How long is the game?

• 6 Replies
How long is the game?
« on: December 13, 2009, 11:02:31 »
Before I set out and buy Saira (and after having donated a few $ for KS) I was wondering if one could let me know how big is Saira.

The demo has 3 systems with 2 planets in each system, which means pretty much 6 levels, if I understand it correctly. I'm not done with the demo, but was wondering the other 3-4 systems have equal number of 'levels', or more?

I hope this won't include any spoilers in the replies. and thank you for your time.

Offline LightningEagle

• Who's the wacko, you say?
    • View Profile
Re: How long is the game?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 11:31:02 »
There are 7 systems as a total.

6 of them have 2 planets to visit and the last have 1, making it 13 planets in total.

EDIT: But of course, the full version will allow you to use custom episodes by other creators. Hopefully someone will create one, but currently we're just analyzing the possibilities and how the structure of an episode is supposed to be.  :)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 16:25:31 by LightningEagle »

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 15:59:05 »
And who knows... Maybe Nifflas creates a new episode sometime.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 16:01:36 »
That would be so cool! :D

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 16:05:58 »
So... the demo is almost 1/2 of the game? I hope I'm not hurting anyone with this kind of questions, but it does seem a little weird, from a marketing point of view...

Oh well, I'm off to check my paypal balance... ;) Thanks for your replies!

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2009, 16:23:16 »
There has been an extensive discussion concerning that. What Nifflas said is that he wanted the demo to be well known by itself, as he can't afford publicity.

Offline SiamJai

• View Profile
    • A gaming blog like no other.
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 04:10:12 »
I think that the number of levels is a rather inaccurate estimate for the length of the game.

In my experience, the demo levels were the easier lot that give the lowest-quality items. The remaining levels are more challenging, so it's likely that the average player will spend more time on those (Goldschmidt, for example). And of course, these are the ones yielding the best-quality items, a must for anyone who want to unlock the ultimate ending of the story... ;)