Tantrum. Feel free to join.

• 52 Replies
Re: Tantrum. Feel free to join.
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2009, 05:43:26 »
Ahahaha... I suppose that was all I was trying to say... I'm the least concise person ever   :crazy:

« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2009, 05:49:22 »
As soon at I started this game, and there was Saira standing on Lomond, with the sound of the breeze blowing through those trees waving in the background, I thought, "Ahhhh... Nifflas has not let us down!  Another masterpiece!"  Seriously, I thought that as soon as I saw the first screen, before I even touched a key.  But the game only got better from there.  None of the aspects that make Nifflas's style so amazing are missing from this game.

i had a similar reaction, but it was more a feeling of being back home, like "ahh, it's good to be back in a nifflas-created world". i don't want to gush too much, though, because there's already enough of that in this thread and it's becoming a bit redundant. nifflas shouldn't need reassuring that his game is great, it should be obvious. we're all here because of it. i understand it can be upsetting because negative voices are much louder in our minds than positive ones, and when you create something you think is beautiful and other people just dismiss, it can be heartbreaking. but if those people can't appreciate the beauty in saira, that's their loss.

(There are too many people these days who are cynical about anything and everything and have nothing but petty, hateful things to say.  We must always do our best to ignore them.)

i agree. it seems to me that it's hate, not love, that makes the world go around. some kind of human negativity instinct. i hate cynicism. i hate negativity. i'm human and i'm a walking paradox.

well, more of a sitting paradox. :crazy:

Calm down?
Yes, I will take any pill,
red or blue or purple.
Wait a minute, that might hurt my only weeks old child

congratulations. :)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 05:52:20 by heartskuppy »

Offline Ax

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2009, 07:13:29 »
You know what...this game absolutely rocks!  I'm not kidding.  The visuals are stunning and beautiful (not to mention a fresh take on the classic Nifflas style).  The controls are slick and the character moves with an awesome sense of weight and momentum.  I know that it is this very thing that has led to many complaints, but I love it.  Most important of all the game lets me fly around in a space ship while playing pinball.

COME ON!  It does not get any better than that.  Even my girlfriend who has never gotten into your games before got drawn into some of the logic puzzles.

You knocked this one out of the park and my excitement for Nightsky has grown even greater than before.  Now quit moping and take over the world all ready.  I have an "All Hail Nifflas" banner all printed up and ready to hang out in front of my house.

P.S. More Saira episodes.  Make them...OR ELSE.  Actually I have no ending for that, since I could never hurt you, the great and mighty overlord of being awesome.

I <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 Nifflas.  But in a completely heterosexual way.  I don't want you guys getting the wrong idea about me :crazy:

Offline TheoX

• Lost in retro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2009, 13:35:35 »
This topic is cute. :)

Beomene, how do you even know Nifflas was sad or disappointed?  It's definitely nice to care, but I think you were jumping to conclusions because of how certain comments made YOU feel (even though there are more positive than negative, which has been stated already).

Anyway, not trying to put a damper on things here, I agree with what everyone has said.  If Nifflas was ever feeling down, I bet he isn't now!
Miscellany:
My Website
My Chiptune Music
Currently: Having fun at college.

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2009, 16:13:11 »
Thanks everyone! It means a lot that you like what I do! Once I have relaxed a bit I'll get started on something new. Right now I feel like I want to focus on small productions for a while.

Offline Jamie

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2009, 16:33:19 »
A very small number of people are upset because they were expecting another knytt and they didn't get it. They got a new game, and it's awesome.

Offline dvit

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2009, 17:46:21 »
Yeah, that seemed to be the gist of it.

The only thing that I didn't like about it was that the graphics on the main part (don't know the proper name..) was boring half the time, but the back and foregrounds were cool enough to make up for it.

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2009, 19:23:10 »
The only thing that I didn't like about it was that the graphics on the main part (don't know the proper name..) was boring half the time, but the back and foregrounds were cool enough to make up for it.
Actually, I think that's the point.
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backloggery (click to show/hide)

Offline Beomene

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2009, 21:01:53 »
This topic is cute. :)

Beomene, how do you even know Nifflas was sad or disappointed?  It's definitely nice to care, but I think you were jumping to conclusions because of how certain comments made YOU feel (even though there are more positive than negative, which has been stated already).

Anyway, not trying to put a damper on things here, I agree with what everyone has said.  If Nifflas was ever feeling down, I bet he isn't now!

I'm not gonna go into details,
but I spoke to him on the phone.
I'm kind of a phone-psychic, y'know, I hear what you say as well as what you're not saying simultaneously.
*concieted smile*

Maybe we can give you a Saira-directors cut DVD where I tell each excruciating detail,
whilst Nifflas in a polite way claim I exaggerate,
but for now, I'm gonna be a bit mysterious and enigmatic and so forth...

We will meet tomorrow, signing papers and stuff.
I will amass all my empathy, which will propably make my eyes glow an eerie yellow, and peer at him whenever he is not looking, to try to delve into his mind without him noticing.
And if he notices, well, fail... But at least I will know how he's feeling.

And thanks for the congratulations Heartskuppy...!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 21:08:05 by Beomene »

Offline Ax

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2009, 22:07:29 »
Thanks everyone! It means a lot that you like what I do! Once I have relaxed a bit I'll get started on something new. Right now I feel like I want to focus on small productions for a while.

Small productions, eh?  Quark simulator CONFIRMED.  Live the life of everyone's favorite sub-atomic particle--Nifflas style.

Offline LightningEagle

• Who's the wacko, you say?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2009, 22:26:06 »
Small productions, eh?  Quark simulator CONFIRMED.  Live the life of everyone's favorite sub-atomic particle--Nifflas style.
Shh... Don't go there! He might do it...  :O

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2009, 23:41:04 »
Nah... Nano Pack 2!!! :P
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline TheoX

• Lost in retro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2009, 18:39:29 »
Spoke to him on the phone eh Beomene?  I suppose I can't argue with you then; you heard his tone of voice and such.  :P
Miscellany:
My Website
My Chiptune Music
Currently: Having fun at college.

Offline Beomene

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2009, 17:52:06 »
Spoke to him on the phone eh Beomene?  I suppose I can't argue with you then; you heard his tone of voice and such.  :P

Yep. I didn't need my psychic powers, he was quite frank about his feelings that time.

Well, speaking about moods; he passed with flying colours yesterday!
He already mentioned one idea he has for the next game, I got really intrigued. Well, who wouldn't... ^_ ^

I love his apartment, lots of nes Mario and instruments everywhere.

Offline PeppyHare4000

• My time in this forum is over...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2009, 00:28:51 »
Nifflas, the people that thought saira sucked, They don't appreciate very good games like this. They are probably playing crappy computer games.

Saira was one of the most awesome games from you (although ive only played the demo). The puzzles were a good feature to this game like the maze and crystal one for example. The fact that you explore space is very awesome. The level editing is a little hard like the notepading for example but i don't think its too hard because i just take a look at the notepad files in your own episodes. I think the hardest part is the planet design and graphics. I need a bit of help on that.

Saira is basically a 2010 version of knytt stories except...
Exploring space
Puzzles
High quality planet pictures
and more

If you have the time nifflas, make more episodes for saira. I would like a good extension to the game.
The episode is short (Its like a big, awesome present in a small box)

Cheer up nifflas, The haters have to face that your games are AWESOME :nuts: