Saira for Best Game of 2009!

• 38 Replies
Re: Saira for Best Game of 2009!
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2010, 03:43:13 »
Well, the obvious candidates, but BOOYAH! Saira got third!
Lurk more.

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
    • I have a LiveJournal. Yes. I do.
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2010, 19:47:15 »
When I saw that Llama Adventure (an awful, lame attempt at "meta" fiction with an awkward interface) had won the "best interactive fiction" thing, and that it shared it with Slouching Towards Bedlam (a classic piece of IF which came out in 2003, and won that year's Interactive Fiction Competition), I lost all respect I may have had left for JayIsGames.
good bye

Offline Feline Monstrosity

• Pussy cat, pussy cat..
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2010, 00:52:35 »
Hey, cut them some slack, they're a casual gaming site. And everyone knows that casual gamers don't know anything about decent games! ;)
"In the world there is nothing more submissive and weak than water. Yet for attacking that which is hard and strong nothing can surpass it. "  ~Lao Tzu

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
    • I have a LiveJournal. Yes. I do.
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2010, 01:06:01 »
Hey, cut them some slack, they're a casual gaming site. And everyone knows that casual gamers don't know anything about decent games! ;)

I can't tell if this is serious or sarcastic even with the winking smiley.
good bye

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2010, 01:07:37 »
I think he means that literally.

Offline PeppyHare4000

• My time in this forum is over...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2010, 14:23:42 »
Saira should of got first. Its a very good game now, Just wait until custom levels are made. Eventually, People will make levels like nifflas. Saira is a neverending game once you get those levels.

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2010, 20:18:33 »
That's what was said about Knytt Stories.
Lurk more.

« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2010, 00:10:49 »
I'm just going to say, I actually agree with their choice. Don't get me wrong, Saira is a wonderful game and well worth the money but it wasn't all that ground breaking. Spelunky, on the other hand, is truly unique, being one of very few games with infinite replay value, while Braid takes advantage of clever time manipulation techniques.

Offline Zelakon

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2010, 15:33:18 »
I gave two votes to Braid and one to Saira.  I enjoyed Saira SO much I couldn't NOT vote for it, but Braid is (imho) one of the best games I've ever played, so it was only fair.  As for Spelunky, I tried it and didn't enjoy it at all - although from an objective standpoint it's quite brilliant.

Saira should of got first. Its a very good game now, Just wait until custom levels are made. Eventually, People will make levels like nifflas. Saira is a neverending game once you get those levels.

I'm not supportive of this at all.  For Saira to turn into another Knytt Stories would not work, since one of its main strengths lies in the realism invoked by the various cosmic bodies and their atmospheres.  I think Nifflas and only Nifflas should be responsible for any extra solar systems that are made for the game; there would be nothing worse than to have such a beautifully attended art form to be ruined by people who can't name planets properly.