Mafia 9 - Night 5

• 414 Replies

Offline jimj316

• View Profile
Re: Mafia 9 - Day 2
« Reply #210 on: February 12, 2010, 17:15:05 »
while I think that salmoneous is looking rather suspicious, I do not think he is scum.
after all, the most suspicious thing he has done (in my eyes) is PMing Sir Leroy direct, and me voting him for that would be...sorta...hypocritical (I called the late EXP day 1 asking what FOS stood for) :oops:

he has also done a few other things, but I think that these were simply honest mistakes that were taken too far.

Spoiler: RAEV TIEM! (click to show/hide)

« Reply #211 on: February 12, 2010, 18:57:49 »
Vote update
RunMan (2): Shawnachu, Salmoneous
Salmoneous (4): StraightFlame, Mochaalatte, RunMan, Lunar_Tick

With 12 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
Lurk more.

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 12, 2010, 21:26:22 »
I won't be able to play for a while. Windows messed up an update, and I had to reinstall. I'll be back as soon as I know why it isn't detecting my hard drives.
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline Lunar_Tick

• "Do not disturb my circles"
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 13, 2010, 00:21:19 »
the most suspicious thing he has done (in my eyes) is PMing Sir Leroy direct
So that he masqueraded as the doctor is of no problem to you?
Does Salmoneous even still claim to be the doctor?

(I called the late EXP day 1 asking what FOS stood for)
That's very different than the message Salmoneous sent. Surely you can see that.

he has also done a few other things
What other things has he done?

but I think that these were simply honest mistakes that were taken too far.
Taken too far by whom?

This unnatural and rather out-of-the-blue defense of salmoneous by Jimj is weird.

I'm not pushing for a Salmoneous lynch, I already said that this being not a mafia game I'm particularly omitted to, I won't be scrutinizing every possibility and will generally will be more lax with my votes.

I still would be interested in hearing what Straightflame and Shawnachu have to say about my and Salmoneous' last few posts.
Νίψον ἀνομήματα μὴ μόναν ὄψιν

Offline Mochaalatte

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 13, 2010, 01:49:31 »

As you can read on previous pages PP told about vital clue uncovered by Mocha via phone call. Of course, I don't know if I am the only person who phoned him... <_<

The thing about the disconnected phone I mentioned earlier when the whole "anonymous player" hoopla was going on was the vital clue, I believe. If not, then I'm clearly missing something.

Also, Runman, you were the only person who phoned me on D1 besides PP; and Salmonelous has been the only person on D2.

I feel like this post was completely useless.  O_o
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
Bluh bluh. I have this thing now.

Offline jimj316

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 13, 2010, 09:45:59 »
sorry, my last post didn't really explain much.
allow me to elaborate:
It is a problem to me, I was talking about the contents of the PM as well as the manner it was sent in. sorry if I didn't make that clear.

Also, by "other things" I mean the time he voted for Razzorman, which I think was just a random vote.

I was simply giving my opinion that I didn't think he was scum, not that he didn't look scummy.

And sorry if my post seemed out-of-the-blue, but D2 has been very confusing so far and I really can't think of anything else to say other than that I don't think Salmoneous is scum.

Offline Lunar_Tick

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 14, 2010, 16:32:14 »
It is a problem to me [...]
Obviously not a big enough problem to warrant a vote?

I didn't think he was scum, not that he didn't look scummy.
Why don't you think he's scum, given that you seem to admit he looks scummy?

I don't think Salmoneous is scum.
Again, why?

Offline jimj316

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 14, 2010, 16:46:58 »
I don't think Salmoneous is scum.
Again, why?
I'm afraid the only reason I can give is that the does not look scummy enough to warrant a vote. my first post was simply because I was worried that everyone might bandwagon Salmoneous without him being given a chance to explain his own, very confusing, actions.

Offline Lunar_Tick

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 14, 2010, 16:52:22 »
Wait.
I feel as if the ramifications of Salms call to Mocha day one haven't been fully understood.

Salm claimed to be the doctor to Mocha. He might have been telling the truth, he might've been lying. We have to be pretty sure Salm isn't the doctor, and that hopefully he isn't town either, before we lynch him. Unvote.

We'd be quite sure that he was telling the truth if nobody challenged him.
We'd be doubtful if someone did counterclaim. If someone did then the counterclaimer could either be an opportunistic mafia trying to lynch off the doctor and the sacrifice himself (because then we would definitely lynch that claimer D3), or the actual doctor. Eiter way, in the case of a counterclaim (on any day other than LyLo) lynching the original claimer is an ok idea.

Nobody has counterclaimed. I'm willing to give salmoneous the benefit of the doubt.

I'd also like to point out that in the case that Salmoneous is the mafia and the doctor hasn't immediately called Salmoneous out, then that said doctor is about as tactically intelligent as Field Marshall Haig.

I'm afraid the only reason I can give is that the does not look scummy enough to warrant a vote. my first post was simply because I was worried that everyone might bandwagon Salmoneous without him being given a chance to explain his own, very confusing, actions.
Fair enough. Although surely you must agree that the complete subjectiveness of your opinion on Salm means it is doesn't count for much.

Offline Mochaalatte

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 14, 2010, 22:12:38 »
Fair enough. Although surely you must agree that the complete subjectiveness of your opinion on Salm means it is doesn't count for much.

Blah. Fine, I'll give him a chance. But if he can't come up with anything solid to defend himself with, I'm re-voting him.

Unvote: Sal/Salmon/Salmoneous

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 14, 2010, 23:34:18 »
If salmoneous is not the doctor the real doctor has to claim. The pros outweigh the cons.
If nobody claims, then salmoneous is the doctor, and we won't lynch him. However, if he isn't the doctor, and nobody claims, then we will be avoiding lynching scum.
If salmoneous is the doctor, and somebody claims, we will lynch the doctor, and then lynch scum the next day.

Claiming is win/win. Not claiming is stupid.
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline kaizoman666

• I'm a flasher.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #222 on: February 14, 2010, 23:49:55 »
2 problems with that:

A) A mafia member could claim to be doctor, thus making us kill Sal, who actually could be the doctor.
B) Many players are inactive. If one of them is the doctor, and they don't post, then there is still the posibility that he is a Mafia member.

With these two problems, this plan may not work...
:hiddenstar::hiddenstar::hiddenstar::hiddenstar::hiddenstar:

Offline Mochaalatte

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 15, 2010, 01:24:01 »
If salmoneous is not the doctor the real doctor has to claim. The pros outweigh the cons.
If nobody claims, then salmoneous is the doctor, and we won't lynch him. However, if he isn't the doctor, and nobody claims, then we will be avoiding lynching scum.
If salmoneous is the doctor, and somebody claims, we will lynch the doctor, and then lynch scum the next day.

Claiming is win/win. Not claiming is stupid.

So.. I have no say in this conversation since I'm obviously NOT the doctor?

Offline kaizoman666

• I'm a flasher.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #224 on: February 15, 2010, 02:45:58 »
Well, unless the doctor can somehow save himself (question: Can the doctor save himself?), then there is no chance that you are the doctor. There is also a low chance that you are Mafia, unless your attacker was actually the Serial Killer.
:hiddenstar::hiddenstar::hiddenstar::hiddenstar::hiddenstar: