First Colaboration

• 107 Replies

Offline PeppyHare4000

• My time in this forum is over...
    • View Profile
Re: First Colaboration
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2010, 05:08:06 »
ok ill make a "dump random planets here" star system called twigle!

i was also thinking of making a military base anyway  XD

for backgrounds take pictures then enhance them (what im doing).

what do u mean by enhance them

Offline smeagle

• Using Arch now
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2010, 06:02:01 »
like use gimp to blur/sharpen/filtercoulor etc  ;)

Offline SiamJai

• View Profile
    • A gaming blog like no other.
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2010, 06:52:37 »
Going along nicely! :)

My star system will have two landable objects. One is a blue planet (name pending), covered entirely in water. This stage focuses on exploration (both above- and underwater) and may have a battery charger hidden somewhere.

The other object is Fenix Flight, a proving ground where your flight skills will be put to the test in the most unusual way. ;) This one will have an item (it's exact nature depends on the storyline). 

More as it develops.

Offline Comhon

• View Profile
    • comhon.cz
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2010, 07:49:19 »
Level editing in Saira is really very hard. I can try make some level, but I don't know many things about the editor and I haven't a lot of time...

I have an idea of winter foggy planet (I have some photos of winter foggy nature) but I can't invent any good plot. So I can make nature and other people can place items. I'll try to make some creatues, but I don't know if they will be good.

I have troubles with the editor, I can't test the starmap, because the UFO doesn't work, and when I want to leave the planet, it says error. I think it's because cutscenes, so I need temporary episode with all necessary objects and files (like workable UFO and batery charger, etc...) like the temp level in KS.

PS I added alpha channel to my picture. Now I need to change the picture.
like this:
nothing - transparent
/
v
picture
/
v
nothing - transparen

Offline smeagle

• Using Arch now
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2010, 08:02:06 »
you dont need to check the starmap as that's what ill be doing when ive got all of the levels
ill be adding these to the first post

also you can put that "nature" planet in the dump random planets here star system!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 08:06:46 by smeagle »

Offline Comhon

• View Profile
    • comhon.cz
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2010, 09:56:11 »
I would to make playable episode for testing the planets.
I need to have workable sprites.ini without cutscenes. I tried everything what I could find but IT DOESN'T WORK!  :sick:>( I need temporary episode with all nescenary things. Can someone make it? I can't. :(

EDIT: I can try make some temp level, like in KS but I REALLY need help with cutscenes...
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 14:08:17 by Comhon »

Offline smeagle

• Using Arch now
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2010, 23:16:39 »
How many planets are you making ie why would you need to test multiple planet son one episode?
Couldnt you make multiple episodes with the planets, and test them that way?

Offline Comhon

• View Profile
    • comhon.cz
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2010, 14:25:28 »
How many planets are you making ie why would you need to test multiple planet son one episode?
Couldnt you make multiple episodes with the planets, and test them that way?
I was trying to make planets.
But the editing is really hard, and I don't know if I fininsh it.

Offline smeagle

• Using Arch now
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2010, 23:35:05 »
so, when you were trying to make planets, it wasn't working?
maybe copy the original episode and edit those planets(?)
is that what you mean?

Offline smeagle

• Using Arch now
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2010, 02:34:09 »
sorry for the double post, but if you have a screenshot of part of your level, send it to me and i can put it in the screenshots area along with mine!  <3 We can now say that the collaboration is getting somewere, as all the design is done, and now we just need all the levels done!

Btw, i will attach the crystals that are mentioned in the storyline, and you can use gimp to change the colour.
The second pic is the full picture for the pda

ill work on the medalion pieces now
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 02:36:59 by smeagle »

Offline PeppyHare4000

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2010, 17:15:13 »
Oh man, I should get started with my planet, I was so busy with school.
How can you draw a planet like nifflas.
How can you draw an item like the red gem
Im going to try to start off with the Luminous crystal tip.

Feel free to kick me out if i am not helping at all, I don't think i got anywhere :(
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 17:24:21 by PeppyHare4000 »

Offline Widget

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2010, 20:16:20 »
The gem has already been provided by smeagle. To create the red version, simply colourise (colorise, I think, for US english... though maybe it's a 'Z'... I dunno  :P) the images in a program like Paintshop Pro, Photoshop or Gimp (which is free, if you don't already own suitable software).

Edit: I was gonna try doing a quick and dirty red version, but I've got nothing installed >< Also, it occurred to me that mentioning the names of commercial software is kinda... well, it's basically free advertising which I'm not so keen on  :/ I dunno, I think it's potentially useful but I'll change it if needs be  <_<
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 20:20:36 by Widget »

Offline PeppyHare4000

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2010, 21:57:53 »
The gem has already been provided by smeagle. To create the red version, simply colourise (colorise, I think, for US english... though maybe it's a 'Z'... I dunno  :P) the images in a program like Paintshop Pro, Photoshop or Gimp (which is free, if you don't already own suitable software).

Edit: I was gonna try doing a quick and dirty red version, but I've got nothing installed >< Also, it occurred to me that mentioning the names of commercial software is kinda... well, it's basically free advertising which I'm not so keen on  :/ I dunno, I think it's potentially useful but I'll change it if needs be  <_<

I have to do something much harder. Im making the crystal parts so i must find a way to seperate the pieces while it looks like it is really broken. Not only do i have to colourize the crystal but make it glow very bright.
These are the 3 crystal parts: Luminous Crystal Tip, Luminous Crystal Body and Luminous Crystal Core.

I am going to have to do alot of good quality drawing to make these items or enhance them (it is hard to find a good picture)

Anyways, Good job smeagle. You have put way more effort than i did.

Offline Widget

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2010, 22:19:44 »
I have to do something much harder. Im making the crystal parts so i must find a way to seperate the pieces while it looks like it is really broken. Not only do i have to colourize the crystal but make it glow very bright.
These are the 3 crystal parts: Luminous Crystal Tip, Luminous Crystal Body and Luminous Crystal Core.

I am going to have to do alot of good quality drawing to make these items or enhance them (it is hard to find a good picture)

Anyways, Good job smeagle. You have put way more effort than i did.

Ah right, I see what you mean. Unfortunately, I think your crystal pieces and smeagle's whole crystal are functionally incompatible...  :/

The pieces tip, body and core are suggestive of a crystal far more like a quartz crystal (a multi-sided crystal rising from a uniform base to a "shoulder" and then to a point) than a polished gemstone such as smeagle has created. Under these circumstances, though, I must admit I'd be more inclined to rethink the relationship between crystal "pieces" than the artwork itself  X-P

Within a fantasy environment, does a multi-part crystal have to be truly shattered, or would an additive overlay be equally effective?  ;)

Offline smeagle

• Using Arch now
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2010, 02:04:16 »
oop.. i haven't been here for like 4 days  XD

so..
i think that i should just make one crystal that has say 8 shattered parts?
then there would be the same number of parts to make up the medallion to open the door
yeah, that sounds good, time to redraw the crystal!

also, if you need music, you can ask someone in the helper section, like my sister!