hypercam 2 probs

• 12 Replies

Offline Salmoneous

• View Profile
hypercam 2 probs
« on: January 21, 2010, 08:04:44 »
I tried record with hypz0rcamz 2 but it don't take the sound. I have sound options on. With what sample size and samples/sec. should I use? Does it even matter?

And the graphs suck, I can't see what I have recorded, it's just a big mess.
Does anyone know of another better program for recording that doesn't have a big ugly white box to mess with you and force you to buy the full version. Something with no bad grahpic and sound problems?

[mod]Changed the currently bolded words. They were swearwords. Please familiarise yourself with the Official Forum Rules.[/mod]

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
Re: hypercam 2 probs
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 16:44:44 »
CamStudio.
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backloggery (click to show/hide)

Offline Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 01:00:53 »
camtasia studio

it was free back then, maybe you should look at archives, and archived version of the installer or something :)

and camstudio, and camtasia are different

Offline Gorfinhofin

• Totally Sane Storyteller
  • Bugbears are cool.
    • View Profile
    • My World Famous Grilled Let's Plays
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 06:09:07 »
I have tried Camtasia Studio and CamStudio, but not HyperCam 2. I prefer CamStudio to Camtasia, but I don't remember why. And Hypercam does not appeal to me since it sticks that nasty label on your videos.
Also, recording sound from your speakers can be tricky. You need to do different things on different OS's as far as I know. Which do you use?

When something smells, it's usually my monitor.

Offline Exp HP

• 1 in 166 children
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 06:24:01 »
I also enjoy CamStudio.  I've tried CamStudio, Fraps, and something else (probably Camtasia) in the past, and CamStudio produced the best video.

But then again, there have only been two, maybe three times in my life where I actually used it.
(secretly hoping nobody will mention the object compendium)
My stars:   :hiddenstar:(Object Compendium):hiddenstar:(By PM)
Check out my Youtube channel for some terrible Let's Plays by a socially inept nerd!

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 08:57:37 »
I have tried Camtasia Studio and CamStudio, but not HyperCam 2. I prefer CamStudio to Camtasia, but I don't remember why.
Camstudio's interface is very user friendly. Also, it's free and open source.
Camtasia's zoom feature, though, is really cool.
Lurk more.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 12:28:34 »
I bought Camtasia Studio, and I'm really satisfied with it. I can't see how the quality of the video's could be any problem, unless you're talking about framerate when capturing Hardware Accelerated games. In those cases Fraps is your tool (bought that one too X))

As for actual quality, it all depends on which codec you use and which settings you use them with.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2010, 12:47:11 »
I've been using Camstudio for a while, and it's not bad, but I've had some problems with it (probably related to Vista, but I don't know for sure): the only codec that works for me is the MS AVI default, and that means 1) huge files 2) an error message when the file size exceeds 2 GBs (I can still salvage the temporary files though). I've also had problems with capturing audio from the speakers (what Gorfinhofin mentioned); the volume level always resets when I start recording.

The real issue with Camstudio however is that development seems to have stopped (or slowed down significantly), since the last version was released in 2007. Being open source means that anyone could continue from where they left, but there only has been a couple of people branching so far, not going too far.
Videogames are for everyone, by everyone

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2010, 20:17:07 »
I used to have audio trouble. I don't remember, but I think it had to do with how loud the volume was set. The one problem I can't get past, though, is the little button that says, "Record audio from microphone and speakers" won't be clickable.
Lurk more.

Offline Gorfinhofin

• Totally Sane Storyteller
  • Bugbears are cool.
    • View Profile
    • My World Famous Grilled Let's Plays
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2010, 02:38:14 »
Hmm. I had forgotten about Fraps. But I thought Fraps only worked for certain games, like ones that went fullscreen. If you can use it with games like KS, I would love to know how, because Fraps is totally awesome :O

When something smells, it's usually my monitor.

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2010, 17:47:17 »
Hmm. I had forgotten about Fraps. But I thought Fraps only worked for certain games, like ones that went fullscreen. If you can use it with games like KS, I would love to know how, because Fraps is totally awesome :O

Fraps will not work with Nifflas' older games like Knytt Stories, because these games aren't using hardware acceleration. Saira however does, and Fraps does work with Saira perfectly well. I got smooth recordings with Fraps on Saira.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2010, 17:57:09 »
Fraps works with everything that uses DirectX or OpenGL, but nothing else, if you are not using Windows 7. If you are, then fraps will record anything. I think it has something o do with how Win 7 displays things, but I'm not sure.
Camstudio is free though, which automatically makes it better.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 17:58:42 by Razzorman »
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2010, 22:57:27 »
I've just checked. You can indeed record Area WDM from windows 7 using Fraps, but its not as fast as real 3D environments like OpenGL and DirectX.

MODPlug Central Forum