If this is the case, you will be shown as doctor when you die.

If noone steps forward, should we really assume that Sal is the doctor?
Yes.

If I'd PM Mocha now and say I am doctor, should you assume that I am doc? Everyone could sent that.

Doctor would try to protect himself with some votes on him, rather than posting useless things. Sal doesn't. If he is doctor then his tactic too survive is really weird.

StraightFlame, I'd like you to tell us what you know.