[Hard] Nightly Symphony

• 39 Replies

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
Re: [Hard] Nightly Symphony
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2010, 21:56:32 »
This level is very hard! The challenges are fine (mosty classical, but that's to be expected), but the items are really well hidden.

Spoiler: Keys... (click to show/hide)

A couple of void screens I've found are attached. The second void can be reached if you jump up from there to the upper screen, then before falling down you quickly get to the right and back; it's not likely to be found,but it's easy to fix.
Videogames are for everyone, by everyone

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2010, 23:00:13 »
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
Lurk more.

Offline Zetta

• You're out of your vector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2010, 01:52:15 »
Firstly, let me address this post:

I've only been able to reproduce this glitch once, and never again. I'm still not quite sure what's causing it, because it looks to me like it's working fine.

Spoiler: Red Key (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gold Key (click to show/hide)

Also, thanks very much for the complements and void reports. :D
If I sound like I know what I'm talking about, you probably misread my post.

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2010, 09:33:47 »
I've only been able to reproduce this glitch once, and never again. I'm still not quite sure what's causing it, because it looks to me like it's working fine.

I'll explain how I think it works: to the right of the screen in the attached picture (x1009y999), as well as in the screen above that (x1009y998), Flag Warps are placed so that entering those screens will warp the player one screen to the left, which is the screen you came from. If you are in the upper screen (x1009y998) and exit right, you'll end up on the same screen, only on the left side, so you have enough time to change directions and exit the screen left: since there's no Warp instruction for exiting left, you simply end up in  (x1008y998), i.e. a void.

If you thought Flag B would have superseded Flag A in the Flag Warp, you'd be mistaken (I believe the game checks Flags in order); otherwise there's really no problem, just put an empty sky screen in x1008y998 and you're done.

Offline drwright

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2010, 16:25:29 »
I am stuck here, see stuck pic below. After I press the button I cannot go anywhere

Okay I went back and restarted this level because I figured I missed a powerup, well I did but then I found myself in another impossible situation, see stuck 2 pic below. The shift takes me nowhere and one screen back is a code room and I do not know it.

There are many places in this story where you get stuck and cannot advance or go back to fix what you missed. Very unfortunate because the other parts are fun.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 17:17:33 by drwright »

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2010, 19:50:15 »
I am stuck here, see stuck pic below. After I press the button I cannot go anywhere

Okay I went back and restarted this level because I figured I missed a powerup, well I did but then I found myself in another impossible situation, see stuck 2 pic below. The shift takes me nowhere and one screen back is a code room and I do not know it.

There are many places in this story where you get stuck and cannot advance or go back to fix what you missed. Very unfortunate because the other parts are fun.

For the first screen

The second is a known bug (see this post), but I don't know whether Zetta has uploaded a fix or not.

Offline drwright

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2010, 22:04:13 »

For the first screen

Thanks but you can't if you get here without the double jump..... one of the shortcomings of this level, being able to get somewhere without something you need and not being able to go back. A good knytt level allows for this.

Okay. I'm stuck at x1010, y1004.

Okay, just looked into this one: The shift isn't working right. It's supposed to teleport you back to the hub world, but it's not for some reason. Thanks for pointing that out.

And no fix for this?!?!? just broken....

[mod]Merged doublepost.[/mod]
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 02:55:02 by SiamJai »

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2010, 22:34:47 »
Thanks but you can't if you get here without the double jump..... one of the shortcomings of this level, being able to get somewhere without something you need and not being able to go back. A good knytt level allows for this.

Right, I forgot about that passage! I suppose the problem lies in the jump you can see in the attached screenshot.

« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2010, 02:18:22 »
The tileset is incredibly grating, but that's not really your fault. My major complaint is that there are too many screens that are just walking in a straight line to get to the next screen. Kind of silly.

Offline Zetta

• You're out of your vector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2010, 07:27:05 »
one of the shortcomings of this level, being able to get somewhere without something you need and not being able to go back. A good knytt level allows for this.
True, but I'm not able to catch all the little sequence breaks. I do have a life outside of Knytt Stories, you know. :P

And no fix for this?!?!? just broken....
I'd hoped to include some new features in the next patch, truthfully, but I'm just not sure I'll have the time, so I'll just release the new bug-fix patch now.

Download Nightly Symphony v1.0.1
If I sound like I know what I'm talking about, you probably misread my post.