KS mod, ACO

• 70 Replies
Re: KS mod, ACO
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2010, 03:34:35 »
Please do not expect any further updates regarding KSA. I have many other projects now, and have basically moved on to other things. If you have questions regarding KSA, please ask here, but do not expect me to answer. I will also not be releasing the source or other materials. Other KS mods may use concepts from KSA, but I would like any graphics that are not original KS or slightly modified KS graphics to not be used anywhere. (Example, the KSA logo which is 100% original). If Nifflas sees problems with this or would like the source, etc, I will comply. Note that I will not offer support for KSA anymore, if that concerns you, then I recommend using normal KS. To that end, tho, if you like KSA then please enjoy it. I may or may not release an already-half-way-done version of KSA, that is much better, but do not expect it. In the same such fashion, I may release the source at a later date. It's very much up in the air right now. I am very happy that people like this mod, and I'm sure everyone was waiting for a new version. I can't say you'll get one, I am very sorry. I would like to end this on the note that you will see more of my creations eventually, but like everything else, I don't know when. Farewell, and enjoy KSA as-is. \o_
:/
Lurk more.

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2010, 05:25:38 »
I'll see what I can do about that  :shifty:
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.
:hiddenstar: - From Pumpkinbot

Offline BloxMaster

• Master of the Bloxes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2010, 01:40:39 »
Please do not expect any further updates regarding KSA. I have many other projects now, and have basically moved on to other things.
This still holds true, and I can say that I haven't touched KSA since November (and even then I only looked really). So basically I haven't edited it since I last posted in its topic. I'll take a moment to run through why it isn't likely to be merged into another mod: I still have to re-finish it, because remember the original Source got corrupt and I never finished the new version to replace it, I don't have the motivation to finish it so it could be re-released, and finally there is a lot of work involved with collaboration on it, which means a lot of time that I don't really have will be used, too. I could just release the source, but again, it isn't done, it's not commented, it's messy, and I would like to keep track it.

Having said all of that, it's possible to convince me to release the source. But my honest opinion is that I don't think I did anything that someone else couldn't do (maybe even better) in their own KS mod. I already have a lot of projects I have going, and KSA just isn't one. I would rather work on another one of my projects because I simply enjoy them more.

I haven't given up KS modding, and there is always a possibility of another KS mod from me. I have plenty of ideas but I can say that it just isn't going to be in KSA. I'm very happy that people still think about my mod, and I am sorry I could not keep up with it. If you have questions or comments please PM me, I'll see it. :)

« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2010, 02:15:56 »
the original Source got corrupt
Ouch..
Lurk more.

Offline victor12

• AKA victory man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2010, 10:49:07 »
i love you.
*throws a :hiddenstar: to Purple Pineapple*
EDIT:✘ WHERE ARE MY MAPS??!!??
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 11:21:36 by victor12 »
*victorY12 wants his nickname on the forums changed.
*victorY12 is not dead, he's still hanging out on IRC.
Spoiler: this forum's visitors (click to show/hide)
NOTE:If you see it, a new flag will appear
Ask me anything.

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2010, 01:43:19 »
WHERE ARE MY MAPS??!!??
I beg your pardon?

EDIT: If you installed it to your knyttstories directory and clicked to replace all, it may have overwritten your levels. Alternately, it could have been placed in a sub folder in your Knytt Stories folder, and therefore be attempting to find your levels one level too low.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 02:04:54 by Purple Pineapple »
Lurk more.

« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2010, 07:59:28 »
*bump* Version 1.2.0 is coming within 24 hours! Check the first post for updates.
Lurk more.

Offline PeppyHare4000

• My time in this forum is over...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2010, 16:35:13 »
if only my computer was fast enough to use this :(
It would be cool if you added these
BANK 13
The red, green and black cannons that shoots at the direction of right.
A Left moving laser.
marble shooter that shoots at the direction of left
Maybe change the design of bank 254 from random colors to a color with a text saying "ACO Special Features"

This would make level editing a bit easier. Not that you have to do this...
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 22:43:11 by PeppyHare4000 »

« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2010, 18:15:49 »
It would be cool if you added these
BANK 13
The red, green and black cannons that shoots at the direction of right.
A Left moving laser.
marble shooter that shoots at the direction of left

This would make level editing a bit easier. Not that you have to do this...
Good idea. I will try to put something like this in 1.4.01.3.0

Edit: Hooray! 1.2.0 is out.
Lurk more.

Offline PeppyHare4000

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2010, 23:32:07 »
for the countdown timer, where in the ini file do i put this, If i want to have different timers, how does it work?

« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2010, 23:48:34 »
You cannot have more than one unique timer in a screen. The start timer objects are controlled by a string in the ini screen. For example,
Code: [Select]
[x1000y1000]
Timer=Down
TimerStart=120
would start a 2 minute countdown triggered by hitting a start object in screen 1000,1000.

Edit: You can start a timer on any screen you want with the start object, but you must hit the end object before you can start another.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 23:50:28 by Purple Pineapple »
Lurk more.

Offline PeppyHare4000

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2010, 00:02:54 »
You cannot have more than one unique timer in a screen. The start timer objects are controlled by a string in the ini screen. For example,
Code: [Select]
[x1000y1000]
Timer=Down
TimerStart=120
would start a 2 minute countdown triggered by hitting a start object in screen 1000,1000.

Edit: You can start a timer on any screen you want with the start object, but you must hit the end object before you can start another.

its not working, i put it with the sign A ini. Help me please

« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2010, 00:15:35 »
I can't understand why. Could you post a screenshot of the screen in the editor and the ini code for that screen? Also, did you download version 1.2.0 from the first post?
Lurk more.

Offline PeppyHare4000

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2010, 00:27:11 »
here it is
By the way, I wonder if LPChip would accept ACO Levels in the new level archive, i might be using ACO to level edit for now on, It has good features
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 00:52:34 by PeppyHare4000 »

« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2010, 01:43:43 »
Hmm.. If you die right after triggering the timer, try setting the time obscenely high. It may be that I'm working in the wrong units. I shall investigate this farther.

P.S. I don't believe the death maker tile works other than to revert enemies that have been pacified.

P.P.S. You figured out how to use the angelic tile on liquid. C)
Lurk more.