Planet in Ruin (yes I'm working on it). ^_^

• 13 Replies

Offline Carn

• View Profile
Planet in Ruin (yes I'm working on it). ^_^
« on: March 11, 2009, 22:00:22 »
Okay so I gave out a little beta to a few people back on the old board but I don't think I ever got around to actually releasing it for people to play...anyways that beta is now in the level archive for you people to try out and give me opinions on.

I'm here asking for opinions on the next area of the game past that beta...a sewer system of sorts.  I'll post a screenshot of my concept for the sewers right now but this is the third sewer look I've tried and I scrapped the other two...I'm not sure how to pull off what I need.  I need a modern-era sewer system that in a pinch can function as a platform-esque puzzle area as well...such as jumping from pipe area to pipe area. 

Tell me what you like and dislike from the screeny (background is bland and in-game would be filled with a custom one of my own like I did in Journey Through Bliss for the caves) and if you have a different take on sewers and maybe have a screenshot that demonstrates it please post it...I've been stumped every time I try and start working on this thing.

Btw if you have any comments on the beta since not a lot of you got to play it before please tell me.  C)

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
Re: Planet in Ruin (yes I'm working on it). ^_^
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 00:58:59 »
Ah, I remember playing the beta of this. :3 I'm gonna look forward to this.
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

Offline Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 01:37:29 »
i think it looks cute.  :)

Offline Carn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 03:24:46 »

To be fair I doubt this game is out before college is done with this semester...been hectic for me.  I'll work on it a little during spring break and maybe weekends from now on at least.

The demo isn't even of the main game...it's the prologue.  It's going to have a single other main area besides the city streets (those sewers I'm unsure of...) and then after that you go to the main game. 

The main game will simply be Planet in Ruin and will be the fourth game in my series...I will NOT make it as big as Journey Through Bliss...if any of you have played it you'd know that it's a fairly large and extensive level compared to my other two.

It will follow Juni's latest and last life on Planet.  It will also explain why when she died this time she didn't end up in Bliss but went to Paradise instead.

Offline Pumpkinbot

• View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 03:28:33 »

To be fair I doubt this game is out before college is done with this semester...been hectic for me.  I'll work on it a little during spring break and maybe weekends from now on at least.

The demo isn't even of the main game...it's the prologue.  It's going to have a single other main area besides the city streets (those sewers I'm unsure of...) and then after that you go to the main game. 

The main game will simply be Planet in Ruin and will be the fourth game in my series...I will NOT make it as big as Journey Through Bliss...if any of you have played it you'd know that it's a fairly large and extensive level compared to my other two.

It will follow Juni's latest and last life on Planet.  It will also explain why when she died this time she didn't end up in Bliss but went to Paradise instead.
Ah, I see. I played the prologue, then. I got stuck, though. X)

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 03:47:37 »
I've beaten the other levels :^^:
[/smugness]
Lurk more.

Offline Pumpkinbot

• View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 03:48:50 »
I've beaten the other two :^^:
[/smugness]
<_<

Anyway, are you gonna use custom objects in this level? Just curious...

Offline Carn

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2009, 04:39:01 »
I would be if I had the latest version of KS already downloaded.  :shocked:

I'm on 56k and only started downloading the newer version earlier today since I haven't really touched KS or my level even for a few months.  When it's done by like tomorrow (only downloading at a very slow speed) I'll check out the new features opened to level creators...if anything I'd make new people probably for my city and change the colors of a few other objects to fit in with my game more.

Offline Didriking

• The King of Umbrellas
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2009, 22:18:40 »
Guess I'll keep an eye on this  X)
-place holder-

Offline Teper

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2009, 04:32:51 »
I'm glad you're still working on this.The beta has not changed much since last time, appart from graffitis, but it still look very promising.

Offline Carn

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2009, 18:21:51 »
 X) I didn't realize that was the version that HAD graffiti...

I thought that was the original beta I uploaded...ah well at least it ended in the same place pretty much.  I've got this thing almost done now I think all I have left are a few cutscenes...remember this is the prologue so there's not a lot here except building up to the actual game which will probably be done sometime after the semester is over at college.

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2009, 23:58:08 »
This looks cool  C)p Gonna try the beta then i will tell you my thoughts  :)

Offline hjyx01

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2009, 06:40:31 »
I like your "Journey Through Bliss"

hope you can do one more nice job ;)

Offline Nat225

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2009, 11:47:29 »
Sweet, The Beta was creepy, Nice job there.
Hope to play this soon!.
Explores.