Mafia 8- Day 2

• 194 Replies

Offline Lunar_Tick

• "Do not disturb my circles"
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 8- Day 1
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2009, 22:15:34 »
Im saving my vote for Dataflashsabot for now because mostly something happens when he plays Mafia.
This post seems to explain why you haven't voted for Data. It gives the reason for withholding the vote on him because 'something happens when he plays mafia'. Quizzical, at least. Why would a proneness to 'make something happen' indicate scummyness or towniness? This question would be answerable if Peppy actually defines what she means by 'something happens'.

I think the assertion also tends to be wrong. I seem to remember me having to pester Data for being inactive quite regularly in earlier games. Although I may be mistaken.
That leads me to this: I find it queer that Peppy is metagaming. The first requirement for being even a halfdecent metagamer (which is pretty much impossible, as metagaming is pure conjecture) is being a veteran mafia player at this forum. Which I think she is not.

From past experience (little as it may be with her), Peppyhare is very much the Chaotic Neutral. In a game like mafia, it doesn't pay to give such players the benefit of the doubt or let them stay in the game longer at the expense of more useful but perhaps even more suspicious ones.

Ill change my mind when people are more suspicious to me
These are the utterances of a most classic Chaotic Neutral.
Rather, a player who either hasn't quite got to grips with the general concepts of mafia, or is purposefully being... chaotic neutral.
Why on Earth would others' opinions of a statement of yours directly influence it? The only case this occurs is if you are mafia.
I see this as a Chaotic Neutral tell rather than a scumtell.

Hmmm... Peppy, might want to avoid saying things like that, unless you really want to be lynched.
Out of pure interest in having more than one line of inquiry, what do you mean by that? What shouldn't Peppy be saying?

Kaizo wishes him to not say things like that. Kaizo's tone seems to imply that he wishes her to be silenced (at least for his own good).
His tone also implies that he's biased against lynching her, that he would rather have her shut up if she is scummy rather than scratch away at her scummyness until it is uncovered.
A townie should take a townie up for every action of said second townie that they see as scummy. As it is clear that you see at least some of Peppy's words at least somewhat scummy (I'm not sure if I agree, that's beside the point) you most definitely should be poking at those things you see as scumtells, not trying to tell Peppy not to say such things, even if it is for her own good. For all you know, she might be scum, right?
(Again if Peppy's actions are actually scummy is beside the point. I am talking about your response to a perceived scummy action as opposed to the response of a regular townie, the responses are most different).

Mochaalatte
Νίψον ἀνομήματα μὴ μόναν ὄψιν

Offline Budja

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2009, 23:19:17 »
Don't just criticise Peppy. Give him a chance to improve. I don't want deadweight in the town.

@Peppy, Town want to find scum, they have to scumhunt. Finding scum is more important to the Town than surviving. Trying to appease people to avoid being lynched will get you lynched. Trying to find scum will make you more pro-town.
(The good thing is that even if scum know this they still slip up :P)

Offline PeppyHare4000

• My time in this forum is over...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2009, 02:20:01 »
Im saving my vote for Dataflashsabot for now because mostly something happens when he plays Mafia.

Means random vote

Offline PeppyHare4000

• My time in this forum is over...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 24, 2009, 02:23:08 »

Peppy actually defines what she means by 'something
[/quote]

You do realize im male, right.

Offline Budja

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2009, 03:45:22 »
Nope, Peppy. That's not a random vote.

A vote has power, a vote pushes a person towards their lynch. A vote scares scum.
There is a reason random voting is a good way to start, eventually someone will crack :P.

A "threat of a potential future vote" is not very threatening. Its weak.

Offline Mochaalatte

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2009, 05:38:51 »
I decide to unvote:Dataflashsabot until more information develops.
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
Bluh bluh. I have this thing now.

Offline kaizoman666

• I'm a flasher.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2009, 15:55:58 »
Hmmm... Peppy, might want to avoid saying things like that, unless you really want to be lynched.
Out of pure interest in having more than one line of inquiry, what do you mean by that? What shouldn't Peppy be saying?

What I mean by that is saying things like
Ill change my mind when people are more suspicious to me.
sounds kind of scummy. Since Peppy is still somewhat new to this, I just wanted to point out that its those kind of things that make people sound like scum.
:hiddenstar::hiddenstar::hiddenstar::hiddenstar::hiddenstar:

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 25, 2009, 21:17:06 »
I can't post much for a while. It would be nice if you don't lynch me for being inactive. C)

Means random vote
A random vote is not a scumtell. The mafia rarely has anything to gain from voting randomly.
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline Lunar_Tick

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2009, 12:06:18 »
Wait, what? [ etc...]
Limelemon does seem rather quiet despite his exaggerations.

Don't just criticise Peppy. Give him a chance to improve. I don't want deadweight in the town.
I apologise if I came off as over critical.

Theiza
Ain't no OMGUS, she hasn't posted in a while.
I would gladly go with a most inactive vote this D1. I mean, with the holidays were not going to get much conversation.
So yeah.

Offline Budja

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2009, 12:35:52 »
A decent start anyway.
unvote, vote Theiza
POST!

@Lunar, I was just trying to mix some teaching with the criticism.

@Moch, how do you expect to get information then eh? It's the duty of all town to scumhunt.
@Kaizoman, is it more likely in your opinion that Peppy's actions were a newb tell or a scum tell?
@the lurkers, post before I vote everyone of you :P.

« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2009, 14:41:51 »
post post postity post post post. Still not much to go on v0v

Also sorry for inactivity, Christmas etc.

Offline theiza27

• 'allo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2009, 18:02:57 »
ok i'm here! sheesh... happy holidays all :)

Offline kaizoman666

• I'm a flasher.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #57 on: December 28, 2009, 22:51:40 »
@Kaizoman, is it more likely in your opinion that Peppy's actions were a newb tell or a scum tell?
All I was saying was that what Peppy said would make people assume he was a Mafia member, whether he is or not. I don't want new(ish) players getting lynched because they said something that was taken the wrong way.
:hiddenstar::hiddenstar::hiddenstar::hiddenstar::hiddenstar:

Offline Shawnachu

• Contemplating
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2009, 20:40:15 »
Vote Update

Lunar_Tick: (1) Thieza27
Limelemon: (1) Razzorman
Budja (1) kaizoman666
Theiza27 (2) Lunar_Tick, Budja

5 to lynch.

Alive
theiza27
Mochaalatte
Budja
Limelemon
Peppyhare4000
Dataflashsabot
Razzorman
Lunar_Tick
kaizoman666

2 days left to vote. If you want to request an extension then feel free to do so.

Offline Lunar_Tick

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2009, 22:43:49 »
I may be picking at old scabs but I'm not sure that you guys got my gist.

Since Peppy is still somewhat new to this, I just wanted to point out that its those kind of things that make people sound like scum.
My point being, Kaizoman, that you can't know if what Peppy said was a slip (he just said something that would make a townie sound like scum), or if he actually said something scummy because he's scum. The only possibility of you knowing this for sure is that you are scum.
The fact that you didn't acknowledge the possibility that Peppy could be scum is weird, its too friendly, it comes in contradiction to what a selfish townie would do.

As it is clear that you see at least some of Peppy's words at least somewhat scummy you most definitely should be poking at those things you see as scumtells, not trying to tell Peppy not to say such things, even if it is for her own good. For all you know, she might be scum, right?

@Peppy: What do you think about all this? Was Kaizo right to assume the best of you? Did Kaizoman ignore an opportunity to find some scum? Should the town in general adopt the tenets of 'innocent until proven guilty' and 'reasonable doubt'?
The town can feel free to answer these, obviously.

@mod: So, what happens when our time is up?

I can't post much for a while. It would be nice if you don't lynch me for being inactive. C)

It looks like were going to lynch someone for being inactive, at least as a show of will.
What do you think we should do? Why shouldn't we lynch you for being inactive? (No I don't expect Razzor to answer these, but anyone else can, I suppose)