Feedback Thread [spoiler]

• 12 Replies
Feedback Thread [spoiler]
« on: January 08, 2010, 07:30:21 »
[SPOILER WARNING] I'll avoid mentioning specifics, but if you haven't finished Saira yet, this post probably isn't for you.

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
[mod]Added spoiler tags. We have them for a reason ;)[/mod]
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 23:31:45 by LPChip »

Re: Feedback Thread [spoiler]
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 00:16:16 »
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 00:38:47 by X-Calibar »

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 08:51:18 »
this has nothing to do with the topic, but are spoiler tags really necessary when there's already a spoiler warning in the topic title?

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 09:53:22 »
According to LP it is. And he's and admin. So... yeah.
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backloggery (click to show/hide)

Offline SiamJai

• View Profile
    • A gaming blog like no other.
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 01:57:14 »
this has nothing to do with the topic, but are spoiler tags really necessary when there's already a spoiler warning in the topic title?

Spoiler warning in the title is effective only for readers who access the topic from the Saira board. However, the content will also show up in the Most Recent Posts list, where everyone will see it, whether they want to or not. The spoiler tag prevents that. :)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 02:19:11 by SiamJai »

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 06:24:06 »
ahh, ok. thanks for clearing that up.

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 18:50:54 »
Just bought the game a couple days ago. I beat it on the day I bought it and promptly downloaded the level editor and started mucking about with that. XD

Good job, Nifflas. I salute you! .o7

Offline Tyroie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 20:09:22 »
I just stumbled across Saira and played through the demo. Lots of things I really loved but I also wanted to tell you about what's keeping me from buying the game.

Spoiler: Some spoilers (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 21:54:34 by Tyroie »

Offline Miss Paula

• I demand more of these.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2010, 19:10:15 »
well, I'd say the point of the demo, respectively the ending that you can get in the demo, is to be not the best ending, so you get motivated to go some extra miles (or euros, those too X)) to be able to get some of the way way cooler endings. :)
:hs::hs::hs::hs::fish::hs::hs::hs::hs:
:hs:

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2010, 20:24:51 »
Something kinda neat I thought I might mention...

This is the only game I can load while I work lol
I just let the solar system screen play with the music going~
Also I'll visit a planet and let it just play in the background~

Offline Widget

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2010, 20:36:05 »
I'm (still) surprised at the quantity of Knytt/KS comparisons that people make  :ohnoes:

I know, it's an exploration-based platformer but there, I think, the similarities end. Saira is exploration-based, but it's also puzzle-based and has a completely new platforming mechanic. Yes, there are similarities to be drawn but it's not another game in the vein of Knytt/KS; it's a totally new style of game from Nifflas  :P

Offline Tyroie

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2010, 21:50:31 »
well, I'd say the point of the demo, respectively the ending that you can get in the demo, is to be not the best ending, so you get motivated to go some extra miles (or euros, those too X)) to be able to get some of the way way cooler endings. :)

Ah, I had no idea that was an ending. Or that there was more than one ending. Still, I'd be lying if I said the nasty taste it left me is gone.

I don't intend to trash on the game at all btw - on the chance that my problems with the game are not unique to only me, the developer should be informed about them and use that knowledge to create more popular games in the future, if that's their goal. :)

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2010, 20:17:01 »
personally i loved the demo ending. although, i knew i was going to be buying it before even playing it, and i also knew there were multiple endings in the full version (still.. i thought it would be kinda obvious that there would be, even to a person going in without any prior knowledge).

creating something with the primary goal of it being popular isn't something that should ever come into an artist's mind.