Mafia 8- Day 2

• 194 Replies

Offline Lunar_Tick

• "Do not disturb my circles"
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 8- Day 1
« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2009, 22:50:26 »
It looks like were going to lynch someone for being inactive, at least as a show of will.
Do you guys agree that we should lynch someone D1 regardless of suspicion? Is it correct, is it in our interests in this instance to remove him who drags us down the most?

It would surely be interesting to see what Theiza would do if there was a plurality (as opposed to majority) lynch coming up soon.

@mod: I'd like to ask for a possible elongation of D1. Maybe 24 hours? If things slow down (how slower could they possibly be) you could (should?) unexpectedly cut the deadline short.
Νίψον ἀνομήματα μὴ μόναν ὄψιν

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2009, 23:55:27 »
Since we don't have much evidence, I guess a inactive lynch is our best choice...
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backloggery (click to show/hide)

Offline Shawnachu

• Contemplating
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2009, 00:33:35 »
@Lunar: When time is up, the person with the most votes will be lynched. And I will extend the day until January 2, 3 days from now.

Offline Budja

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2009, 00:49:54 »
I'll shoot out a post this afternoon.

It would really help if people were more active (a little hypocritical I know).
"No vote, no evidence" is not good posting.

Offline PeppyHare4000

• My time in this forum is over...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2009, 00:49:59 »
@Lunar: Yea, It could be suspicious that he is not analyzing me but i am not sure that he is mafia yet. Kaizoman can either be mafia and he is trying to get me to say stuff that will make people suspicious of me but he can also be townie that is trying to help.

Im just not sure.

Offline kaizoman666

• I'm a flasher.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2009, 03:35:57 »
Kaizoman can either be mafia and he is trying to get me to say stuff that will make people suspicious of me
If that were true, I wouldn't be telling you not to say stuff.

My point being, Kaizoman, that you can't know if what Peppy said was a slip (he just said something that would make a townie sound like scum), or if he actually said something scummy because he's scum. The only possibility of you knowing this for sure is that you are scum.
The fact that you didn't acknowledge the possibility that Peppy could be scum is weird, its too friendly, it comes in contradiction to what a selfish townie would do.
I never said I didn't think that Peppy could be scum, I just said that some things he says will make people assume he's scum. Personally, I want these games to be more of a challenge rather then a Win-The-First-Day game (though that couldn't exactly happen).
:hiddenstar::hiddenstar::hiddenstar::hiddenstar::hiddenstar:

Offline theiza27

• 'allo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 31, 2009, 05:18:41 »
It would surely be interesting to see what Theiza would do if there was a plurality (as opposed to majority) lynch coming up soon.

i'm perhaps slow, but what is a plurality lynch?

i suppose i would be interested in what i would do as well because i have no idea what that is lolz :)

sorry i just read previous posts that i missed... i have the most votes due to inactivity... understandable... i can't take it back now... just hope that people find reasons to vote for someone else  :/

Offline Lunar_Tick

• "Do not disturb my circles"
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 31, 2009, 12:16:12 »
@Kaizoman:
I took it for granted you found Peppy a little scummy, at least.
What do you think about Peppy, and why?

I never said I didn't think that Peppy could be scum, I just said that some things he says will make people assume he's scum.
You didn't accuse him of being scummy when he was being scummy.
Why didn't you accuse him of being scummy?

Personally, I want these games to be more of a challenge rather then a Win-The-First-Day game (though that couldn't exactly happen).
Wait. You didn't follow up a legitimate lead because you felt that it would be too easy for the town to find some scum D1? Is that correct?

A plurality voting system is when the person with the most votes wins.
A majority voting system is then the person with the most votes wins, with the added restriction that to win you need more than half of the votes (a majority of the votes).

It looks like we'll be having a majority system (first person to get half all the players' votes gets lynched) unless the time limit elapses, in which case the person with the most votes gets lynched, regardless if there's only 3 out of 7 people voting for him or her (or you).

@Theiza: Who do you think we should vote instead of you? Who is the most likely to be a better choice to lynch rather than yourself?
Νίψον ἀνομήματα μὴ μόναν ὄψιν

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 31, 2009, 12:57:39 »
Why shouldn't we lynch you for being inactive?
Well, mostly because of my reason for being inactive. (Which I forgot to post because I am so smart)
I had a really horrible connection to the internet when I posted that, but it was going to get better after a few days.
Not that it's a very good reason, but whatever.
I need to read through the topic before I can start posting more seriously though, but that won't take long.
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline Razzorman

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 31, 2009, 14:51:00 »
I decide to unvote:Dataflashsabot until more information develops.
So basically, you are going to wait for a bandwagon to jump on? Why not try to gain some "information" on your own?

Offline theiza27

• 'allo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 01, 2010, 02:49:58 »
A plurality voting system is when the person with the most votes wins.
A majority voting system is then the person with the most votes wins, with the added restriction that to win you need more than half of the votes (a majority of the votes).

It looks like we'll be having a majority system (first person to get half all the players' votes gets lynched) unless the time limit elapses, in which case the person with the most votes gets lynched, regardless if there's only 3 out of 7 people voting for him or her (or you).

@Theiza: Who do you think we should vote instead of you? Who is the most likely to be a better choice to lynch rather than yourself?

thank you (duhh :sigh:)

umm i'm not really keeping a tally of who's been participating and who hasn't because i (obviously) haven't been here on a regular basis since the beginning of the holiday... but i suppose i'd say mochaalatte

i sort of wish we had started the new mafia game maybe a week into the new year but oh well.

Offline Mochaalatte

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 01, 2010, 07:02:27 »

*I pound my fist angrily on the desk*
I decide to unvote:Dataflashsabot until more information develops.
So basically, you are going to wait for a bandwagon to jump on? Why not try to gain some "information" on your own?

I'm very sorry sir, never been good at uprooting information.  In fact, I'm downright horrible at it. I should probably take more classes in law or something.

But the fact remains, information, in any sense of the word, does not mean " follow the crowd"; who says i will? Have I voted for Theiza? I think not. So please, excuse my ignorance for the time being.
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
Bluh bluh. I have this thing now.

Offline Razzorman

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 01, 2010, 13:10:32 »
@Mochaalatte

I'm very sorry sir, never been good at uprooting information.  In fact, I'm downright horrible at it. I should probably take more classes in law or something.
Pointless bashing.
Why are you getting so upset over a question?

But the fact remains, information, in any sense of the word, does not mean " follow the crowd"
Of course it doesn't. Information is a verb. This brings us to an interesting point though. What do you mean by information?
Do you mean a townie pointing out someone else as scummy, or do you mean a townie being scummy?
If it's the former, then you are just waiting for a bandwagon to happen.
If it's the latter, then I think that you should try to scummhunt more.

who says i will? Have I voted for Theiza? I think not. So please, excuse my ignorance for the time being.
You kind of implied it yourself, actually. I wasn't sure though, so I asked.
Also, I don't remember any bandwagons against thezia.

@theiza27

mochaalatte
Why? Can you explain your vote?

I just realized that I still have my random vote. X) I unvote.

Offline Shawnachu

• Contemplating
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 01, 2010, 15:13:39 »
Vote Update

Mochaalatte: (1) Theiza27
Budja (1) kaizoman666
Theiza27 (2) Lunar_Tick, Budja

5 to lynch.

Alive
theiza27
Mochaalatte
Budja
Limelemon
Peppyhare4000
Dataflashsabot
Razzorman
Lunar_Tick
kaizoman666

1 day left to vote. If you want to request an extension then feel free to do so.

Offline Mochaalatte

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 01, 2010, 18:00:54 »
@ budja/razzorman
A decent start anyway.
unvote, vote Theiza

The above is why I was suspecting a Theiza bandwagon. Granted, it was probably too early to consider it that, but regardless, tis always a possibility.

Leading off of that, I'd love to add this- let's all recall that there isn't just a mafia this time. There also happens to be a serial killer, who is a threat to both sides of the town- scum and innocent both.

And as such, i have 3 examples of people who have been getting my goat-

So, I'd like to state first @ Budja-
Your posts, thus far, have been only following Lunar_Tick's vote, your random vote, and defending Peppy.

Then, @Kaizoman-

All of your posts, with exempt of your random vote, have been defending Peppy.

And, following my above two posts, @ Peppy,

You've had two people defending you, it seems that one way or another, arrows are pointing to you being scum. as such, I declare my new vote-

vote: PeppyHare4000

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
Bluh bluh. I have this thing now.