Forum Logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 21, 2019, 08:09:01 | See new unread posts
Home Help Search Arcade Chat Login Register

nifflas.ni2.se  |  Nifflas' Support Forum  |  Being Creative  |  Nifflas' Sources  |  Topic: KS mod, ACO « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: KS mod, ACO  (Read 40196 times)
Purple Pineapple

Total My honestly gotten stars: 21

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2010, 03:34:35 »

Please do not expect any further updates regarding KSA. I have many other projects now, and have basically moved on to other things. If you have questions regarding KSA, please ask here, but do not expect me to answer. I will also not be releasing the source or other materials. Other KS mods may use concepts from KSA, but I would like any graphics that are not original KS or slightly modified KS graphics to not be used anywhere. (Example, the KSA logo which is 100% original). If Nifflas sees problems with this or would like the source, etc, I will comply. Note that I will not offer support for KSA anymore, if that concerns you, then I recommend using normal KS. To that end, tho, if you like KSA then please enjoy it. I may or may not release an already-half-way-done version of KSA, that is much better, but do not expect it. In the same such fashion, I may release the source at a later date. It's very much up in the air right now. I am very happy that people like this mod, and I'm sure everyone was waiting for a new version. I can't say you'll get one, I am very sorry. I would like to end this on the note that you will see more of my creations eventually, but like everything else, I don't know when. Farewell, and enjoy KSA as-is. \o_
:/

Lurk more.
AClockworkLemon

Total My honestly gotten stars: 2

-Inactive-

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2010, 05:25:38 »

I'll see what I can do about that  :shifty:

I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.
:hiddenstar: - From Pumpkinbot
BloxMaster
Beta Tester

Total My honestly gotten stars: 26

Master of the Bloxes!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2010, 01:40:39 »

Please do not expect any further updates regarding KSA. I have many other projects now, and have basically moved on to other things.
This still holds true, and I can say that I haven't touched KSA since November (and even then I only looked really). So basically I haven't edited it since I last posted in its topic. I'll take a moment to run through why it isn't likely to be merged into another mod: I still have to re-finish it, because remember the original Source got corrupt and I never finished the new version to replace it, I don't have the motivation to finish it so it could be re-released, and finally there is a lot of work involved with collaboration on it, which means a lot of time that I don't really have will be used, too. I could just release the source, but again, it isn't done, it's not commented, it's messy, and I would like to keep track it.

Having said all of that, it's possible to convince me to release the source. But my honest opinion is that I don't think I did anything that someone else couldn't do (maybe even better) in their own KS mod. I already have a lot of projects I have going, and KSA just isn't one. I would rather work on another one of my projects because I simply enjoy them more.

I haven't given up KS modding, and there is always a possibility of another KS mod from me. I have plenty of ideas but I can say that it just isn't going to be in KSA. I'm very happy that people still think about my mod, and I am sorry I could not keep up with it. If you have questions or comments please PM me, I'll see it. :)

Purple Pineapple

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2010, 02:15:56 »

the original Source got corrupt
Ouch..

Lurk more.
victor12

Total My honestly gotten stars: 0

AKA victory man.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2010, 10:49:07 »

i love you.
*throws a :hiddenstar: to Purple Pineapple*
EDIT:✘ WHERE ARE MY MAPS??!!??
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 11:21:36 by victor12 » Logged

*victorY12 wants his nickname on the forums changed.
*victorY12 is not dead, he's still hanging out on IRC.
Spoiler: this forum's visitors (click to show/hide)
NOTE:If you see it, a new flag will appear
Ask me anything.
Purple Pineapple

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2010, 01:43:19 »

WHERE ARE MY MAPS??!!??
I beg your pardon?

EDIT: If you installed it to your knyttstories directory and clicked to replace all, it may have overwritten your levels. Alternately, it could have been placed in a sub folder in your Knytt Stories folder, and therefore be attempting to find your levels one level too low.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 02:04:54 by Purple Pineapple » Logged

Lurk more.
Purple Pineapple

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2010, 06:59:28 »

*bump* Version 1.2.0 is coming within 24 hours! Check the first post for updates.

Lurk more.
PeppyHare4000

Total My honestly gotten stars: 4

My time in this forum is over...

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2010, 15:35:13 »

if only my computer was fast enough to use this :(
It would be cool if you added these
BANK 13
The red, green and black cannons that shoots at the direction of right.
A Left moving laser.
marble shooter that shoots at the direction of left
Maybe change the design of bank 254 from random colors to a color with a text saying "ACO Special Features"

This would make level editing a bit easier. Not that you have to do this...
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 21:43:11 by PeppyHare4000 » Logged
Purple Pineapple

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2010, 17:15:49 »

It would be cool if you added these
BANK 13
The red, green and black cannons that shoots at the direction of right.
A Left moving laser.
marble shooter that shoots at the direction of left

This would make level editing a bit easier. Not that you have to do this...
Good idea. I will try to put something like this in 1.4.01.3.0

Edit: Hooray! 1.2.0 is out.

Lurk more.
PeppyHare4000

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2010, 22:32:07 »

for the countdown timer, where in the ini file do i put this, If i want to have different timers, how does it work?
Purple Pineapple

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2010, 22:48:34 »

You cannot have more than one unique timer in a screen. The start timer objects are controlled by a string in the ini screen. For example,
Code:
[x1000y1000]
Timer=Down
TimerStart=120
would start a 2 minute countdown triggered by hitting a start object in screen 1000,1000.

Edit: You can start a timer on any screen you want with the start object, but you must hit the end object before you can start another.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 22:50:28 by Purple Pineapple » Logged

Lurk more.
PeppyHare4000

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2010, 23:02:54 »

You cannot have more than one unique timer in a screen. The start timer objects are controlled by a string in the ini screen. For example,
Code:
[x1000y1000]
Timer=Down
TimerStart=120
would start a 2 minute countdown triggered by hitting a start object in screen 1000,1000.

Edit: You can start a timer on any screen you want with the start object, but you must hit the end object before you can start another.

its not working, i put it with the sign A ini. Help me please
Purple Pineapple

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2010, 23:15:35 »

I can't understand why. Could you post a screenshot of the screen in the editor and the ini code for that screen? Also, did you download version 1.2.0 from the first post?

Lurk more.
PeppyHare4000

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2010, 23:27:11 »

here it is
By the way, I wonder if LPChip would accept ACO Levels in the new level archive, i might be using ACO to level edit for now on, It has good features

editor.png 
* editor.png  
* Ini File.txt (1.84 KB ~ Downloads: 354)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 23:52:34 by PeppyHare4000 » Logged
Purple Pineapple

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2010, 00:43:43 »

Hmm.. If you die right after triggering the timer, try setting the time obscenely high. It may be that I'm working in the wrong units. I shall investigate this farther.

P.S. I don't believe the death maker tile works other than to revert enemies that have been pacified.

P.P.S. You figured out how to use the angelic tile on liquid. C)

Lurk more.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
nifflas.ni2.se  |  Nifflas' Support Forum  |  Being Creative  |  Nifflas' Sources  |  Topic: KS mod, ACO « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length