Customizable Puzzles

• 40 Replies

Offline LightningEagle

• Who's the wacko, you say?
    • View Profile
Re: Customizable Puzzles
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2010, 22:08:50 »
Finnally, even if you get the multple copies and entrances working, you still ahve teh problem with flags not beening shared between the copies (becaus they are really the different planets according to the game)
NOTE: Flags are shared between planets in the same star system.  ;)

The question, however, is whether or not you can create an invisible explorable planet in a star system? Invisible in the sense that it can't be seen when traveling between planets, and explorable in the sense that you can actually stroll around on the planet, if you are teleported to it.

EDIT: Incredible work on the customizable puzzle by the way...!  :D

Sadly, I am currently stationed on an Atom/ION computer which can't handle Saira properly.  :S
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 22:12:27 by LightningEagle »

Offline Comhon

• View Profile
    • comhon.cz
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2010, 07:24:11 »
AWESOME, thanks a lot.

« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2010, 20:47:17 »
Sup guys,

Much thanks for all of the posts and stars.  I appreciate it.  :P2

Also, thanks for the notes on shared flags, LightningEagle.  I did not know about that.  That makes some things easier.

As for invisible planets, I would guess that if you drop some planet folders into a star system, but don't add entries for them in Star.ini, they would be invisible for UFO travel, but you could still teleport to them via Trigger Points.
When I next upload my changes to this Puzzler file, I will also do some experiments with the Trigger Points.  I may even have a working example to upload.  We will see.

Anyway, I've been adding more config'able puzzles.  I have not really tested them yet.  So they are not ready.  And I would also like to see how many of the Dragon Noir puzzles I can get into the next release as well.  Some of them seem kind of challenging to adapt (circuit logic gates!?).  But maybe it is not bad at all.

Thanks again you guys,

-Joel

Offline LightningEagle

• Who's the wacko, you say?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2010, 22:43:35 »
Also, thanks for the notes on shared flags, LightningEagle.  I did not know about that.  That makes some things easier.

As for invisible planets, I would guess that if you drop some planet folders into a star system, but don't add entries for them in Star.ini, they would be invisible for UFO travel, but you could still teleport to them via Trigger Points.
When I next upload my changes to this Puzzler file, I will also do some experiments with the Trigger Points.  I may even have a working example to upload.  We will see.
That sounds like it could work!  :D

Anyway, I've been adding more config'able puzzles.  I have not really tested them yet.  So they are not ready.  And I would also like to see how many of the Dragon Noir puzzles I can get into the next release as well.  Some of them seem kind of challenging to adapt (circuit logic gates!?).  But maybe it is not bad at all.
Customizable circuit logic puzzles would be amazing.  :whoa:

Offline Comhon

• View Profile
    • comhon.cz
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2010, 17:34:12 »
I can't understand the lasers. I think that I can change flag value, but I can't make device that can turn off the laser. Please can someone write me codes/preview level that contains one device, one laser, which can be swithed off by the device, using one flag?

Offline smeagle

• Using Arch now
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2010, 07:15:02 »
[Vertical Laser flag 0]
Type=Flag Hazard
Image=Sprites\Vertical Laser.png
Tile Width=4
Tile Height=48
Mask Width=4
Mask Height=48
Control Flag=0
On Value=0
Off From Frame=8
Off To Frame=12
Off Loop Back=12
Off Sound=Laser Off
On From Frame=0
On To Frame=7
On Loop Back=4

i underlined the vaules that are needed. I think you can edit the value being changed in the puzzle.mfa

Offline Comhon

• View Profile
    • comhon.cz
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2010, 09:46:44 »
@smeagle:
Does it mean that I need to change the flags of device in puzzler.ini to this?

Set Flag on Win=0
Set Flag on Win to=0

Offline smeagle

• Using Arch now
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2010, 12:10:10 »
i assume so...
or try 1 instead of 0  ;)

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2010, 12:29:27 »
Yeah, flag 0 must be set to 1 to disable the laser. All flags are set to 0 by default.

On Value=0 <-- This parameter means that the laser is on when the value is 0. If the value is changed to 1, the laser disappears.

Offline Comhon

• View Profile
    • comhon.cz
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2010, 09:57:14 »
Thanks! Now I understand them almost completly!!! :)

« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2010, 20:06:49 »
Sup guys,

I made a little bit more progress with this thing in the last 2 months.  But I've mostly lost interest.
I added a couple more puzzles, including the race and the Dragon Noir.

I've changed some of the flag stuff.  It is a little bit more human readable.
ie, to set flags on win you do:
On Win=Flag 0 = 10

And you can enable/disable with conditions like:
Is Won If=Flag 0 > 8

Just, remember to always put a space on each side of the operator.
"On Win" Operators:
=
+=
"Is Won If" Operators:
=
!=
<>
>
>=
<=

Also, this level has a super thin Sound Module.ccn.  It just loads up the sounds module in Nifflas - 000 - Teleporters.  You can save about 9 megs that way.

Unfortunately, this Puzzler.cnn is about 4 megs, and you will need to have a copy of it for each galaxy where you use these puzzles.  I tried to make a smaller Puzzler.cnn setup with 1 fat file and a bunch of references for each galaxy, but I had some problems with this.  You can see the MFA files for these experiments in the download.

Also, I tried to make an ini customizable Sound Module.  But, it is like Nifflas said: it is too slow.  Especially when climbing.  When you climb, the game plays the climbing sounds like a billions times per second.  So it gets really bad with custom sounds.  I'm afraid that whoever wants custom sounds will need access to MMF2.  Or someone might make a plugin or something that lets you cache sounds.  I dunno.  Anyway, my MFA files for this experiment is included with the download as well.

http://www.filefront.com/15893639/Joel---001---Test.zip/

Feel free to use and expand on this stuff.  Let me know if you have any questions, or just post here.  I think I am subscribed to this topic.

Peace,

-Joel