3D Quest is finished

• 4 Replies
3D Quest is finished
« on: December 16, 2009, 01:46:38 »
My first Knytt Stories level is finished and on the level archive
"Meow Tse Tongue - 3D Quest".

It uses 3D photo backgrounds with invisible blocks.  It may be hard to figure out at first where you can and can't walk, but just explore all over, jump around, see what you can and can't walk on.  I've sealed up all access to voids and I don't think there are any glitches, so you should stay within the game.  P.S.  There are two possible endings.

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
Re: 3D Quest is finished
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 01:52:42 »
Wrong board. :P
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 02:24:20 »
Yeah, brain fart or something.   So should I wait for someone to move it, or type it again over there?
I'll just wait, don't wanna junk up the boards even more.   Still gettin used to this place. 

D'oh!

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 14:17:09 »
I think the concept is very interesting, and one some of the screens it worked beautifully. I.e. the first screen, the river screen with the save point, the desert with the camels, the forest screen with the high jump. But then OUCH, you bump into the normal KS tilesets and it looks really bad, that tree and everything. And everything done in normal KS tilesets is far too basic, clashing with the rest of the level.

And then there were glitches. I never figured how to pass the cave. Once you jump to the other side of the screen, you have nowhere to go, and once you jump to the "sign" thingy, you get shifted to a screen with a sunlit house... I mean, what? The cave either shifts you there, or shifts you to some odd version of itself, which puts you into a wallswim, and you float up, to a screen with some grassy tiles over the cave background, and you die there.

Apart from that, there were many mismatched backgrounds. Jump above the Greenland (or wherever it is) town screen and you get a standard KS background... was it so difficult to just make a .png filled with the color of the sky from that town picture? Or the worse example, the first cave screen. Enter the cave, don't go anywhere, just jump above the screen and... and it's trees. And from there, you can fall through some tree screens to a village screen.

So yeah, a wonderful idea, but I think it needs much, much more work to, er, work. Choose different tilesets and furnish them with some background tiles, make navigation easier, etc. Sorry, just what I thought  :/
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 14:31:47 by yohji »

Offline Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 03:02:57 »
You need to use the  [/v] tags when you list your finished things. :)

✔ MyKS Level

its so refreshing!

(and I cant wait to play your level!)