KS mod, ACO

• 70 Replies

Offline PeppyHare4000

• My time in this forum is over...
    • View Profile
Re: KS mod, ACO
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2010, 01:50:08 »
Hmm.. If you die right after triggering the timer, try setting the time obscenely high. It may be that I'm working in the wrong units. I shall investigate this farther.

P.S. I don't believe the death maker tile works other than to revert enemies that have been pacified.

P.P.S. You figured out how to use the angelic tile on liquid. C)

it works, except when you test it without saving
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 01:55:50 by PeppyHare4000 »

« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2010, 02:11:46 »
Right. It must be that I said seconds when I meant milliseconds or something. I'll hopefully release 1.2.1 tomorrow. Please wait until then to use this feature.
Lurk more.

« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2010, 06:52:50 »

I was aware of this prior to my previous post, but one can still wish.

However, Blox DOES say
I have plenty of ideas but I can say that it just isn't going to be in KSA. I'm very happy that people still think about my mod, and I am sorry I could not keep up with it. If you have questions or comments please PM me, I'll see it. :)

... Maybe he'd be willing to share a few of these ideas? Working together is not always just sharing source code (and that can become quite a problem anyway).
I haven't seen Blox say anywhere that he is necessarily OPPOSED to sharing his ideas - from what I have seen, he seems to want to add to the Nifforum community in what ways he can. It's worth a shot, but I bet it would take someone worthy of sharing his ideas with for him to actually do so. You might be able to convince him, PP, especially if you successfully implement concepts from KSA (which he does, I recall, allow) such as jump through platforms, darkness/fog, timed shifts (which, I've noticed, you've already done!), and other similar things.

Anyway, it was just a slight hope. I realize it probably won't happen.
It's worth a try, right?

timed shifts (which, I've noticed, you've already done!)
This (and most of the features after version 1.0.0) were simply stuff I wanted to use in a level, so I thought, "Hey! I can just do it in my KS mod!" :P
Lurk more.

Dashster

« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2010, 07:07:31 »
It's worth a try, right?

Totally! I just sent you a pm with a few suggestions, btw. Good luck in any conversations with Blox!

Offline PeppyHare4000

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2010, 13:29:34 »
could you please not add the feature where juni dies when she falls too far.

« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2010, 01:14:28 »
could you please not add the feature where juni dies when she falls too far.
I probably will not add that feature, but it's a possibility.
Lurk more.

« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2010, 01:42:09 »
@PeppyHare: Hmm.. For whatever reason it works fine for me. Could you tell me in detail what goes wrong?
Lurk more.

Offline PeppyHare4000

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2010, 01:57:06 »
@PeppyHare: Hmm.. For whatever reason it works fine for me. Could you tell me in detail what goes wrong?

It only screws up when i test the level without saving or when i start at the same screen as the time starter without saving

« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2010, 03:49:09 »
It only screws up when i test the level without saving or when i start at the same screen as the time starter without saving
Interesting. So there's no actual problem other than testing?
Lurk more.

« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2010, 02:20:42 »
*bump*
Well, we ran into a major problem. I was just editing something with the reversed enemies (see here) and the sound disappeared. It just vanished! I ran the application and there was NO SOUND. Luckily I hadn't built it yet, so I still have the soundful executable, but the .mfa is now completely soundless. I don't even know whether it was something I did or if the source just got corrupted. O_o

*Begin long tedious process of copy-pasta code into a new mfa file

Edit: WTF? Even the level editor and two backup files got corrupted.

Edit: I'll have to start all over with the original KS source. So much for expecting the next beta within a week. T-T

Edit: Well, that's the end of it. I can't create a single Knytt Stories mfa with sound in it. I'm sorry it had to end this way.

Edit: Woah! Nested edits!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 01:08:10 by Purple Pineapple »
Lurk more.

Offline PeppyHare4000

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2010, 03:18:04 »
This sucks. Im not mad. You did a great job to make a modified KS with
Ability to Loop Music
Make any sprite deadly
Make any sprite harmless
Speedrun/Countdown Timers

You did good but the source just wanted to be an ***

« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2010, 01:46:49 »
I'm starting to think it was a windows or MMF screw-up rather than a source error. Not just the KS ACO source got messed up, but also the regular, un-touched KS source and any other MMF document I tried to create for that matter. I'm going to try pulling the source over to another computer come this Thursday, but in the mean time I'll re-install MMF and see if that works. Thankfully not all hope is lost.
Lurk more.

Offline PeppyHare4000

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2010, 00:19:09 »
I'm starting to think it was a windows or MMF screw-up rather than a source error. Not just the KS ACO source got messed up, but also the regular, un-touched KS source and any other MMF document I tried to create for that matter. I'm going to try pulling the source over to another computer come this Thursday, but in the mean time I'll re-install MMF and see if that works. Thankfully not all hope is lost.

Thats good to hear. I actually consider this an updated version of Knytt Stories v1.2.1, Its that good.

« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2010, 01:21:47 »
Well, it looks like it was an MMF problem after all. The document, when being tested, is soundless. As an exe, however, it works fine. :D
Lurk more.

« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2010, 01:43:37 »
Did I tell you guys about the most recent catastrophic failure? I guess I didn't. Well, basically the game is doing something like cumulative collision masks for each screen you enter. I mean WTF? I don't even have any idea what's going wrong.
Lurk more.