Flashing Title Screen

• 9 Replies

Offline Styro

• View Profile
Flashing Title Screen
« on: December 14, 2009, 18:33:34 »
When I load the game I just get a flashing title screen (the screen with the menu options). I am assuming that it is not supposed to flash, is that correct? It is extremely hard to read. It seems like it is a framerate issue.

Any ideas what would cause that? It is hardly taking up any processing time on my CPU. I have a 2.4 GHz dual-core laptop (less than a year old) with 4 GB ram, so I cannot imagine that it is my machine (from reading other posts here).

I have tried full screen and windowed and they both do the same thing.

I have been craving a new Nifflas game for quite a while, so I am really hoping someone has an idea of how I can get it working.

Edit: This is version 1.1.
When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning. -Dr. Reiner Knizia

Offline LightningEagle

• Who's the wacko, you say?
    • View Profile

Offline Styro

• View Profile
Re: Flashing Title Screen
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 19:29:24 »
Yes, the same thing happens with version 1.0.  :(
When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning. -Dr. Reiner Knizia

Offline Candlelight

• "To light a candle is to cast a shadow..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 19:43:13 »
Hey there!
It'd be useful to know more details about your computer (at least OS and gfx card)
In the meantime, try updating your graphics card driver. It solves many more problems than you'd think, and can't hurt anyway

Offline Styro

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 20:12:34 »
Ah, yes! I forgot that. :)

Win XP Service Pack 3
Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family (I believe this is just the on-board graphics).

Offline .viR

• .r:-146[7]+
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 20:44:22 »
Have you updated your drivers recently?

Also, in case you haven't actually got into the game yet, the top one is "New Game" and has 3 save slots to the right, and the one below is "Load Game".
I like it.

Offline Styro

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 21:27:49 »
Yes, I tried updating my drivers and it said that I had the most recent version available.

I tried starting a game, but once I select a save slot the game itself is just as choppy as the title/menu screen was.

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2009, 00:12:20 »
Your onboard graphics probably isn't powerful enough to run the game. Do you have a computer with a dedicated (not onboard) video card? If not, I don't think you'll be able to play the game on your current machine.

Offline Styro

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2009, 05:45:51 »
Heh. It works on my old Pentium 4 2.6 GHz with only 1 Gig of ram. Though it is a little slow.  :huh:

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2009, 17:20:42 »
Onboard graphics cards are really not designed for hardware accelerated graphics. I bet your video card in your old pentium can handle it much better than your onboard graphics card, and is compensating for the fact that your pentium is slower.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex