Hardest level you've played?

• 13 Replies

Offline special_d

• View Profile
Hardest level you've played?
« on: January 23, 2010, 03:59:50 »
List your own subjective reactions as per the hardest level(s) you've ever played...

I'm currently playing "Safety" and yes, it DID inspire this topic. It's bloody difficult. However I still think Darklands is probably the level I hated the most for its difficulty.

Re: Hardest level you've played?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 17:57:59 »
People say Colors is in the Very Hard bracket, but damn, I really find it easy other than the boss fight. I'd have to think about what levels really bother me. I'd probably consider any level that forces me to use the Explore Challenge Cheat more than twice a hard level. Yes, I use the darn cheat. I don't play for ultimate challenge, I play to see what the level creator made.

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 18:03:16 »
I haven't played that many lunatic levels to be honest. The hardest of the ones I have actually tried is probably panacea, but I doubt it even comes close to being the hardest level of all time.
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline Exp HP

• 1 in 166 children
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 20:53:37 »
I haven't played very many, but among the hardest I've played were Spiral and Teenhmifnoeafgil.

Although Teenhmifnoeafgil probably would've been a lot easier if I installed v1.0.4 of KS.
(secretly hoping nobody will mention the object compendium)
My stars:   :hiddenstar:(Object Compendium):hiddenstar:(By PM)
Check out my Youtube channel for some terrible Let's Plays by a socially inept nerd!

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 15:14:19 »
Panacea on the hardest mode is the most difficult level I remember playing. So enjoyable, though... The scenarios are great!

I need to get back to playing Knytt Stories...

Offline special_d

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 00:47:48 »
panacea on the harder mode (can't remember if it's very hard or lunatic) has to be one of the hardest levels. In fact, I gave up on it. It's one of the levels I don't think I've ever beaten. And now I can't find the level; if anyone has it feel free to post a link.

Offline RunMan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2010, 21:31:22 »
special_d: I did 'Panacea site:nifflas.lpchip.nl' in Google. And guess what? I found it  :crazy: Comhon posted a working link to it, in his fav levels list.

I've never played it before, also I haven't been playing KS for a long while
[immodest]I won it on Lunatic mode  XD[/immodest]

Offline special_d

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2010, 19:44:37 »
None of the two links he posted work.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2010, 20:37:41 »
Am currently downloading Panacea from http://www.mediafire.com/?i9njmtndxrk
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2010, 01:12:44 »
I completed Panacea on V.hard mode, normal and secret endings and i though it was incredibly hard.

Later i went back to levels like Spiral and Assention only to find that i breezed through them, they felt pretty easy.

Panacea on Lunatic mode is roughly the same difficulty as V.hard except for one bit where you have to climb up through some spikes and they are positioned so damn awkwardly its unbelieveable. I've been stuck on that bit for quite a while.

Offline RunMan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2010, 09:41:04 »
Those spikes aren't that hard. A low corridor with shooting fish on each ending - it's almost impossible to escape it, without hitting those spikes :<

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2010, 13:41:34 »
Those spikes aren't that hard. A low corridor with shooting fish on each ending - it's almost impossible to escape it, without hitting those spikes :<

OH RLY?

I don't think we are talking about the same section.

This section is a total bastard.

Offline RunMan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2010, 15:06:08 »
Ah, that one! I was thinking about the pyramid one. Lunatic, but passable