KS mod, ACO

• 70 Replies

Offline Firecat

• Every bit is important.
    • View Profile
Re: KS mod, ACO
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2009, 21:14:24 »
It will be a square of the size of the CO, but doesnt matter considering the new CO movement. (BTW PP you should add pinball movement for bullets)
There's 110011 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, Those who don't, and those who confuse it with ASCII.

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2009, 22:19:08 »
Rectangle, actually. *pinball movement added to 2 do list.*
Lurk more.

Offline kaizoman666

• I'm a flasher.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2010, 17:05:11 »
Is there any way to merge this with Looki's editor mod?
:hiddenstar::hiddenstar::hiddenstar::hiddenstar::hiddenstar:

Offline Looki

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2010, 19:00:56 »
What do you mean by 'merge'? Just put my level editor in the Knytt Stories folder, it's not possible to have both editors' features at the same time though.

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2010, 19:56:42 »
I think both editors (Looki's and mine) are used for interactivability.. or something like that. So long as you have the tiles from bank 254 (either Blox's or mine), you can use the editor and still have them work in the game (Blox's or mine). Did that make any sense?
Lurk more.

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2010, 20:22:45 »
Have you made a tile that's passable to Juni and impassable to sprites yet? That would be exceptionally useful...
No, actually. There's one like that in Blox's KS mod, which can be found here. Unfortunately, as Nifflas mentioned earlier, to make one would mean re-making a good part of the object behaviors. I know not how Bloxmaster accomplished it, but it seems to be what he did. The fact that certain bullets bounce off those walls, rather than are destroyed by them hints towards a remake of most of the behaviors, but I'm not certain.
Lurk more.

Offline Looki

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2010, 23:33:45 »
In a very old mod of mine that I never really released, I had such tiles as well. What I did was just add a collision event to ALL of the objects' behaviours. It took me some time but it works fine.

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2010, 23:48:09 »
Just as I suspected.
Lurk more.

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2010, 01:02:59 »
I love you. :D *downloads*

:hiddenstar: to Purple.
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2010, 05:03:08 »
Hoh, so someone is still interested in this. In that case, I'll finish up version 1.1.0
Lurk more.

Offline JC Grim the 'crete reaper

• I might be sick, broken, torn to pieces...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2010, 17:15:38 »
Hoh, so someone is still interested in this. In that case, I'll finish up version 1.1.0

I check this at least twice a day, everyday when I visit the site. I have certain threads I check daily... I just don't always have something to say. :)
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.

- George Orwell

Offline Sendy

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2010, 20:36:05 »
I'm also very interesed in this and may use it for a future level, if there is enough stability/support. Some of these features I wish were in the original KS.

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2010, 01:32:24 »
*bump* I'm releasing v 1.0.5. About the only thing I added was warp saves. The loop music tile is now invisible during gameplay. So are the other two in bank 254. I played around with them a bit too, but it's not working very well. Anyway, I also added one bouncy fish! Bank 18, object 255. It really only works on a solid green background, though. that will be fixed by v 1.1.0.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/psxv7h
Lurk more.

Offline Sendy

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2010, 22:17:36 »
I'm downloading to have a looksie. Don't want to get sidetracked from my main opus too much, but I will report my findings.

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2010, 22:43:09 »
I think this mod has some really good functionality, however I am already using KSA for my knytt stories stuff. maybe you should get in touch with BloxMaster to see if you could combine the two programs. Now THAT would end with an AWSMOE program!
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.
:hiddenstar: - From Pumpkinbot