Re: Saira working on Mac with Parallels Desktop?

• 7 Replies

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« on: December 15, 2009, 17:11:19 »
if you're a Mac user, you know how big a sacrifice that is... ;)
To be honest, there isn't really that much difference between macs and PCs. I use both regularly, and I've got to say that I kinda like windows more, if only because Explorer > Finder. [/offtopic]
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline Looki

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 18:06:24 »
Please, I know it's not necessary but I want to say this.
The Explorer is one of the worst file browsing programs ever, and its search is just inconsistent and partially slow. I don't want to know how bad Mac's search must be... :P

Offline LightningEagle

• Who's the wacko, you say?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 18:42:33 »
I don't want to know how bad Mac's search must be... :P

Mac's spotlight (search program) is actually terrific as far as I know.  :O

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 21:15:58 »
Yeah, its better, but that's not the problem.
Finder completely lacks the "up" button (I'm not sure what its really called, so see the attachment), which makes the only useful view the row view, and it doesn't always let you use that for some reason.
So basically, if you open a folder with a shortcut, or get sent there by a program, the only way to get to the folder above is to navigate back to the desktop and go from there. :/

Anyways, we should get back on topic...
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline smeagle

• Using Arch now
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 01:05:06 »
Windows 7 or vista dosen't have it either, That is why i downgraded  :nuts: :crazy:
BUT.
The topic is about if saira works on mac parallels desktop, so can someone inform me what that is?
But cant you just use WINE?

Offline LightningEagle

• Who's the wacko, you say?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 09:33:45 »
Windows 7 or vista dosen't have it either, That is why i downgraded  :nuts: :crazy:

They don't? Anyway, I'm very sure Backspace still works as a shortcut.

Offline oebchen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2009, 13:33:19 »
Whoa, I'm sorry if I have started a whole Apple/Microsoft debate, that was not my intention! That was just supposed to be a funny sidenote, a little tongue-in-cheek since I had the impression that even many Vista users aren't completely convinced of the quality of their product, I certainly didn't mean to challenge anyone's view on operating systems or even start an OS war! Should I have done so, I would be more than willing to edit that out of my original post, and a mod could delete all the posts not relevant to this thread.

Anyway...

cant you just use WINE?

The Mac distribution of Wine is called Darwine, and I usually use it to run Windows applications - however, there are many programmes that won't work, at least not on my computer (OS X 10.5.8, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM) with my version of Darwine (1.1.19), if that makes any difference at all.

Typical errors are the following: sometimes dll or mfx files are missing, sometimes it is not able to display the interface correctly, or some functions are missing, like the fullscreen function in KS, or "unexpected errors" happen which shut down the whole application. Saira is one of those games that won't work. I could retry it to see what kind of error there is, if you are interested - I'd just have to download the demo again, but I'll get back to you.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: Re: Saira working on Mac with Parallels Desktop?
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2009, 15:42:52 »
Since this topic went off-topic quite much, I've splitted it off. For reference, I haven't deleted it yet, but I'm locking this. It'll be deleted eventually.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex