Anime Studio Files

• 15 Replies

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
Anime Studio Files
« on: December 17, 2009, 12:54:45 »
Here are a few "anime studio pro" files which can be used as a template to create more characters, if you have a tool to arrange the exported animation into a tile sheet.

Offline Comhon

• View Profile
    • comhon.cz
Re: Anime Studio Files
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 12:56:40 »
How to open them?  :huh:

Offline smeagle

• Using Arch now
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 12:59:24 »

Offline LightningEagle

• Who's the wacko, you say?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 19:39:24 »
Here are a few "anime studio pro" files which can be used as a template to create more characters, if you have a tool to arrange the exported animation into a tile sheet.

Neat...! :)

Did you use a specific program to arrange the frames?

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 00:26:27 »
Anyone know of a good freeware alternative to Anime Studio Pro?

Offline smeagle

• Using Arch now
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2009, 00:31:35 »
 :shifty:
Link
(the first one)

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2009, 01:44:14 »
Yeah yeah, following that logic there would be no need to have forums at all.  Everyone could just search everything on Google in complete isolation and never ask anyone for opinions or recommendations.  Honestly, I use Google as a last resort after asking actual human beings for advice.  :P

Offline SiamJai

• View Profile
    • A gaming blog like no other.
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2009, 02:10:37 »
Wow, thanks Nifflas! :)

Now there is really no excuse for re-using your animations for custom levels (though I wouldn't be surprised if some did that anyway...  X) ).

Offline LightningEagle

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2009, 12:39:21 »
Okay, I downloaded the trial for anime studio pro and played around a little but it appears that export animation is disabled in the trial.

I did a "Christmas edition" of Saira.  :D

I hope someone might be able to extract it as an animation or maybe you could do it Nifflas? pretty please...  :^^:

Anyway it's included.

For people interested, see the snapshot here:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/LightningEagle/sairanisse.png

Offline smeagle

• Using Arch now
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2009, 13:16:13 »
I dint realise how big her eyes are  X-P
I might try the demo!

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2009, 16:19:26 »
I would happily convert that animation to a sprite sheet for you, but I'm thinking that perhaps it would be best if a few of you put together a zip file of various players and enemies that you want me to convert to sprite sheets so I can do many at once, that probably saves a lot of time for us all!

Offline LightningEagle

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2009, 21:17:04 »
I would happily convert that animation to a sprite sheet for you, but I'm thinking that perhaps it would be best if a few of you put together a zip file of various players and enemies that you want me to convert to sprite sheets so I can do many at once, that probably saves a lot of time for us all!
Of course, great idea ;)

Hear that everyone? This means the trial of the program will be enough for us, at least for now.  :D

Offline LightningEagle

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2009, 22:33:51 »
Sorry 'bout the double post

@Nifflas: Do you have a certain pattern for different kinds of creatures when animating them?
For instance... I noticed that type=walkers primarily have a certain pattern.

* around 75-80 frames
* some 24-25 frames for walking animation in the beginning
* some 15 frames for jumping animation in the end
* rest is a position where it stands still but appears to breath or something since it body grows a bit and shrink.

Should we know some key times to spend on each when doing animations for this game?

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2009, 01:09:09 »
The number of frames certain creature types needs are fixed, so it's not just around, but exactly the right number of frames. I've sent you anime studio pro files for various creatures though so I'm sure you can work out how many frames of animations that each use for it's possible movements by looking at the files (or you can test modify the sprite sheets to make sure). I don't have the numbers at the moment since I'm not at my work PC.

Offline LightningEagle

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2009, 14:37:16 »
The number of frames certain creature types needs are fixed, so it's not just around, but exactly the right number of frames. I've sent you anime studio pro files for various creatures though so I'm sure you can work out how many frames of animations that each use for it's possible movements by looking at the files (or you can test modify the sprite sheets to make sure). I don't have the numbers at the moment since I'm not at my work PC.

Okay, thanks. I'll look into it. The reason I wondered was that the Blue Spider from Bormine, Polvere, which is also a type=walker in the sprites.ini seem to have 77 frames whereas the rest of the walkers appear to have 75 frames.