Custam LAZOR!! Also, custom customnity

• 9 Replies

Offline Sendy

• View Profile
Custam LAZOR!! Also, custom customnity
« on: January 16, 2010, 21:18:04 »
Hey, would it be possible to make a CO which animates the exact same way as the lasers do, so we can have our own laser graphics? Obviously you'd put the CO's over the preset laser objects. I'm yearning for red lasers myself..

Also, in other news, I could really use some custom water graphics, one tile high solid blue water which rises and falls with a tide... This is for my beach area to match the surf sound FX I have there. I may even try and synch the sound roughly to the tide animation loop, which would be pretty neat.

Re: Custam LAZOR!! Also, custom customnity
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 23:01:41 »
Hey, would it be possible to make a CO which animates the exact same way as the lasers do, so we can have our own laser graphics? Obviously you'd put the CO's over the preset laser objects. I'm yearning for red lasers myself..
Great idea! It would probably work too, but you'd have to get the frequency just right.
Lurk more.

Offline minmay

• View Profile
    • Cow Muffins
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 23:18:04 »
It would indeed work perfectly, and you could get the right animation speed simply by looking in the KS source.

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 01:07:47 »
The lasers switch at 80 "always"s, but I don't know what that is. Nor do I know how the Animated Picture Object calculates animation speed. So it's not as easy as all that. But still, find it out, trial and error, etc. and you're done.
Lurk more.

Offline Sendy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 04:43:03 »
Well I've just made my first custom object, a blue water tile that rises and falls and flows to the left, I feel like an adult now  ;)

This opens up so much potential... Fish that swim wherever we want, walk-behind tiles, animated trees and foreground (above juni) fog... All of the things that made Knytt have the ambient edge over KS are now possible in KS!

Could someone please make a CO of the standard KS water animation, to use as a base for re-colouring? I have made a water tile, but mine is based off of one frame from the original anim, I don't know how I'd capture the whole sequence.

I've always wanted to have more variation in water colour and liquids in general...

EDIT: Glad you like my CUSTAM LAZOR!!! idea. It will be so fresh if it works.

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 07:04:57 »
A word of warning. If the CO's even one point off, then, if the person leaves the game for a while to do something, then they'll eventually un-sync with each other. :/
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2010, 08:29:47 »
Fish that swim wherever we want
Aaargh! Thank you so much for reminding me. I wrote it down and was going to add the "bounded fish" (e.g. fish that don't swim through walls) to my Knytt Stories mod, but then I left the paper somewhere and, well, I forgot. I know this is completely irrelevant, but it just reminded me to do that.
Lurk more.

Offline Sendy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2010, 10:21:50 »
Have you made a tile that's passable to Juni and impassable to sprites yet? That would be exceptionally useful...

Offline minmay

• View Profile
    • Cow Muffins
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2010, 22:26:23 »
Could someone please make a CO of the standard KS water animation, to use as a base for re-colouring? I have made a water tile, but mine is based off of one frame from the original anim, I don't know how I'd capture the whole sequence.

Download Knytt Experiment - it has the default water animation included (as separate images, but you can easily merge them together), in addition to the waterfalls.

Offline Sendy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2010, 23:07:52 »
Download Knytt Experiment - it has the default water animation included (as separate images, but you can easily merge them together), in addition to the waterfalls.

Oh, cool... Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 10:54:09 by Sendy »